MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
No, you will get what you want
th_hug.gif

This is one of those rare creatures, a MAC collection I can completely skip without so much as a twinge, but I'm glad that others can get what they want.
I just don't do brights on the eyes.
I do like bright lips on me, but I'm already overstocked in that department.

LittleMaryJane

I'm wearing Aqua today... I didn't have any problems with the application or blending and I don't find it to be chalky at all.

I'm happy with all my stuff!

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
I haven't seen Gimme That! yet but Electric Fuchsia seems more sheer and appears a bit more violet due to violet shimmer perhaps. EF on my hand looks almost as purple as Ban This! in Erine's swatch in the swatch thread (with EF being lighter of course), and they both seem to have some vibrant aqua/violet reflects glitter mixed in. I'm assuming that Gimme That! is brighter and pinker as compared to EF though lip swatches look kind of the same. If all of these new glosses have the same multicolor sparkle and intensity as Snowscene and Electric Fuchsia, I am sold!
yes.gif

Thanks! Awh, I've been lemming Snowscene for ages.
th_drool.gif
I saw it at a Florida CCO a while back & walked away.
bangin.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
lol.gif
I'm so jealous! Mine is a complete idiot. He never knocks or rings the bell and leaves boxes under my doormat in puddles when it is raining. Even if I'm home. He doesn't even bother and I have never not seen him on the phone. And sometimes he leaves my stuff in front of the side door of my house... Don't even get me started on how much stuff has been ruined from the monsoons and his idiocy....

So, in synopsis, I'm jealous of you.
tong.gif

Layla, I'm so sorry. I have been lucky to have good UPS guys. I hope to see him again this evening when he drops off my Nordstrom package.
tong.gif

AudreyNicole

Sassy Grass is everything thing I was hoping! Super gorgeous crayola crayon green, soft and blendable. I am wearing it today with Vanilla e/s on the lid to brow, Sassy Grass in the crease and Femme Noir in the outer V. I'm in love.
love.gif

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Sassy Grass is everything thing I was hoping! Super gorgeous crayola crayon green, soft and blendable. I am wearing it today with Vanilla e/s on the lid to brow, Sassy Grass in the crease and Femme Noir in the outer V. I'm in love.
love.gif

I have to agree and say that Sassy Grass is so pretty! I only had it on as a liner yesterday but last night I put in on as eyeshadow and was also in love
fluffy.gif

I've also decided to get the Dare to Dare gloss after work since I love Bold and Brash so much.

And I said I was going to skip this collection......
shrugs.gif

lilMAClady

So I only got Louder, Please and Sassy Grass. Sassy will be delivered today and Louder on Monday. I have high hopes y'all! I'm keeping a bare face until Sassy Grass gets here so I can do an absurdly bold and colorful look! :-D

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
I just got back from the MAC store here in Houston and they told me that they just implemented a new policy where they are not allowing any limited edition products on the b2m. So the answer is, no you can't. That really sucks!!
angry.gif
I had my b2m's all ready for my glosses and shadows and now I can't even use them!
ssad.gif
Mac really needs to make up it's mind...you can , you can't, you can, you can't...which is it?!
th_confused_new.gif

This doesn't make sense. Pretty much every eyeshadow in every new collection is limited edition. So basically they were telling you that you can't Back to Mac for any new eyeshadows from a new collection.

Quote:
lol.gif
I'm so jealous! Mine is a complete idiot. He never knocks or rings the bell and leaves boxes under my doormat in puddles when it is raining. Even if I'm home. He doesn't even bother and I have never not seen him on the phone. And sometimes he leaves my stuff in front of the side door of my house... Don't even get me started on how much stuff has been ruined from the monsoons and his idiocy....

So, in synopsis, I'm jealous of you.
tong.gif

I "missed" my delivery today even though I was home. I decided to give UPS the benefit of the doubt since I did nod off for a few minutes today. Supposedly they came around 9am. I asked to pick it up and they said I had to wait until 7:30 tonight! Yikes. Why so long? The Pick up center is really out of the way. I wouldn't worry except there is zero parking around here and I might have trouble getting a spot when I get back. I started to wait for a Monday delivery but I figured I'd be in the same situation. I'm so tempted to go to a counter and check out the colors I didn't order but I'm trying to be good.

coachkitten

I had a huge list for this collection and I only ended up with Sassy Grass & Crazy Cool e/s. I didn't like the way shock-a-holic swatched and I have MUFE 92 which isn't an exact dupe but close enough.

The DTW glosses are gorgeous but really sticky. I have so many dazzleglasses that I can put over a lipstick to get a similar effect.

I guess this means more money for Fabulous Felines!

Fiberluver

I know this is off topic but the MAC website is still selling the Viva Glam VI SE lipstick. I picked it up @ a MAC store.

The MAC MUA told me that there were a lot of legal issues about it when Gaga and Cyndi were released so it is possible they reached an agreement and are allowed to sell it until a specific date.

She also said inventory is coming up so it may be available until then.

So, I'm glad I got it! I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier! It is a beautiful shade.

On to Dare to Wear:

Before my new meds made we wonky this morning and I called out I did this look:

NC45 concealer from brow to crease line
Soft Ochre p/p on lid
Going Bananas e/s on lid
Beautiful Iris in crease all the way across w/224
Purple Haze on outer crease to darken it w/217
Shadowy lady on crease w/226 brush to seriously darken 1/3 way across
Feline kohl to line upper lid

MSFN in Dark
NW40 concealer under eyes
Refined MSF on cheeks, etc.
Vintage grape : light shade on cheeks, darker color as contour

Plum l/l
Viva Glam VI SE l/s
"" gloss

This is an interesting look. The yellow of the Going Bananas really punches up the purples and makes the black liner pop!

