MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
heart.gif
Media is also on my gigantic perm list
lol.gif

This one was on my perm list for- I kid you not- about 7 years. Then I got it on a whim and I've no idea how I lived without it. It's the essence of everything I adore in a lip colour. Yes, it'll always be there, but I highly recommend picking it up if you're at all into the dark/ vampy lip thing.

Related to this launch, I wore Bold & Brash out last night and let me tell you, it took all my strength not to go out and buy all the damn lipglasses from this collection today. I was so impressed with how the colour looks and lasts! I wore it with a lip liner (Cherry) and I basically only had to db on a little extra after eating or drinking. And I do mean a little extra- it wasn't like it had disappeared. This is over the course of almost twelve hours!

The other colours in the launch don't excite me as much, since I have some near dupes but MAC, please, I beg you, bring back this formula again!!!

Face2Mac

Although Shock-a-lic has poor payoff in the pan, it can be crushed and made into a pigment. I made Violet Trance into a pigment and put in a small jar because the texture was hard for me to work with, I loved the color too much to let it discourage me, although Shock is not unique or worthy enough to be going through all the above trouble.

In theory, Mac should just get better at mattes or make them Matte2 or Velvet's (like Sketch, which is matte to me) or stop trying.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
This one was on my perm list for- I kid you not- about 7 years. Then I got it on a whim and I've no idea how I lived without it. It's the essence of everything I adore in a lip colour. Yes, it'll always be there, but I highly recommend picking it up if you're at all into the dark/ vampy lip thing.

Maybe when I B2M my depots online I'll get Media. I adore the dark vampy lip thing.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Although Shock-a-lic has poor payoff in the pan, it can be crushed and made into a pigment. I made Violet Trance into a pigment and put in a small jar because the texture was hard for me to work with, I loved the color too much to let it discourage me.

In theory, Mac should just get better at mattes or make them Matte2 or Velvet's (like Sketch, which is matte to me) or stop trying.

I finally got my box and I, too, am disappointed by Shock-a-holic. I'm going to see how it works over a base tomorrow, but on first swatch, I am sad.
cry.gif

Sassy Grass, on the other hand, is my new gave green! This thing is amazing. Super great color payoff and it is extremely unique to my collection.

Ban This! is gorgeous! I may even like this better than my BGC. I love the texture and how it is glittery without leaving glitter on your face like dazzleglasses. So glad I got a b/u. I know some people were saying it smelled like chemicals, but mine smell more like vanilla than any of my other MAC lip products.

Overall, I'm pleased with my stuff. I just wish Shock-a-holic were better. But, I'll find some way to work with it I'm sure.
mac_addict.gif

shontay07108

I have all the shadows except Shock and Crazy Cool. Crazy Cool is much cooler in tone than Beautiful Iris. I would get it, but on my skin it would probably be so cool, it'd look silver. I think it is different enough to buy, though.

TeresitaMC

For everyone describing how Shock-a-holic works (or doesn't work), etc, thank you so much! It has helped me cope with skipping
tong.gif
It's unfortunate but hopefully you all can make it work at it's best and easily.

I was drawn to 3 of the shadows in this collection but this one the most. Since I cannot get it I am content with knowing that I can wait for something better.

Hope you all enjoy your goodies!!!!
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Whew. I just love how we all get so much wrong information because MAC can't seem to get everyone on the same page. If they stopped taking back depotted shadows, I'd never have anything to b2m!

I know! It's crazy how it's all over the board with stuff. What got me was the girl told me in the store it was a brand new policy which threw me for a loop. I was pretty sure she was wrong but the store was so busy I couldnt ask anyone else
ssad.gif
. I was so upset because I, like you have mainly only depotted e/s for my B2M.

Quote:
My counter wouldn't take my depots either. DO you think I can just send them in online? Thanks, Michelle for the info!

I still haven't gotten my black box today.
weeping.gif

You're welcome for the info. I hope it helps! Yeah I would sent them in "online" with that order form and if you want maybe print out that live chat thing from me and Jara just in case. I thought I might try the counter in Macy's close to me and see if they'll take them and if not then I'll send them in.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
You're welcome for the info. I hope it helps! Yeah I would sent them in "online" with that order form and if you want maybe print out that live chat thing from me and Jara just in case. I thought I might try the counter in Macy's close to me and see if they'll take them and if not then I'll send them in.

I've already tried all the counters around me and nothing.
nope.gif
I have two perfectly good sets, too! I will just send them in online I guess. And I will save your live chat, just in case!
yes.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Got Sassy Ass--I mean Grass! True 80s dinosaur green!

Is shock-a-holic in anyway like sugarpill cosmetics "poison plum" or MUFE 92?

I have both, so I totes skipped shock...

