MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
aw that sucks
ssad.gif
how much are you using? because i literally do my lips with whatever comes out on the wand - i don't double dip or anything. i tried it once and it looked too heavy!

It definitely wears better with a thinner application. Gimme That! stays on forever with one dip, but I kept using multiple layers of Bold & Brash since it was sheerer, and it wouldn't stay on as well by far.

I changed tactics and do one layer of B&B over a red lipstain now to get the full opacity + staying power.

Hypathya

Quote:
wearing ban this! gloss today... seriously i love this collection so much! my fave of the year so far! i love all the colours of everything and although i couldnt buy everything i wanted it's still my fave!

I bet the bits you got are really pretty!!! Hope you can get the rest of your list somehow!!
winkiss.gif

Fiberluver

When I first purchased and used the glosses I had to double dip to get any color out of the tube.

Now, 1 dip is all it takes to coat my lips and the color lasts practically all day.

I do use a lip balm under the gloss - I put the balm on, smack lips together, blot w/tissue, lightly line for definition and color then put a dab of gloss on.

Gimme That! and Ban This!, imho, are the 2 best colors. I purchased Bold & Brash but that shade of red looks wonky on me. I'm going to give it one more try. If I doesn't work then I'll return it and get something else.

Well, it looks like Bold/Brash is a keeper. I just paired it w/Beet liner an OMG! I love it!

Why oh why oh why MAC is this a LE product???

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I bet the bits you got are really pretty!!! Hope you can get the rest of your list somehow!!
winkiss.gif

i'm sure i will one day
smiles.gif
sales threads and cco's are my friend
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
When I first purchased and used the glosses I had to double dip to get any color out of the tube.

Now, 1 dip is all it takes to coat my lips and the color lasts practically all day.

I do use a lip balm under the gloss - I put the balm on, smack lips together, blot w/tissue, lightly line for definition and color then put a dab of gloss on.

Gimme That! and Ban This!, imho, are the 2 best colors. I purchased Bold & Brash but that shade of red looks wonky on me. I'm going to give it one more try. If I doesn't work then I'll return it and get something else.

Well, it looks like Bold/Brash is a keeper. I just paired it w/Beet liner an OMG! I love it!

Why oh why oh why MAC is this a LE product???

yes i do this too! otherwise my lips are really dry and skanky!

silentstorm143

I totally skipped on the glosses -was to preoccupied with the e/s and now I am thinking of trying one but which? What do you guys think would be the best one for nc42 dark brown eyes and dark brown hair?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I totally skipped on the glosses -was to preoccupied with the e/s and now I am thinking of trying one but which? What do you guys think would be the best one for nc42 dark brown eyes and dark brown hair?

i think perhaps the more corally coloured one would look really nice
smiles.gif
and also ban this!
smiles.gif

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
^
iagree.gif
MAC should make this perm!!
yes.gif

Agreed! The formula is so fantastic. And as I've said, I want to see this formula in every color of the rainbow including black, silver, gold, blue, green, yellow....EVERYTHING!!!

silentstorm143

Quote:
i think perhaps the more corally coloured one would look really nice
smiles.gif
and also ban this!
smiles.gif

You dont think ban this would be too dark? I am nc 42 but not dark nc 42 im more medium like Francia Raisa when shes tan...you still think ban this?

LMD84

Quote:
You dont think ban this would be too dark? I am nc 42 but not dark nc 42 im more medium like Francia Raisa when shes tan...you still think ban this?

no i don't think the gloss would be too dark. in fact i think that it would look better on your skintone than on mine. i am only nc20 so very pasty! i think it would look hot on deeper skin colours. can you go to the store and try it perhaps?
smiles.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
no i don't think the gloss would be too dark. in fact i think that it would look better on your skintone than on mine. i am only nc20 so very pasty! i think it would look hot on deeper skin colours. can you go to the store and try it perhaps?
smiles.gif

No my MAC is sold out so I would have to order online since they are all still available on the site. Thanks for your suggestions I will prob order either so bad gimme that or ban this maybe more than one. If I dont like them oh well ill find someone who will lol. Thanks again.

LMD84

Quote:
No my MAC is sold out so I would have to order online since they are all still available on the site. Thanks for your suggestions I will prob order either so bad gimme that or ban this maybe more than one. If I dont like them oh well ill find someone who will lol. Thanks again.

yes you will certaintly find somebody who will want to buy them off you if you're not keen!
smiles.gif
but fingers crossed you will like them. i think i prefer them to dazzleglasses which are usually my favourite mac gloss! because these are so shimmery but opaque!
love.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
yes you will certaintly find somebody who will want to buy them off you if you're not keen!
smiles.gif
but fingers crossed you will like them. i think i prefer them to dazzleglasses which are usually my favourite mac gloss! because these are so shimmery but opaque!
love.gif

I hope I like them to I am trying to branch out I am an e/s addict lol. I have actually never tried a MAC gloss of any kind so these will be my first.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Agreed! The formula is so fantastic. And as I've said, I want to see this formula in every color of the rainbow including black, silver, gold, blue, green, yellow....EVERYTHING!!!

Same here! I'd buy all of them.
drools.gif

Quote:
smiles.gif
love.gif

I definitely prefer these to dazzleglasses! They're badass.

Teggy

Denied! Nordies was out of Ban This and Sassy Grass and didn't even carry Chrome Yellow. No worries, I'll just order them online.

Fiberluver

layla,

Badass is right!!!

I can't get enough of these glosses!

Someone, a bunch of pages back, said we would love these and they were correct!

I want more of them too!

silentstorm143

Quote:
Before I forget -

When I checked the MAC site last night, Zingy is sold out!

I saw that to this morning I think its the first thing to sell out from this collection. I thought going bananas sassy grass or the glosses would sell out first
th_dunno.gif
go figure lol

Fiberluver

Quote:
I saw that to this morning I think its the first thing to sell out from this collection. I thought going bananas sassy grass or the glosses would sell out first
th_dunno.gif
go figure lol

Yeah, Me too!

I thought Going Bananas was going to sell out the first day since everyone was talking about it.
th_dunno.gif

Zingy, huh?

Who knew!

I'm shocked that SG and SAC haven't sold out either.

One thing I can say about the glosses is that most of the very popular shades like GT!, BT! and B&B have sold out at both of my local MAC counters. I ordered GT online and lucked up with B&B earlier this week when my local Nordies got more in stock.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Yeah, Me too!

I thought Going Bananas was going to sell out the first day since everyone was talking about it.
th_dunno.gif

Zingy, huh?

Who knew!

I'm shocked that SG and SAC haven't sold out either.

One thing I can say about the glosses is that most of the very popular shades like GT!, BT! and B&B have sold out at both of my local MAC counters. I ordered GT online and lucked up with B&B earlier this when my local Nordies got more in stock.

Oh yeah my MAC is practically out of the glosses except dare to dare so I am shocked they are still on the site so I guess I will have to order them but yeah Zingy? Of all the items lol