MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I went yesterday and ended up being restrained for once. I grabbed Going Bananas, since it's different enough from Bright Sunshine that I could justify it. It's almost a "cool" yellow, if that makes any sense and it's lovely to work with. I also got Sassy Grass, even though I have Kelly, since the pigmentation looks so much better.

I tried Shock-a-holic and after three attempts at swatching it on my hand, I gave up. It was just so dry and difficult to work with. Maybe it was just the one that they had in store, but I could see myself getting impatient.

Lipglass-wise, I only grabbed Bold & Brash, which is lovely. Ban This just looked too much like about three glasses I already have. I'd rather save my money for FF and VV.

I do love the way these glasses feel on the lips and I hope they revisit this formula again.

Flaminbird

I'm going to see if I can wait till tomorrow to go to MAC because I'm hoping Ulta gets the UD naked palette and Ulta is on my way to MAC. Doesnt look like things are selling out so I should be ok.....I think....at MAC that is.

bellaboomboom

Ok, so I am a sucker and went back and got Dare to Dare which is very pretty too! I even thought about mixing Dare to Dare and Bold and Brash together and see what I come up with - maybe I will since I'm going out tonight
th_crazy.gif

shontay07108

I went to a Mac in NYC and got Aqua eyeshadow. I thought about getting Gimme That, but I couldn't justify it with all the hot pink that I have and I was on the verge of getting Ban This! but I found that it looked similar to So Bad which did nothing for me but give me sparkly lips. What I mean is, it didn't seem any more opaque than So Bad. I am not comparing the colors. Wind Me Up is very pretty, but I think too light to really give me any drama on my pigmented lips.

Aqua seemed fine to me. It was smooth and the color went on well. Hopefully, I can use it tomorrow and really see what happens.

I also bought Going Bananas, to my surprise. It was a really pretty yellow and I don't have anything like it. Goldenrod is so dull and Goldmine is definitely gold and not yellow, so I wanted it. I think I will get a backup of Bold & Brash b/c I kept looking at myself in the side mirror while I was in the car (don't worry, I don't drive!). The way the sun hit it was amazing! Yeah, I love that one.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I went to a Mac in NYC and got Aqua eyeshadow. I thought about getting Gimme That, but I couldn't justify it with all the hot pink that I have and I was on the verge of getting Ban This! but I found that it looked similar to So Bad which did nothing for me but give me sparkly lips. What I mean is, it didn't seem any more opaque than So Bad. I am not comparing the colors. Wind Me Up is very pretty, but I think too light to really give me any drama on my pigmented lips.

Aqua seemed fine to me. It was smooth and the color went on well. Hopefully, I can use it tomorrow and really see what happens.

I also bought Going Bananas, to my surprise. It was a really pretty yellow and I don't have anything like it. Goldenrod is so dull and Goldmine is definitely gold and not yellow, so I wanted it. I think I will get a backup of Bold & Brash b/c I kept looking at myself in the side mirror while I was in the car (don't worry, I don't dive!). The way the sun hit it was amazing! Yeah, I love that one.

Hehe! I did the same thing with that lippie! It's just a knock-out color!

Flaminbird

I just got back from MAC after deciding I better go today and I'm pretty mad and upset. First the good part......I got Sassy Grass, Shock-aholic, Ban This and So Bad. I swatched Crazy Cool and it was just lke Digit like you've said here. I swatched Aqua too and it was pretty pigmented but that's all I swatched for e/s due to the store being entirely too crowded. I did swatch both l/g I got and thought they both were very pretty
greengrin.gif

Now onto the bad part ......I went to the counter to get out my empties and the girl told me they are not taking depots anymore! Ugghhh. I knew about the new policies on what you could get free but never heard you couldnt take the depots back. I was really upset about it because I wasnt planning on spending that much money
ssad.gif
. Has anyone else heard of this? This was a FS btw.

Oh and one more thing. The girl told me there were only two of the Sassy Grass and Shoc-aholic left so I asked how their supply was on other items from DTW and she said they were low on everything

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmosh
my haul:
sassy grass eyeshadow
louder, please eyeshadow
shock-a-holic eyeshadow
so bad lipglass
i also picked up some more foundation and brush cleanser!

in my opinion zingy was too close to electric eel and crazy cool was too close to beautiful iris. i already own aqua, lime, and going bananas, and the other shadows are either pro or permanent. so yay!

Picture19-1.png

Picture21-2.png

Picture20-1.png

Picture22.png

Picture23-1.png

my camera kinda sucks, sorry. much brighter irl!

Picture10-3.png

Picture13-3.png

Picture12-4.png

FACE:
nc15 studio sculpt
nw15 and nw20 (mixed) select cover up
light msf natural
medium dark msf natural as contour
i can't remember what i used as blue, i swear i used happy couple mineralize eyeshadow (the bronze side, obviously!)

BROWS
coquette eyeshadow

EYES
aqua in tearduct
going bananas on inner lid
lime mid lid/above crease
sassy grass on outer lid
plumage on outer lid
blanc type as highlight
boot black liquid liner
opulash mascara

LIPS (kind of worn off in the pictures):
oak lip liner
so bad lipglass

My favorite MA at my store made an amazing face chart for fabulous felines and MAC will be putting it up on their website when the collection comes out! look for it. her name is amber! <3

You look hawt!

Now, please ease our fears and tell us that your Shock a Holic blends like a dream? Or at least say it isn't a hot mess???
girl_devil.gif

abbyquack

Yay my stuff arrived today!
yahoo.gif
Usually it takes a week to get here, I'm so impressed
lol.gif

Anyways I love the glosses, they're so cool! I particularly like the wand and the doe-foot applicator which applies the gloss so quickly and accurately! Ban This! is definitely more berry than Boys Go Crazy d/g but very pigmented. And So Bad is gorgeous too!

