MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Soul Unique

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

*ahem*

UK Lovelies.......

I spy with my pretty eye....
drools.gif

Dare To Wear
Join the brigade of loud-and-proud who daily dare to declare their own individuality. High-powered pigment and holographic pearl create a crazy-intense, shine-saturated gloss, combined with eye shadow shades as over-the-top as Lady G live! Not afraid to DARE TO WEAR? Bravo!

***Honourable mentions

Digi-Dazzle
We took out the razzle, kept the dazzle, and added a hint of glee! Thirteen colours to astonish, awe and electrify the lippiest critic. A limited-edition collection that makes boredom and predictability a thing of the past. What modern lips do best: Digi-Dazzle. Do you compute?

Digi-Pops: iPalette
Make your own perfect quad from 28 Pro Palette Eye Shadows, for a custom look that flatters only you...Multiply mystery, elevate your originality.

Digi-Pops: Brush Browser
A modern modem for hi-tech transformation. Each Brush Roll includes an assortment of Face SE brushes or Eye SE Brushes, with space for more.

Alice + Olivia
A frump-fighting, pro-pixie, anti-seriousness collection of colour is in the house! Including new takes on Dazzleglass Creme, So Rich So Pretty Nail Lacquer and Partylicious Pigments...Hip + happy = alice + olivia for M∙A∙C.

on the UK site, mind you its just the links - you click on them but no items under the collection banner on the left side of the page as yet...

But our purses will be screaming within the next 24/48hrs - whoop whoop!
th_DANCE.gif

***End of public Announcement!***
mac_addict.gif

spunky

yup, the DTW glasses are up as is the a+o collection... they're taking their time putting everything else up!
th_crazy.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yup, the DTW glasses are up as is the a+o collection... they're taking their time putting everything else up!
th_crazy.gif

Yeah I notice the dazzle lippies aren't up yet and neither are the eyeshadows! But i'm filling up that shopping bag!
th_LMAO.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Yeah I notice the dazzle lippies aren't up yet and neither are the eyeshadows! But i'm filling up that shopping bag!
th_LMAO.gif

everything's up now, not sure if the what's new bit is working, but i've checked out my 6 DTW shadows and 3 dazzle lipsticks
th_DANCE.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
everything's up now, not sure if the what's new bit is working, but i've checked out my 6 DTW shadows and 3 dazzle lipsticks
th_DANCE.gif

Yes, i've seen the Shadows and Lipsticks are now up indeed!

My goodness - how eager are we? lol

LMD84

so i have just ordered the following-

going bananas
sassy grass
crazy cool
bold and brash
ban this!

so now i shall have to wait for the delivery man
smiles.gif
exciting stuff!
smiles.gif

sss215

This line makes me appreciate mattes so much more now. i hauled corduroy also. It makes really good crease color with these on my skin, NW45/47/50

I also got a new brush as someone suggested. it looks just like the MAC 242, but its a cheapy version that i found at bed bath and beyond. i found that using the stiffer brush really works wonders when applying these mattes. i still haven't used my 239 on these colors yet. I also want to try these colors over something shimmery to see how they look. there is alot of playing going on with my dare to ware shadows.

nunu

Am i the only one who can't order anything? When i click on a collection the products don't show up. Maybe it's for the best since i am planning on skipping all 3 collections..

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Am i the only one who can't order anything? When i click on a collection the products don't show up. Maybe it's for the best since i am planning on skipping all 3 collections..

Type in a product name and navigate from there.

HTH

Edit*** I see what you mean, they have taken the idents off the site.... :/ not to worry - they'll be back soon.

I haven't checked out yet, but my items are still in basket:

Going Bananas
Zingy
Louder Please
Sassy Grass
Ban This!
Gimme That
Brash & Bold

and Alice + Olivia goodies too!

AndSparkle

I eventually ordered:

Sassy Grass e/s
Louder, Please e/s
Going Bananas e/s
Gimme That! l/g
If it's Pink.. dazzleglass
Partylicious pigment
drools.gif

Pretty restrained considering I was gonna buy everything a week ago.. although I'm kicking myself for not getting Ban This! but I just think it'd be a bit scary on NW15 skin :S

Kirsty

Arg now I want Going Bananas & Sassy Grass just because you all got them. What is wrong with me?
ssad.gif

nunu

I searched for the products and added 3 lipglassed to my bag, then i removed them lol. I think i'll wait and check them out in person this weekend.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I searched for the products and added 3 lipglassed to my bag, then i removed them lol. I think i'll wait and check them out in person this weekend.

yeah, that's probably the best idea. i skipped all the glosses, so i might see what they're like in person too
smiles.gif

LMD84

i hope that i can wear bold and brash to work... it doesn't appear to be a completely in your face red from swatches.... but who knows in real life!
tong.gif

Cerydwen

I ordered Gimme that and Bold & Brash this morning
smiles.gif
Planning to go to MAC on Thursday and check out the rest of the collection in person, but I HAD to have these two
drools.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i hope that i can wear bold and brash to work... it doesn't appear to be a completely in your face red from swatches.... but who knows in real life!
tong.gif

Well, it is really vibrant......
winks.gif
Not a lipglass for shy ones.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
tong.gif

I am wearing it to work today
kisses.gif
- I just put on a light coat and it looks very pretty. My Mom wants to try it and she lives in Florida so I'll be sending her Bold & Brash, Dare to Dare, and Sassy Grass today in the mail. Boo-hoo, I'll miss them while they are gone!!!!

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsuzyqx
Word of warning to those depotting Sassy Grass. I tried to depot three of them (using the heat method), and all three cracked. The first one crumbled, and the second one fell cleanly into two pieces out of the pan. The third cracked, but I managed to get it into the palette before too much damage was done.

I've been depotting for years, and have done more than a couple hundred e/s without issue until these Sassy Grass shadows.
amazed.gif
Hopefully you all have much better luck than me, but be careful! Maybe try the method with wire cutters and rubbing alcohol, and go slowly with it. I was fresh out, unfortunately. T_T

Sorry you had so much trouble depotting Sassy grass I depotted it the same day I got it using the heat method(aka my stove and a frying pan) with NO problems. It depotted the same for me as all the others

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Well, it is really vibrant......
winks.gif
Not a lipglass for shy ones.

ooohhh ok! well it'll look fabulous when out drinking with the girls i am sure!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
I am wearing it to work today
kisses.gif
- I just put on a light coat and it looks very pretty. My Mom wants to try it and she lives in Florida so I'll be sending her Bold & Brash, Dare to Dare, and Sassy Grass today in the mail. Boo-hoo, I'll miss them while they are gone!!!!

ah i shall try to sheer it out for every day wear then!

how are people finding the glosses as far as usage goes? because with the dazzleglasses you only use a little and loads seems to have gone from the tube! how do these compare?

Latest posts