MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i love mattes, i'm just not really a bright eyeshadow person. but i can hardly ever pass up a purple eyeshadow, so i might not skip this collection after all..

i know the purplles look lovely! esp crazy cool!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm with you. I love Mattes. I love the look that it gives. I don't always need shimmer or glitter in my looks, especially since that's what I go for in my lip colors.

Same here!
While I still love my shimmer (I'm so over my glitter phase!), I've lately been experimenting with mixing matte and shimmery eyeshadows.
Something I've been doing lately is using a medium-toned matte shadow on the lid, and a deeper matte shadow in the creases and on outer corners, then highlighting the inner corners and browbones with a pale shimmery shadow.
I like the effect; it seems like a softer look than is achieved when all of the shadows used are shimmery, but you still get that flattering touch of light.
On the lips, though, I never go completely matte. Even though I'm blessed to have smooth, plump lips, matte lipstick is just not a look I like on me.
I always top whatever lipstick I wear with a drop or two of Dazzleglass.

Visi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
starflash sahdows have one of the best textures imo. highlighy pigmented and very smoooth to apply and blend like a dream!

but that said i am very excited for this collection even though there are no starflash shadows because i love brights!

I agree! I think there's even one or two left in the goodbyes section on maccosmetics.com, at least there was last time I looked
smiles.gif

monter

thinking about seeing if the 'overnight' code still works... so i can get winkle in a pro pan now instead of waiting. :/ (and also lucky green, since i've wanted that for a while anyway... and shimmermoss, because i can't help myself!)

TeresitaMC

lol.gif

AND this, AND that, AND this brush, AND brush cleanser, AND this....don't you hate / love when that happens
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
lol.gif

AND this, AND that, AND this brush, AND brush cleanser, AND this....don't you hate / love when that happens
greengrin.gif

hee hee! yes that happens to me on occasion!

laylalovesmac

I am usually really into bright colors, but for some reason this collection is missing the mark for me.

List:
Ban This! L/G
Shock-a-holic E/S (I imagine this over a black base)

MAC + purple =
th_e2cloud9.gif

cno64

Quote:
lol.gif

greengrin.gif

lol.gif

My mascara, my lash primer, and my brow gel all needed replacing, so when I got the MACMONDAY code, I decided, "No time like the present!"
Well, this morning, UPS delivered this huge MAC box, emblazoned with the words "HAZARDOUS MATERIALS."
All the box contained, besides a lot of black tissue paper and the receipt, was one Prep + Prime Lash, one Zoomlash, one clear Brow Set, and one pressed powder eyeshadow in Shale.
I got a good laugh out of it, anyhow ...

laylalovesmac

Can't wait for the swatches of this collection! The purples will be mine.

I keep looking at the pictures in the thread and I keep getting drawn in by the red lipglass.... I know I will never wear it, but if the swatches are as pretty as I think they will be, it will jump onto my list, too.

Crazy cool might become mine as well. Imagining any color over a black base usually makes it a must-buy for me.

I think that's it. Let's hope so.

Must:

Crazy Cool e/s
Shock A Holic e/s
Ban This l/g

Maybe:
Bold & Brash l/g
Dare to Dare l/g

AHH this is getting really scary!!!!!

When do you think we will see swatches?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
When do you think we will see swatches?

i go to update on june 29th. swatches will have to wait until the 30th as i will be going straight from update to the theatre for Eclipse!!!

sorry folks. as much as i love ya'll, hot vampires trump specktra anyday!
cutey.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i go to update on june 29th. swatches will have to wait until the 30th as i will be going straight from update to the theatre for Eclipse!!!

cutey.gif

OMG YAY!!! That's still so long but I am excited!!!! You are the best
yes.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:

cutey.gif

Yayyyy! Thank you so much for giving us a date!
love.gif
Sounds much better than "July" even though it's at the very end of June, haha
lol.gif
I can't wait!
smiles.gif

P.S. I was just wondering where you've been
smiles.gif
Hope everything is well with you!
winkiss.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Yayyyy! Thank you so much for giving us a date!
love.gif
Sounds much better than "July" even though it's at the very end of June, haha
lol.gif
I can't wait!
smiles.gif

P.S. I was just wondering where you've been
smiles.gif
Hope everything is well with you!
winkiss.gif

i've been around. i moved back home so things have been hectic with that. i have to have surgery on the 24th so i'm freaking about that. and works sucks, so...

but i've been lurking around and popping in and out. but i'm still here!
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:

cutey.gif

I don't blame you at all! I'm hosting a Twi-tini party the weekend before to screen the first two flicks! Of course drinks will be involved.
winks.gif

Quote:
i've been around. i moved back home so things have been hectic with that. i have to have surgery on the 24th so i'm freaking about that. and works sucks, so...

yes.gif

Missed you!
heart.gif
Good luck with the surgery.
th_hug.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:

yes.gif

Aww I'm so sorry to hear all that!
th_cheerup.gif
I hope everything goes ok! Good luck
love.gif
th_hug.gif
Good to know we were still on your mind and in your heart
winks.gif
hehe
winkiss.gif