The e/s I got (Goin' Bananas, Sassy Grass and Zingy) are pretty but for some reason I didn't listen to the people who said Zingy was dupable by Clarity and Electric Eel- sure enough it looks just like Clarity! So sad
ssad.gif

But yea I think I am going to get like 2 more glosses b/c they are so pretty!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
Hehe! I did the same thing with that lippie! It's just a knock-out color!

Me three!

I'm going out tonight and I'm going to wear an electric blue dress with Bold & Brash over Temperature Rising, plenty of Marine Life and Slick Black GPS. I may use some Young Punk in there too if I feel wild and crazy!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Yay my stuff arrived today!
yahoo.gif
Usually it takes a week to get here, I'm so impressed
lol.gif

Anyways I love the glosses, they're so cool! I particularly like the wand and the doe-foot applicator which applies the gloss so quickly and accurately! Ban This! is definitely more berry than Boys Go Crazy d/g but very pigmented. And So Bad is gorgeous too!

The e/s I got (Goin' Bananas, Sassy Grass and Zingy) are pretty but for some reason I didn't listen to the people who said Zingy was dupable by Clarity and Electric Eel- sure enough it looks just like Clarity! So sad
ssad.gif

But yea I think I am going to get like 2 more glosses b/c they are so pretty!

So excited for you, Abby! Mine hasn't gotten hear yet, but I am pleased you like Ban This! I can't wait to get mine (I ordered 2!)
th_DANCE.gif

trulynicole

I went to mac today to try on the glosses. I like them! My friends tried on some too, different colors. I love So Bad. It turns more pink than coral on my lips. I might have to pick it up! Not sure. And they last really long.

katred

Specktra Bestie
One thing that I did notice today when I went to pick up a palette (which I forgot to do yesterday)- two of the lipglasses and two of the eye shadows were already sold out. I'm a bit surprised, but it does look like the collection is selling well.

kiss

I got my bf to pick up Ban This! for me as I was studying and I love it! I thought it would too similar to Boys go Crazy but it completely different color on me. I am so surprised how opaque this gloss is. After one application it was a dark wine berry color with pretty noticable sparkles. I love how long these glosses are, I don't know why. I really hope they release more in the future but with less stickyness!

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
So excited for you, Abby! Mine hasn't gotten hear yet, but I am pleased you like Ban This! I can't wait to get mine (I ordered 2!)
th_DANCE.gif

Yay I hope you get your package soon! I think you are really going to like the glosses- I just ordered 2 more!
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I got my bf to pick up Ban This! for me as I was studying and I love it! I thought it would too similar to Boys go Crazy but it completely different color on me. I am so surprised how opaque this gloss is. After one application it was a dark wine berry color with pretty noticable sparkles. I love how long these glosses are, I don't know why. I really hope they release more in the future but with less stickyness!

I also thought BGC was going to look like Ban This!, but they really are quite different. I am glad I got both too :nod:

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Yay I hope you get your package soon! I think you are really going to like the glosses- I just ordered 2 more!
lol.gif

I also thought BGC was going to look like Ban This!, but they really are quite different. I am glad I got both too :nod:

I got Ban This! and BGC, too. Can't resist those purples! I can't wait to see what they look like! Monday can't come soon enough....
cutey.gif

LMD84

i'm hoping that this collection will pop up on the uk site on tuesday or wednesday this week! i'm super excited for the collection!
smiles.gif

Colorqueen

Finally got to swatch Ban This - it was so dark when I first saw it, but this time I got to put it on my hand and it is really gorgeous. there is a blue reflects in it that brightens up the dark purple- I think it is a mix of very hot pink reflects, purple reflects/glitter, and blue reflects. with a purple base.

Very pretty- so not as dark as I first thought it was. Just wanted to pass that on ...

Still love Gimme That! and Bold & Brash best though, but Ban This is nice too. The others are too meh, imo

mac_aiken

This was a small haul for me. I ended up with Bold and Brash, Ban This and Gimme That glosses. Totally impractical for me I am sure (with exception of Bold and Brash..I am a red lip fiend) but I love them.

I really wanted to love the shadows but ended up skipping them.

Louder Please was not red. I was so bummed. It is so close to Passionate (which I have) so I skipped it.

Sassy Grass is so gorgeous. I couldn't pull this one off but imagine many of you here really could rock it. Audrey Nicole and Katie (coachkitten) I could totally see you two in this one.

Crazy Cool looks so much like the MUFE aqua cream I bought recently that I just couldn't justify the purchase.

Over all it was a gorgeous little collection with something for everyone I think.

Flaminbird

I wore Ban This! today when I went to Ulta and really like it
greengrin.gif
. It's very pigmented on me and I have kinda pale-ish lips. I would say it's close to the Electric l/g that came out with the Spring Forecast collection (I passed on that thinking Magnetique was close enough to it) but It's more purply on me and not so "bright" as Magnetique is. It is really sticky like others have said and seems to stay on my lips better then the regular glosses.

For my eyes I did Plum dressing and Carbon in the corner. I'm testing to see if PD was what caused the allergic reaction or Sketch did last week.

Oh yeah and one more thing EE and Zingy were pretty darn close like others have already said

coachkitten

I feel much better about skipping zingy now that so many of you say it is like electric eel & clarity. I have both and hardly ever use them.

I am really loving Sassy Grass.
love.gif
Such a gorgeous color!

Latest posts