MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I love matte eyeshadows! But I generally don't like MAC mattes. I find MAC's mattes to often be difficult to blend and have bad color payoff.
th_dunno.gif

I get much better results from mattes from other brands.

Second that!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
There are bright lipglasses as well, Erin said its a new formula.
More tempting?
winks.gif

That is *definitely* more tempting!
What do we know about the new formula, and are there photos yet?
th_drool.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I love matte eyeshadows! But I generally don't like MAC mattes. I find MAC's mattes to often be difficult to blend and have bad color payoff.
th_dunno.gif

iagree.gif
i don't tend to use mattes this much because if find them hard work!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
That is *definitely* more tempting!
What do we know about the new formula, and are there photos yet?
th_drool.gif

Colours are here (still promo).
No news yet about the new formula. I personally hope it is horrible, so I can skip that, but when they are half opaque, I have a huge problem coming my way
mac_haul.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Colours are here (still promo).
No news yet about the new formula. I personally hope it is horrible, so I can skip that, but when they are half opaque, I have a huge problem coming my way
mac_haul.gif

lol! oh dear! i kinda get what you mean. it would make my wallet breathe easy at least... but equally i'd love to see a new type of gloss that is stunnigly beautiful!

January

I just looked at the product pictures... soooo excited for Crazy Cool & Shock A Holic! Lovelovelove purples... can't wait for swatches. Are they matte? Unless I'm missing something it didn't list what they are.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by January
I just looked at the product pictures... soooo excited for Crazy Cool & Shock A Holic! Lovelovelove purples... can't wait for swatches. Are they matte? Unless I'm missing something it didn't list what they are.

The product list in the first post of the collection thread lists some of the finishes, but not on those two.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes teals look stunning with yellow shadows!
smiles.gif
some of my fave looks are with golden lemon pigment and teal pigment!

Yeah, I often wear teals with golds/yellows. Love the teal pigment but can't stand golden lemon, it hurts my eyes. I also love wearing it with golden olive pigment or golders green.

Right, I am loving my sweet and punchy with steamy. hehe

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Yeah, I often wear teals with golds/yellows. Love the teal pigment but can't stand golden lemon, it hurts my eyes. I also love wearing it with golden olive pigment or golders green.

Right, I am loving my sweet and punchy with steamy. hehe

oh no! that is a shame. i find that golden lemon is quite chunky and messy to work with, but luckily it doesn't hurt my eyes.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
lol! oh dear! i kinda get what you mean. it would make my wallet breathe easy at least... but equally i'd love to see a new type of gloss that is stunnigly beautiful!

You are so right, the colours look great and if they show up on my pigmented lips, who cares about a no-buy. Well, maybe. Has it really come to this!?
winkiss.gif

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
The product list in the first post of the collection thread lists some of the finishes, but not on those two.

I know - that's why I asked, in case someone figured it out since then
smiles.gif
it's hard to tell from the promo pictures - but they don't look like mattes. They look kind of frosty - like Going Bananas does (bc it is a Frost).

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I think Aqua is one of the best mattes I've used, I get the true colour with one wipe.
th_dunno.gif
Only Deep Damson seems always kinda chalky when I swatch it at the pro store.

hmmm, maybe I got a bad batch then. Mine is def not as gorgeous on lids that it is in the pan.

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

I agree with this too. I prefer MUFE mattes to MAC 100 times. I do like matte2 and some of the Pro mattes though.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
hmmm, maybe I got a bad batch then. Mine is def not as gorgeous on lids that it is in the pan.

I agree with this too. I prefer MUFE mattes to MAC 100 times. I do like matte2 and some of the Pro mattes though.

I hope if you swatch Aqua again it'll be better for you, it is really nice colour!
yes.gif
I understand that many prefer other brands mattes, I do agree that for example some matte shadows from Illamasqua and Bobbi Brown are better than Mac ones. In my experience Mac Pro mattes are better than the regular mattes and also Matte2 are very nice just like you said!
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

I'm hoping now that I have the email of my fave ma that she'll let me sneak peek at stuff when it comes in!

Gonzajuju

This collection is shocking all right. I thought the pics from the promos were faked from the bright colors. I cant wait to get just about every single color! So pretty! Are the glosses a different formula?

kayeeh

are you kidding me!? the promo pics look awesome! Gosh, i'll be so broke this summer! This and digi is on my GET IT NOW list, for sure.

starflash is most definitely the best formula! Goodness - just make starflash permanent so that we all don't hang on for a new one in agony!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayeeh
are you kidding me!? the promo pics look awesome! Gosh, i'll be so broke this summer! This and digi is on my GET IT NOW list, for sure.

starflash is most definitely the best formula! Goodness - just make starflash permanent so that we all don't hang on for a new one in agony!

Sorry to disappoint, but these aren't Starflash eyeshadows... looks like a mixture of textures, but as far as we know, not Starflash.

GlamQueen21

I don't use my matte eyeshadows often or reach for them and I do love some of my matte eyeshadows like Shadowy Lady, Passionate and Carbon as well as matte2 eyeshadow Graphology.

Latest posts