MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I didn't really follow your earlier posts, but did you check your junk mail? I placed my order this afternoon, and the confirmation email came within a few minutes. They didn't take the money out yet, though
nope.gif
Kinda weird.

OH MY GOD! You were right.
th_worship.gif
Thank you SO much elektra513! I can't believe I didn't check there. I also can't believe it ended up there... that has never happened before. Damn, they sent it the minute I placed my order.... Earlier than when I thought I ordered
th_LMAO.gif

I officially feel stupid.
blush-anim-cl.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
So yeah, I caved on the 2 e/s as expected.
graucho.gif

I ordered:

Bold & Brash
Dare To Dare
Gimme That!
So Bad
Ban This!
Sassy Grass
Going Bananas

I wanted a few more of the e/s, but I just couldn't pass up these glosses. I think I might even head out on Thursday and check out the bronzey gloss too, and pick up any back-ups of the others if I "need" them.
sneaky.gif

enjoy
smiles.gif

I decided to skip the glosses, cannot believe it myself
shockt.gif

abbyquack

Nordstrom's is getting this collection right? I guess since Macy's already did, then it's a given that Nordies will too...I'm trying to wait til it launches on their site b/c I get "double points" on my Nordstrom card,
lol.gif
But I am really impatient and want my DtW goodies now!
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I love Aquadisiac too! In fact, it is my favorite aqua/teal eyeshadow.
yes.gif
It doesn't behave at all like the bad lustres do.

That was my very first MAC product! Yay!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
th_worship.gif
Thank you SO much elektra513! I can't believe I didn't check there. I also can't believe it ended up there... that has never happened before. Damn, they sent it the minute I placed my order.... Earlier than when I thought I ordered
th_LMAO.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif

No, you're not. But it sounds so cute!
lol.gif
Glad you found the confirmation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
enjoy hauling guys!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
I'll see this collection on Thursday or Friday!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
enjoy
smiles.gif

I decided to skip the glosses, cannot believe it myself
shockt.gif

I need your will power! I'm really excited for this new formula glosses! Hope they will work for my pigmented lips!
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Nordstrom's is getting this collection right? I guess since Macy's already did, then it's a given that Nordies will too...I'm trying to wait til it launches on their site b/c I get "double points" on my Nordstrom card,
lol.gif
But I am really impatient and want my DtW goodies now!
yes.gif

Double points sound so good!
lol.gif
I wish my Macy's would offer some point.
sigh.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
No, you're not. But it sounds so cute!
lol.gif
Glad you found the confirmation!

I need your will power! I'm really excited for this new formula glosses! Hope they will work for my pigmented lips
cutey.gif

lol.gif
I am. At least a little....

And me too. I am STOKED for the new formula. I'm just sad I couldn't get more colors. But, I know I will worship and love the hell out of Ban This, so that's why I got 2.
yes.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I need your will power! I'm really excited for this new formula glosses! Hope they will work for my pigmented lips!
cutey.gif

Oh, I am excited as well, but I have so many glosses... So better I do not know what I am missing
winks.gif
And I will live vicariously through you all
greengrin.gif

From what people said the glosses are very pigmented, so I am sure they will work for you
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Oh, I am excited as well, but I have so many glosses... So better I do not know what I am missing
winks.gif
And I will live vicariously through you all
greengrin.gif

Yep, too many glosses, but I will get one
winks.gif

laylalovesmac

I don't have many glosses.... I think I have seven, maybe. I got rid of a bunch I didn't like or ever use. I am much more into lipstick.
yes.gif
glosses just aren't my thing usually, but I have high hopes for these.

banana1234

Quote:
I can swatch Aqua with Aquadisiac for you (I don't have Haunting, but was there any other shade you might want to see it next to that I might have?).
yes.gif
I'll take the pictures tomorrow if it's okay with you, it's now too dark here to take them without flash.

anything you do would be amazing, and i would be eternally greatful, you are a star

Colorqueen

Quote:
I don't have many glosses.... I think I have seven, maybe. I got rid of a bunch I didn't like or ever use. I am much more into lipstick.
yes.gif
glosses just aren't my thing usually, but I have high hopes for these.

You will probably like these if you like in your face glosses. They are intense. Gimme That and Brash & Bold (or whatever it is) are the only two I really went nuts over when I looked at them a few weeks ago.

The purple was a bit too dark for me, but still pretty. I didn't get to swatch the lighter ones though, just look at them. Swatching them might be the difference.

banana1234

the purple doesnt look very purple to me, in swatches it looks more red-purple, and on my pigmented lips it will prob look berry coloured, which i'm sad about, i want a purple purple lip

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
You will probably like these if you like in your face glosses. They are intense. Gimme That and Brash & Bold (or whatever it is) are the only two I really went nuts over when I looked at them a few weeks ago.

The purple was a bit too dark for me, but still pretty. I didn't get to swatch the lighter ones though, just look at them. Swatching them might be the difference.

Yes- those two look amazing! But when it comes down to it, I don't wear hot pink or red that often, and though it may seem like Ban This is the least day-to-day wearable, I think it will be the opposite for me.
tong.gif

banana1234

i want the red cos i missed out on amorous, when it came out last year and have regretted it since, this is the closest thing i can get too it, red and sparkly and thick and opaque? yes please!

elektra513

Quote:
th_worship.gif
th_LMAO.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif

th_LMAO.gif
You know, every once in a while, it happens. Glad it worked out for you, hun
choochoo.gif
I checked my account and it posted this morning, so all is well over here too.

Flaminbird

Well I was thinking of getting Shock-aholic but yesterday I wore Plum Dressing all over my lid with Sketch in the V and this morning I woke up with the red eyes and mucous again
ssad.gif
. Ugghhh... I havent had that in months and have worn some of those reddish e/s colors that give me problems with no troubles. I probably will only get Sassy Grass and two of the l/g. I just dont feel like running to the MAC store before work tomorrow and would rather go on Saturday morning

PinkBasset

Okay banana1234, here's the comparison swatches
smiles.gif
:

L-R: Aqua, Aquadisiac, Sky Blue, Teal Blue, Aquavert

T-B, L-R:

Aqua, Parrot, Stormwatch
Aquadisiac, Shimmermoss, Plumage
Aquavert, Lustreleaf, Teal Blue
Sky Blue, Suave Intentions, Strike A Pose

As you can see, Aqua is very very light in colour. In my collection (I didn't put here any other than Mac comparisons though) it is unique.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Oooh... What gauge is your hand at? I tried to do my webbing right there but it rejected so fast....
angry.gif
It was like my fail ashley piercing.
angry.gif
angry.gif

Sass

Alrighty. So I skipped the lipglasses because they look too glittery from the swatches, but I did order five e/s in Sassy Grass, Lime, Crazy Cool, Going Bananas, Shock-a-holic and Louder Please...hopefully DH won't get too upset about this. I told him I wasn't buying anyting until the Villains collection. Oh well.
mac_addict.gif