Also I must bitch about not taking my depots! Just cause lady gaga picked some of the colours in this collection--don't make it ultra exclusive!
angry.gif

Edit: Tried Macys and my local MAC store today btw...nothing out of them

eidetica

I've been living in "Gimme That!" Since Weds. night and the staying power is amazing! And the reaction is great, it's so very Suffering Through August! Sweat resistent.I have to go back for the Red one.

The eye shadows are wonderful but I'm on an actual enforced make up budget now; Went shopping in my dressing table for screaming brights and found that Hello Kitty colors fit the mood, those pallets I never wore much? The Romping, the Too Dolly, along with Freshwater and Full Force Violet piggie. Think I'm all set for the idea.

Just a thought. I think I have over 200 MAC ES colors and there's no reason (read: excuse!) to buy more... Just now.

xsuzyqx

Word of warning to those depotting Sassy Grass. I tried to depot three of them (using the heat method), and all three cracked. The first one crumbled, and the second one fell cleanly into two pieces out of the pan. The third cracked, but I managed to get it into the palette before too much damage was done.

I've been depotting for years, and have done more than a couple hundred e/s without issue until these Sassy Grass shadows.
amazed.gif
Hopefully you all have much better luck than me, but be careful! Maybe try the method with wire cutters and rubbing alcohol, and go slowly with it. I was fresh out, unfortunately. T_T

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsuzyqx
Word of warning to those depotting Sassy Grass. I tried to depot three of them (using the heat method), and all three cracked. The first one crumbled, and the second one fell cleanly into two pieces out of the pan. The third cracked, but I managed to get it into the palette before too much damage was done.

I've been depotting for years, and have done more than a couple hundred e/s without issue until these Sassy Grass shadows.
amazed.gif
Hopefully you all have much better luck than me, but be careful! Maybe try the method with wire cutters and rubbing alcohol, and go slowly with it. I was fresh out, unfortunately. T_T

Yep, I did the no heat method. Came out in one piece.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
The eye shadows are wonderful but I'm on an actual enforced make up budget now; Went shopping in my dressing table for screaming brights and found that Hello Kitty colors fit the mood, those pallets I never wore much? The Romping, the Too Dolly, along with Freshwater and Full Force Violet piggie. Think I'm all set for the idea.

Yes, I'm being more and more cautious now. They're cutting so many hours at work now. D:
My paycheck is code blue these days.

I even wanted togetherness from in the groove and after further review my palettes could actually replicate its colors.
winkiss.gif
Facing facts hurts! lol

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Got Sassy Ass--I mean Grass! True 80s dinosaur green!

Is shock-a-holic in anyway like sugarpill cosmetics "poison plum" or MUFE 92?

I have both, so I totes skipped shock...

Also I must bitch about not taking my depots! Just cause lady gaga picked some of the colours in this collection--don't make it ultra exclusive!
angry.gif

Edit: Tried Macys and my local MAC store today btw...nothing out of them

hell yeah! what an awesome description!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsuzyqx

amazed.gif

oh dear... looks like i might have to try using a no heat method for once! i don't want my shadows to crack!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
oh dear... looks like i might have to try using a no heat method for once! i don't want my shadows to crack!

I don't think I've ever used the heat method in the small amount of de-potting I have done.
blush-anim-cl.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I don't think I've ever used the heat method in the small amount of de-potting I have done.
blush-anim-cl.gif

i just find the heat method super quick and easy... although my hubby finds it really funny because to cover my ghd's i usually grab a pair of knickers to put over the iron part!
tong.gif
i never have tissue in my dressing room so knickers do the job fine!
tong.gif
lol!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i just find the heat method super quick and easy... although my hubby finds it really funny because to cover my ghd's i usually grab a pair of knickers to put over the iron part!
tong.gif
i never have tissue in my dressing room so knickers do the job fine!
tong.gif
lol!

th_roll1.gif

I guess I'm just kind of destructive (
th_crazy.gif
) so I find it quicker to just go at the thing with pliers and wire cutters. I am proud to say I have never ruined a shadow in any way while chopping it with the cutters! Not even a chip.
nope.gif

spunky

i tried the no-heat one and i managed to completely mangle one of my shadows. i managed to piece it together, spray it with alcohol and press it back into place, but it's got scars from it's surgery.

the heat one is so much easier for me, even if my dad thinks i'm running a meth lab when he sees me depot
th_LMAO.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
th_roll1.gif

I guess I'm just kind of destructive (
th_crazy.gif
) so I find it quicker to just go at the thing with pliers and wire cutters. I am proud to say I have never ruined a shadow in any way while chopping it with the cutters! Not even a chip.
nope.gif

*high five*
Team no heat! It's quick and easy too!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i tried the no-heat one and i managed to completely mangle one of my shadows. i managed to piece it together, spray it with alcohol and press it back into place, but it's got scars from it's surgery.

the heat one is so much easier for me, even if my dad thinks i'm running a meth lab when he sees me depot
th_LMAO.gif

th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
*high five*
Team no heat! It's quick and easy too!

th_hug.gif
Exactly!
iagree.gif

Latest posts