MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

toxicglitter

i wonder what the finishes are for the purple eyeshadows...hmmm....hopefully VPs. =D
i think i might want all of the eyeshadows that aren't perm/pro.

i dont know why im already worrying already about 'going bananas' selling out before i get a chance. if i had to pick one thing to get from this collection it would be that.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Sounds like C Shock part 2!
drools.gif
yahoo.gif

iagree.gif

I am so excited for this collection! I am such an eye shadow junkie and love collections that are mostly single eye shadows.

Going bananas is really one of the best yellow eye shadows I own from any brand. It goes with so many things, is easy to blend, and pigmented. I am so happy that it is coming back for everyone who didn't get a chance to have it before.

I also can't wait to hear more about the new lipglasses.

peachsuns

Is it true that we'll have four collections in July? I better rest my wallet now.
tong.gif
Cannot wait to see more swatches.
th_DANCE.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten

I am so excited for this collection! I am such an eye shadow junkie and love collections that are mostly single eye shadows.

werd.gif
I agree.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
iagree.gif

Going bananas is really one of the best yellow eye shadows I own from any brand. It goes with so many things, is easy to blend, and pigmented. I am so happy that it is coming back for everyone who didn't get a chance to have it before.

I also can't wait to hear more about the new lipglasses.

Another junkie here!
And I am also very happy that Going Bananas is coming back, as I am one of those who didn't manage to get it the last time.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am excited
th_DANCE.gif
One of the best collections in 2010!

iagree.gif
it's ceretaintly my favourite so far!

PinkBasset

What a lovely collection!!
yahoo.gif
I love that we got a good brights collection, fun fun fun!

Luckily for my wallet I already have five of those colours. I hope the purple is blue-based! I'm excited for these!
choochoo.gif

Why is so many people disliking mattes? I love them. I think there needs to be atleast one matte in a look, all shimmery looks are a big no no for me. These mattes (like especially Aqua, Lime, Winkle...) are very good in pigmentation and are easy to work with.

spunky

i'm starting to come around to mattes, i used to hate them but i like having different textures in a look now
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Is it true that we'll have four collections in July? I better rest my wallet now.
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Ugghhh....I think so!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
I want Lime e/s, but it is PRO, right, so I don't need to rush out to get it right away?

Yes, Lime is permanent at PRO stores, so as long as you can make it to one, there's no need to rush and there's no need to buy back-ups. More money for the other colours!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I think what bugs me about this is not that there are four collections in July (plus Fabulous Felines seems to be scheduled for early August), but that there's really nothing in June (they're making pigments available at counters, but that's it). Wouldn't it have made more sense to spread things out a little more? What's even weirder is that ITG, A+O and DP are all scheduled to launch on the same day, as far as I can tell.
thud.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
What a lovely collection!!
yahoo.gif
I love that we got a good brights collection, fun fun fun!

I just looked at the product photos in the swatch thread.
Is it accurate to say that this collection consists entirely of bright eye shadows?
If so, I'll be opting out entirely, since I don't like bright colors on my eyes.
Oh, well; once Digi Pops gets through with me, I won't have any money left, anyhow ...
sigh.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I just looked at the product photos in the swatch thread.
Is it accurate to say that this collection consists entirely of bright eye shadows?
If so, I'll be opting out entirely, since I don't like bright colors on my eyes.
Oh, well; once Digi Pops gets through with me, I won't have any money left, anyhow ...
sigh.gif

There are bright lipglasses as well, Erin said its a new formula.
More tempting?
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Why is so many people disliking mattes? I love them. I think there needs to be atleast one matte in a look, all shimmery looks are a big no no for me. These mattes (like especially Aqua, Lime, Winkle...) are very good in pigmentation and are easy to work with.

I agree with use of mattes in a look. However, not all MAC's mattes are great; Aqua especially is not very pigmented. It takes a lot of effort to get the colour to show like it does on the pan. Unless I got a bad batch or something
th_dunno.gif

Lime and Winkle are great though, love them!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I agree with use of mattes in a look. However, not all MAC's mattes are great; Aqua especially is not very pigmented. It takes a lot of effort to get the colour to show like it does on the pan. Unless I got a bad batch or something
th_dunno.gif

Lime and Winkle are great though, love them!

I think Aqua is one of the best mattes I've used, I get the true colour with one wipe.
th_dunno.gif
Only Deep Damson seems always kinda chalky when I swatch it at the pro store.

2browneyes

Yes...more tempting. I was trying to get away with only purchasing Going Bananas. Hold on, my wallet's tryna make a run for it. *catches it* But if the new formulas are gonna be good, I'm in trouble!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
I want Lime e/s, but it is PRO, right, so I don't need to rush out to get it right away?

Yes, Lime is perm at pro stores.

sailordom

Quote:

I love matte eyeshadows! But I generally don't like MAC mattes. I find MAC's mattes to often be difficult to blend and have bad color payoff.
th_dunno.gif

I get much better results from mattes from other brands.