MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

laylalovesmac

I'm trying to decide if I should just break down and get all the l/e eyeshadows in this one.... the green doesn't really do anything for me and the hot pink seems like it could be duped, but I'm worried I will regret it later.... decisions decisions decisions.... of course, if it's between these two and more from VV, I'm going with VV, at the moment. The full color story will help me out more w/ budgeting
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Those Dare To Wear glosses look like they're squeeze tubes. The tubes look a lot like Illamasqua's which are squeeze tubes with a slant-tip applicator.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Those Dare To Wear glosses look like they're squeeze tubes. The tubes look a lot like Illamasqua's which are squeeze tubes with a slant-tip applicator.

iagree.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hergreyness said that the applicaters were a doe foot smaller than on a regular gloss.
smiles.gif

Ahh so the tubes are deceiving... I guess the smaller doe foot makes sense... Sad that it won't be the beloved brush, though
ssad.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
yes i would have prefered a brush. but hey ho - the colours look stunning so i am still happy!
smiles.gif

That they do! I am for sure getting the purple ad maybe one more after swaches
greengrin.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Ahh so the tubes are deceiving... I guess the smaller doe foot makes sense... Sad that it won't be the beloved brush, though
ssad.gif

I was hoping the applicator would be more like Superglass - that one combines the best of brush and doe foot, lays down the sparkles smoothly, evenly and makes it easy to build smoothly blended layers or areas you want more concentrated application.

'Have a feeling it was just unique to Superglass, though, as a way of dealing with the large glitter flakes.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I was hoping the applicator would be more like Superglass - that one combines the best of brush and doe foot, lays down the sparkles smoothly, evenly and makes it easy to build smoothly blended layers or areas you want more concentrated application.

'Have a feeling it was just unique to Superglass, though, as a way of dealing with the large glitter flakes.

I didn't buy any Superglass- it was a brush/doe foot combo?
th_worship.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I didn't buy any Superglass- it was a brush/doe foot combo?
th_worship.gif

i didn't get a superglass either but the applicator sounds interesting!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
that doesn't sound good!
shockt.gif
is it bad?

being ill is never pleasant i just wish you a speedy recovery!

my friend's was quite bad but hopefully yours will not be. everyone is different!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
Ooo I hope they're squeezy tubes like the Illamasqua ones!

They actually have a wand with a doe foot applicator
ssad.gif
I was hoping for something new, too. But, doe foot is just as easy to use as anything else, IMO.
yes.gif

kayley123

Quote:
They actually have a wand with a doe foot applicator
ssad.gif
I was hoping for something new, too. But, doe foot is just as easy to use as anything else, IMO.
yes.gif

I really like doe-foots actually...
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
I really like doe-foots actually...
th_dunno.gif

I do, too, but I also really like brushes! And squeeze tubes... You know, I think I actually like any applicator, so long as the color is pretty.
yes.gif

liba

Quote:
i didn't get a superglass either but the applicator sounds interesting!

It's a really different applicator. It's as bendable as a brush, but it's a solid piece of soft, rubbery silicone-type plastic. Not as thick as the lipglass doe foot, but it's not completely flat like a brush - it's sort of built up in the middle like it has a little belly. It's longer than the brushes in dazzle glass, but not by too much.

Superglass isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but I do get compliments when I wear Cherry Electric!

LMD84

i think doe foots are ok... but i think i get a better application when i use a brush - that is the only reason for my preference!
smiles.gif