MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

LittleMaryJane

I wasn't excited for this collection because we'd been hearing about it for so long it seemed like but now I'm really looking forward to hitting up my mac counter tomorrow
th_DANCE.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Oooh... What gauge is your hand at? I tried to do my webbing right there but it rejected so fast....
angry.gif
It was like my fail ashley piercing.
angry.gif
angry.gif

It's the normal 14g. My piercer says I'm some kind of a freak of nature because my body accepts piercings that don't stay on others.
th_LMAO.gif
Like hand webs have stayed on for years and years when they usually grow out on people less than a month. So she has been excited to try unusual piercings with me and see them success!
smiles.gif
I'm very happy with this feature!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
It's the normal 14g. My piercer says I'm some kind of a freak of nature because my body accepts piercings that don't stay on others.
th_LMAO.gif
Like hand webs have stayed on for years and years when they usually grow out on people less than a month. So she has been excited to try unusual piercings with me and see them success!
smiles.gif

I've never seen a hand webbing piercing before.. Is it between your index finger and thumb? The thought of having a piercing there makes me feel weak in the knees
greengrin.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I've never seen a hand webbing piercing before.. Is it between your index finger and thumb? The thought of having a piercing there makes me feel weak in the knees
greengrin.gif

Yes, it's right there. I don't want you to feel weak in your knees though!
greengrin.gif

Nowadays I have less piercings that I used to have. When I meet new people some say straight to my face that they cannot look at me or eat when I'm around because of my piercings. I find that extremely funny!
th_LMAO.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Yes, it's right there. I don't want you to feel weak in your knees though!
greengrin.gif

Nowadays I have less piercings that I used to have. When I meet new people some say straight to my face that they cannot look at me or eat when I'm around because of my piercings. I find that extremely funny!
th_LMAO.gif

greengrin.gif
Piercings don't usually bother me, I'm sure I could definitely eat in front of you
winks.gif
Just something about that one... What others do you have?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
smiles.gif

you are so lucky! I am so insanely jealous. almost all piercings reject on me. the only one i have been able to successfully keep is a lip one on the right side. the ashley rejected, the finger web rejected, the septum rejected (still want to try this one again), even the other three lip piercings i had rejected. i still have the three scars to prove it, too. Grrr....
angry.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
greengrin.gif
Piercings don't usually bother me, I'm sure I could definitely eat in front of you
winks.gif
Just something about that one... What others do you have?

I'm interested in this, too. I saw your swatches of Go For It, so I know you have snakebites and the septum... my septum and double spiderbites rejected
weeping.gif

wetwater

anyone know if dare to dare compares (colorwise) to anything in mac's recent (past year or so) or permanent collections?

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Gosh, I can't decide which lipglass to get! Just one!
th_crazy.gif

I know how you feel. I know I want Gimme That! for sure but I think I want a second and I don't know which one! I'm leaning towards Dare to Dare after Karla's awesome swatches. I love her swatches
smiles.gif
heart.gif
(But I appreciate allll swatches equally, I need my swatches!)

Susanne

Quote:
I know how you feel. I know I want Gimme That! for sure but I think I want a second and I don't know which one! I'm leaning towards Dare to Dare after Karla's awesome swatches. I love her swatches
smiles.gif
heart.gif
(But I appreciate allll swatches equally, I need my swatches!)

Yes, I agree, but this is one...... And I said just one. But two more are calling me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwater
anyone know if dare to dare compares (colorwise) to anything in mac's recent (past year or so) or permanent collections?

I think Cult Fave from Fafi (08) is really similar! Love that l/g.

banana1234

Quote:
Okay banana1234, here's the comparison swatches
smiles.gif
:

L-R: Aqua, Aquadisiac, Sky Blue, Teal Blue, Aquavert

T-B, L-R:

Aqua, Parrot, Stormwatch
Aquadisiac, Shimmermoss, Plumage
Aquavert, Lustreleaf, Teal Blue
Sky Blue, Suave Intentions, Strike A Pose

As you can see, Aqua is very very light in colour. In my collection (I didn't put here any other than Mac comparisons though) it is unique.
yes.gif

thank you, you are the best, i will be getting aqua, but i'm still not sure about sky blue!! thank you so much

ARmakeupjunkie

I'm in love with the video look they did for this collection!
tong.gif
All the colors the artist used look great on the model! The look is so bold, bright, and what I usually go for when I take the time to do my makeup...eye catching!!

January

I just ordered Dare to Dare and Bold & Brash glosses. I'm still interested in Crazy Cool & Shockaholic, but I'm going to wait on those
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
I'm in love with the video look they did for this collection!
tong.gif
All the colors the artist used look great on the model! The look is so bold, bright, and what I usually go for when I take the time to do my makeup...eye catching!!

oh I so agree -- the model is gorgeous and the colors suit her so well. an added plus is that she is about 18
th_LMAO.gif
-- these colors are good accent colors for anyone who is a bit older and wants a pop of color, but they are very bright and have to be applied with caution.

the lgs.. are another story
smiles.gif
lubbs them!
graucho.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyiona
How does crazy cool compare to stars n rockets

very... very different. stars n rockets is like a duochrome pink-purple. it can look very warm and the color can change depending on what bases you use.

i havent seen crazy cool in real life but its suppose to be similar to beautiful iris - lavender shade - light and very cool toned