MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

darkishstar

SWATCHES! Since I know people haven't been posting full faces, I hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Kanga-rouge
kangarouge.jpg

kangarougelips.jpg

Coral Polyp
coralpolyp.jpg

coralpolyplips.jpg

All on NC30 my dears!
And off to post the lips only in swatches. because.. well.. you can't FOTD type faces up.
smiles.gif
So I think that's why there's been no faces of swatches, just lips or hands. And this is also why I'm posting a full face here.
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
^^ You're welcome dearest!
You KNOW you want Coral Polyp.
winks.gif

No, I still think I can pass it
winks.gif
But Kangarouge is hot!

LP_x

Darkishstar Coral Polyp looks gorgeous on you. They both do actually
th_drool.gif
I know it won't look like that on me though

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Darkishstar Coral Polyp looks gorgeous on you. They both do actually
th_drool.gif
I know it won't look like that on me though

You really should try them on at the MAC counter though, you never know!

nadiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerr
hii everyone. sorry for such a lamee question. but i was wondering what the high-light powders were for?? i'm new to makeup andd i thought the high-light powders for the dame edna collection were blushess??
weeping.gif

I think you could use the overspray as a highlight, once that wears off you're left with a matte powder underneath. I suppose they can be used like my Alpha Girl, which is actually pretty good for blush touch ups. It's handy because it has the little mirror, and because it's light I never apply too much.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I loved the ones from Heatherette... Hope these are similar in packaging.

yes.gif
I love Heatherette too! And there weren't any stickers.

darkishstar, Coral Polyp looks amazing. Not as orange as the l/s is in tube. And Kanga Rouge is hot.
heat.gif

Princesa Livia

thank you so much darkishstar! based on your full face shots, i think i WILL get coral polyp
smiles.gif
I expected it to be brighter than on the photo, but I'm happy if it isn't
cutey.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
thank you so much darkishstar! based on your full face shots, i think i WILL get coral polyp
smiles.gif
I expected it to be brighter than on the photo, but I'm happy if it isn't
cutey.gif

It CAN be brighter. I only applied it to my upper lip and then pressed my lips together. I don't want to wear it TOO bright, but I can. I was surprised as well, I thought it'd only be like.. BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT!

I should try it brightly on though..

Princesa Livia

Quote:
It CAN be brighter. I only applied it to my upper lip and then pressed my lips together. I don't want to wear it TOO bright, but I can. I was surprised as well, I thought it'd only be like.. BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT!

I should try it brightly on though..

xD I'm so excited to get mine!! can't wait!!!
cutey.gif

ksanayy

is it just me or it was a pain for me to take out the l/g and l/s out of the box i had to both open the the side flap and push it out??
th_dunno.gif
i just got the westeria pallete splendid and coral polyp [ugh i forgot my b2m and i coudnt wait to own 'em]

dreamer246

Quote:
^^ You're welcome dearest!
You KNOW you want Coral Polyp.
winks.gif

I didn't know I want it, until I saw the full face picture of you. It looked sooooo hot on you
drools.gif
, not exactly the color I had in mind but well it turned out to be a lot nicer than I was expecting
thmbup.gif
. I'm so going to get Coral Polyp too, and pray that it'll turn out to be as gorgeous on me too.
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathweezy
is it just me or it was a pain for me to take out the l/g and l/s out of the box i had to both open the the side flap and push it out??
th_dunno.gif
i just got the westeria pallete splendid and coral polyp [ugh i forgot my b2m and i coudnt wait to own 'em]

Coral Polyp looks very very pretty on you! hmmm, thinkin about it now
th_dunno.gif

sherox

i bought gladiola l/s but idk how i feel about it? it's suuper bright & i don't own any matte l/s so its diff for me i just wanted a 2nd opinion on how it looks on me! sorry i don't have any make up on just the l/s!

015-4.jpg

elegant-one

^^^I like it on you! You could also put a light highlight color just on the lower pout of the lip &/or some soft gloss to tone it down if you're not totally comfortable with it.

GlamYOURUs

IMHO, I don't think Gladiola is suited for people with yellow tones. The purple and yellow just don't mix well.

sherox I think maybe if you did the entire look it will look hotter and with some gloss on the lower lip!

Marjolaine

Kanga-rouge looks perfect, but looks dupeable at the same time.. Can you think of other blue-reds that looks similar? I loved that color but I should save money and I really have to start MAC-detoxing asap
ssad.gif