MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Agreed! The formula is so fantastic. And as I've said, I want to see this formula in every color of the rainbow including black, silver, gold, blue, green, yellow....EVERYTHING!!!

yummy.gif
drools.gif

I dreamed yesterday of a dark vampy red with purple, black, golden glitter!! It was hoooot stuff!!
heat.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i think i prefer them to dazzleglasses which are usually my favourite mac gloss! because these are so shimmery but opaque!
love.gif

This ones are great!! They were released the same day Digi Pops was... the dazzleglasses seemed to me soo
th_yawn.gif
when compared to the DTW glosses.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
yummy.gif
drools.gif

I dreamed yesterday of a dark vampy red with purple, black, golden glitter!! It was hoooot stuff!!
heat.gif

I'll take twenty.
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I hope I like them to I am trying to branch out I am an e/s addict lol. I have actually never tried a MAC gloss of any kind so these will be my first.

oh well y7ou are starting out with the best!
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
No my MAC is sold out so I would have to order online since they are all still available on the site. Thanks for your suggestions I will prob order either so bad gimme that or ban this maybe more than one. If I dont like them oh well ill find someone who will lol. Thanks again.

But maybe your counter still has the tester. Then you can try it and if you like it order online.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
But maybe your counter still has the tester. Then you can try it and if you like it order online.

I'm gonna check the counter in Macy's but I know that the MAC actually pulls the tester when they sell out. I'm going to the VV preview on Tuesday and will see if I can hunt any of the glosses down.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
I'm gonna check the counter in Macy's but I know that the MAC actually pulls the tester when they sell out. I'm going to the VV preview on Tuesday and will see if I can hunt any of the glosses down.

While they might not have the tester for something that is sold out out, they could still have it tucked away in a drawer.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
While they might not have the tester for something that is sold out out, they could still have it tucked away in a drawer.

yes i have found that it always worth asking if they happen to have anything hidden away! in fact i have been known to snoop through drawers in a uk drugstore to find a colour of shadow i wanted!
tong.gif
they most likely thought i was a shoplifter!

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue

I know I have asked before thats how I found I liked firecracker from the to the beach collection...my MAC still had the tester I swatched it then checked the macys counter to see if they still had it in stock.
I asked last time if they had the gloss testers still an apparently people were rough on them and they had so many people try them out that the testers broke or were empty so they don't have them anymore hence why I will check the surrounding counters
yes.gif

Liya2007

I can't stop thinking about Louder Please!! I have Passionate & Post Haste and I don't even use them but I still want Louder Please!! What do you ladies think should I resist the urge or just give up and get it? is it really that unique and worth getting??

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
I can't stop thinking about Louder Please!! I have Passionate & Post Haste and I don't even use them but I still want Louder Please!! What do you ladies think should I resist the urge or just give up and get it? is it really that unique and worth getting??

it's a lovely colour but i personally skipped because i knew that i wouldnt use it that often
smiles.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
it's a lovely colour but i personally skipped because i knew that i wouldnt use it that often
smiles.gif

That is exactly why I wanted to skip, hopefully I'll stay strong LOL
mac_addict.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:

I love bright colors and on my skin tone LP was so much brighter than passionate and when you mix it with swish you get this gorgeous med rosy metallic pink I am so happy I got it. If you don't think you will use it or u are happy with passionate then skip it.

GlamQueen21

Quote:

Louder, Please is amazing!! It's pigmented and I have abandoned my Passionate for this eyeshadow!
love.gif

Fiberluver

I like LP too. I don't have Passionate but I do have Post Haste. Even though they fall into the same color family each shadow is a bit different.

For starters, LP is a bit brighter and pinker or moving more towards fuschia than PH.

PH seems to have a bit of blue or purple cast and LP doesn't.

I think your choice may ultimately depend on whether you want to have multiple shadows in the same family or color way in your kit.

I hope this helps!

Teggy

EDIT: Never mind! Didn't get a shipping notice, but my package should be at my door. I plan on raving about my new stuff later.

EDIT 2: Got my stuff. Did a fun experiment with Chrome Yellow on the lid and Sassy grass in the outer V. Way cute! I know CY isn't part of the collection, but I think it would go brilliantly with a lot of the shades that were.

I also got Ban This! and now I'm...well...not as pleased. I only tried a drop or so on my lips the first time I saw it, thinking, "Oh, I can recreate this with other colors I already own." What sold me was how well Gimmie That! wears so long. I'll give it a couple of tries, but if it ends up looking like all the rest of the sparkly purple lippies I own (Boys Go Crazy, Fab Frenzy, Date Night, Funtabulous) then I might end up swapping it. We'll see. I want to give it a fair chance.

Nzsallyb

im not to sure what happened to this collection, i heard rumours of it coming out in october in NZ, i would have loved to check out the e/s!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
im not to sure what happened to this collection, i heard rumours of it coming out in october in NZ, i would have loved to check out the e/s!

i hope it does get released for you soon because it really was an awesome collection. you need to check out the glosses if it does!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
i hope it does get released for you soon because it really was an awesome collection. you need to check out the glosses if it does!

i hope i get some dare to wear action soon. now that NZ gets collections directly from australia, and not from the US, the collections take FOREVER to come out