MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

xbuttonsx

When I went in last week, I skipped on the lipglasses because they looked really thick. Are they sticky? I would love to grab a few but I don't know if I can handle them if they are really sticky.

Icecaramellatte

I picked up my order Friday night at UPS.

-Going Bananas e/s - This doesn't look very yellow on me. I'm disappointed. I will probably send it back -Is there a time limit for returning items on mac.com? I couldn't find any reference to the time limit on the site.

So Bad and Wind Me Up - I liked the smooth application on these. I liked the colors although I think So Bad was a bit sheer. I wasn't absolutely wowed by them though. I think after buying so many dazzle lipsticks recently, these glosses don't seem that unique. I think they should have spread these collections out a bit.

Wandalemur

I only got Dare to Dare which I thought was really pretty, but it burns when I have it on. I think I'm allergic to something in it. I have never had that problem with any other MAC lip product. I think I'm gonna have to return it.

shontay07108

I LOVE AQUA EYESHADOW!!!

Seriously, I wore it today and it's amazing. It has the perfect amount of pigment and it's not chalky. I added to layers to get the look I wanted, just on the inner eye. I didn't have to jam my brush into it either. It really is as Mac describes it: subdued, pale greyed aqua. I want to rock this one a lot. NC45 and up don't be afraid to try this.

Oh and I bought Ban This! I love it. I thought about Gimme That!, but I had some self-control. Still eyeing a backup of Bold and Brash, though.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I LOVE AQUA EYESHADOW!!!

Seriously, I wore it today and it's amazing. It has the perfect amount of pigment and it's not chalky. I added to layers to get the look I wanted, just on the inner eye. I didn't have to jam my brush into it either. It really is as Mac describes it: subdued, pale greyed aqua. I want to rock this one a lot. NC45 and up don't be afraid to try this.

Oh and I bought Ban This! I love it. I thought about Gimme That!, but I had some self-control. Still eyeing a backup of Bold and Brash, though.

i really want aqua too! cant wait til this is out here

DILLIGAF

I went to the the Aventura Mall yesterday for lunch with a friend and somehow end up in the f/s store there. I ended up with Aqua (B2M) and for some reason I swatched Shock-o-holic again. This time at this store the pigmentation was way better. I'm going to say again if you have MUFE #92 feel free to skip this.

elektra513

My package arrives tomorrow! I'm so excited.
choochoo.gif

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
You look so pretty!
heart.gif
Night Violet has been on my wishlist forever! Now I want it more....

Aww shucks...
love.gif
If you can't find it, Media is quite similar, maybe a hair more red and not quite as matte.

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbuttonsx
When I went in last week, I skipped on the lipglasses because they looked really thick. Are they sticky? I would love to grab a few but I don't know if I can handle them if they are really sticky.

Well I'd say they are sticky but to me not in a bad way because they don't "slip" off the lip like regular glosses therefore at least one me they last/stay longer. The Ban This looks like Violetta on me and it did stay on really well even through eating/drinking. Now it's not like the long lasting type stuff but I think you get what I mean
greengrin.gif
. I hope they make more of these in other colors and are perm
greengrin.gif

elektra513

Regarding potential DtW lipglass stickness: If I can wear Nars Lip Lacquer, I can wear anything! Cuz that stuff is stickyyyy
th_LMAO.gif

singer82

So I ended up getting...
Going bananas e/s. I don't have many of these colors and the swatches look amazing
Sassy grass e/s. Thanks to all the great reviews here I decided to get this
smiles.gif

Sky blue e/s. I've been on a blue kick lately
So bad l/g. I went out on a limb on this one. I was going to get dare to dare cause I'm usually a pink and purple gloss kind of girl. I just figured I'd take a chance. Hope it looks Ok on me

I should be getting them sometime next week.
choochoo.gif
I was going to skip this collection but Thanks to you beautiful ladies i gave in
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Aww shucks...
love.gif
If you can't find it, Media is quite similar, maybe a hair more red and not quite as matte.

heart.gif
Media is also on my gigantic perm list
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
these came out on thursday. we sold out of ban this and gimme that friday night.

Glad I ordered online then
thmbup.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
heart.gif
Media is also on my gigantic perm list
lol.gif

Glad I ordered online then
thmbup.gif

th_roll1.gif

My perm list is getting bigger, too!
lol.gif
I just have to buy them soon. I like the perm stuff because it's always there. No need to buy backups.
cutey.gif

Haven't bought anything from this collection yet. I think I have to make up my mind soon!
tong.gif

LMD84

this is the week for the collection to hit the uk! whoop whoop!
smiles.gif
come to me super bright shadows and insanely pretty glosses!

i am loving that everybody is enjoying their hauls and i always appriciate everybodies mini reviews on the products
smiles.gif
helps me out so much because i can never see things in person!

*JJ*

i only got crazy cool and dare to dare. these colors are way to bright for a smokey eye girl like me..
they are gorgeous though! especially the lipglasses!

Latest posts