I really like it and will def. do this again but with different shades and textures.

Later.

Nat

LittleMaryJane

Hm. I feel like now I need to back up my Viva Glam VI while I (maybe) still can. I wear it with a lot of looks. In fact, I'm wearing it today.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am so glad you all get your things!!
mac_haul.gif

I have to wait until Monday
sigh.gif

Can't wait to see Sassy Green and Shockaholic in real.

Next Saturday here.
sigh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
love.gif

This sounds lovely. Could you post a picture, pretty please?
smiles.gif

Fiberluver

Ok - I'm getting ready to run out to pick up yet another prescription and was thinking about Shock-A Holic.

Does it look like any of MAC's perm. purple shades?

Is this along w/Sassy Green a must purchase??

Thanks.

Nat

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
Could please someone compare Bold & Brash to Cult of Cherry and Chanel Dragon? Is it also a very blue based red? It looks gorgeous and oh so tempting but I wonder whether it will turn into blueish pink or fuchsia on my lips like COC does and all my other red glosses and red lippies for that matter. Sigh

I can't compare Bold & Brash to CoC, but ironically enough, I just so happened to try on Chanel Dragon last night after trying on B&B. They are completely different. Bold & Brash is sparkly and has a pink tone to it. I didn't like it because I wanted RED red, darn it! Dragon is a true red. Not quite as dark as I'd hoped, but still quite pretty. The textures are completely different. B&B is definitely thicker, but both will wear very well. What B&B has over Dragon is that it doesn't bleed like Dragon does.

As excited as I was for Bold & Brash, I was truly disappointed at how pink it looked in person. I ended up buying Gimmie That which is a delightfully fun, bright fuchsia. Overall, the texture isn't sticky like the dazzleglasses...but I would still describe it as tacky.

Two things really impressed me about these: First, the opacity. I adore liquid lipsticks and these had a lot of color payoff. No need for lipstick underneath. Second, they LAST! I drank a whole glass of water and still had plenty of this gloss on. I would definitely buy more of this type in other colors.

makeba

Teggy Is that you in your avatar? I love the lippie. what is it please? I have been wanting to get Dragon lippie for awhile. I have been loving red lippies lately.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
I just got back from the MAC store here in Houston and they told me that they just implemented a new policy where they are not allowing any limited edition products on the b2m. So the answer is, no you can't. That really sucks!!
angry.gif
I had my b2m's all ready for my glosses and shadows and now I can't even use them!
ssad.gif
Mac really needs to make up it's mind...you can , you can't, you can, you can't...which is it?!
th_confused_new.gif

i was told that in Frasers in glasgow. i tried to B2M for some of the ITG lipsticks [that's all you can B2M for in the UK] and i was told that you can't do it for trend-based lipsticks, in essence, you can only get permenant lipsticks.

the kicker is in april i B2M-ed for two GMLOL lipsticks, even though they were special packaging in Harvey Nichols in edinburgh...
th_dunno.gif
there's only 2 MAC counters in scotland and they seem to have different policies. very odd.

can't wait to get my paws on these eyeshadows... bring on tuesday!

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
Teggy Is that you in your avatar? I love the lippie. what is it please? I have been wanting to get Dragon lippie for awhile. I have been loving red lippies lately.

Yes that's me. That was back when a MUA did a look on me for Style Black (and I still had red hair). She did a serious black lip, but it might have faded by the time I took the picture. Night Violet is your friend though...And you could easily do a dark, glossed, berry lip with a lot of combinations.

Found a slightly larger image in my photobucket:
Maclook2.jpg

singer82

going bananas yay or nay? I have light brown eyes with some gold tones, and was wondering if you think it will bring the gold out more?

how blendable are the mattes? And suitable for paler tones?

I'm still trying to figure out if I need to skip this collection

martiangurll

Quote:
I'm jealous! I won't even be able to afford good tattoos until I graduate.... I don't want to get half-ass ones right now for a fraction of the cost.
nope.gif

I completely agree with that. And maybe I am just a wimp and afraid of pain, but I cannot decide on an image/picture that I know I will love the rest of my life...

Quote:
Are people really hating Shock-a-holic? This makes me nervous....
ssad.gif

Me too! I had to have it. Perfect matte purple. I don't care if I have to shatter that puppy and put it in a jar to get it to apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
amazed.gif
amazed.gif
blink.gif
th_sign_woot.gif

I know I'm running on and on about them, but I just noticed something else about Gimme That....

I was sitting on the sofa looking in a mirror turning my head and all the shimmer went from 100% purple to 100% pink as the light shifted.
wtff.gif

The description is "bright fuschia with pink pearl", but i guess they are seriously not kidding about the "holographic pearl", because this color is shifting around like an opalescent beetle's wing. SO COOL!
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Dang I skipped it because I already have to much lip junk, now I know I am gonna lemming that. I will content myself with my London Life for the moment

mac_atemywallet.gif
I had to get Atlantic Blue, Shock a Holic, Sassy Grass, and the light purple one (Crazy cool?) Now I am regretting not ordering the red one, but honestly I can use pigments for that look and I don't really wear red eyeshadow all that often..

I only skipped Going Bananas because I have Crest the Wave and I was trying to be good...
nope.gif