MAC & DHL are in trouble.

DollyGirl92

BIG TIME! My Parcel was listed as out for delivery on Thursday the 6th of May and today, it's half past 11 in the morning on the 10th and still no Package! I ordered on the 4th of May and there is still no box. According to my DHL tracking my package has been passed around to 'local couriers' like the parcel during pass the parcel games at a children party apparently being given to 5 different local couriers and then listed as out for delivery.
I rang DHL to ask what was going on and they gave me the number of the driver when I rang them up a young girl answered the phone and said her mother was out and the package would be out delivered tomorrow.
The next day it reached 6pm and I rang up DHL and one woman told me that the package had failed to have been delivered on the 6th but I was in all day and no one attempted to deliver anything or left a failed delivery notice which apparently is what they will always do! and that my package could not be delivered until Monday.
I rang up again to complain and they told me they had to have it in writing and as I explained what had happened the woman checked on the computer and told me there had been no attempted delivery and gave me the phone number of the driver again so I rang up and the same girl answered the phone saying my package would be delivered tomorrow but DHL then told me that the courier will not deliver on the weekends and I couldn't get my package until Monday.

Is this normal? it's now 11.40am and still nothing now I'm fully prepared to wait until later in the day but is this a normal thing? normally it takes two days from ordering to arriving and I've never had this local courier thing before, don't we pay for delivery with DHL not with some local courier who won't even answer the phone?

Sorry for the long long rant but I'm so annoyed! this has never happened before and when I was speaking to DHL all they can say is it's with a local courier give me the number and all I get told is tomorrow?
anyway rant over but I'm sure I will be sending a complaint in
angry.gif

ChloeCariad

I am having the EXACT same problem! I ordered twice on the 5th - one at 6am and another in the evening. Parcel number 2 arrived on the 7th with no problems - except - the driver dumped it by the back door. In the rain. No signature. My brother caught him as he stuffed the card saying no answer through the letterbox. He hadn't even knocked.

Had a dispatch noticed for the other package late friday night, so am waiting in for it today. However, the guy who I think is the driver pulled up, saw me getting up to answer the door (before he got out of the van), I'm eager because, hello, it's MAC, but I got stuff to do today also. He faffed about and then drove off! And a few minutes ago, he did a slow drive by again and could see my tv on through the window and drove on! Has he got some issue talking to customers or something? Or doesn't want to be called out on dumping my first package? (Which I wouldn't do, as he is the only delievery driver and I want to actually receive future purchases lol). Now come away from the front of the house in an effort to entice him in. Ridiculous.

This is not the first time I have heard this happening in my area.

Once/if I receive my package, I will be making a complaint too.

DollyGirl92

I'm so damn annoyed! I want my stuff!!! I did just get my end of a swap though which as made me a bit happier but I want my 130

ChloeCariad

It's so frustrating! It really puts me off ordering online, which is a shame, as my nearest counter is 60 miles away and I wouldn't be able to pick up everything I wanted from new collections!

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeCariad
However, the guy who I think is the driver pulled up, saw me getting up to answer the door (before he got out of the van), I'm eager because, hello, it's MAC, but I got stuff to do today also. He faffed about and then drove off! And a few minutes ago, he did a slow drive by again and could see my tv on through the window and drove on! Has he got some issue talking to customers or something?

What a weirdo. You should call DHL & ask them for his number so you can call & ask him, what is wrong with you?! Deliver my parcel. Or wave at him through the window.
Maybe they get some kind of comission for not delivering parcels
th_LMAO.gif

I'm so lucky my DHL guy is so lovely, he comes at 8am, but I dont start work 'til 9.30 so I get "told off" for making him come back. I'd rather him be over-efficient & get told off
smiles.gif

ChloeCariad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
What a weirdo. You should call DHL & ask them for his number so you can call & ask him, what is wrong with you?! Deliver my parcel. Or wave at him through the window.
Maybe they get some kind of comission for not delivering parcels
th_LMAO.gif

I'm so lucky my DHL guy is so lovely, he comes at 8am, but I dont start work 'til 9.30 so I get "told off" for making him come back. I'd rather him be over-efficient & get told off
smiles.gif

I got to be honest, I am bit chicken to approach him via the phone even. My mum knows who he is and warned me not to have a go at him for the whole dumping thing and I've got a feeling he is not entirely of sound mind :S Hiding round the back of the house though, to see if he will drive by again....so hopefully, soon...

But yeah, weirdo, totally.

Lucky you for a nice driver!! Is there another option for delivery?

Kirsty

I think it is DHL or nothing i'm afraid
ssad.gif

I totally know what you mean. I wouldn't dare myself, but it is funny imagining doing it.

ChloeCariad

If it doesn't come by the end of today - I am gonna get my dad to phone. He's all authorative and shiz.

Honestly, DHL are useless.

EDIT: IT JUST ARRIVED WOOOOOO! He had shifty eyes, I totes didn't look at him properly lol.

angi

I think they might just be having some issues with these orders - I ordered mine last Tuesday, and it took them until Friday to dispatch - it's only just arrived today at midday (because they don't deliver Saturdays). I think this is the first time it's taken more then 3 days.

I HATE when DHL give your parcel to some random person to deliver - because you can never get hold of them and they just turn up when they want. Unfortunately however, they can, and quite often do this. Could you see if the person delivering your order has a mobile number?

I used to have an amazing mac delivery guy who would go to my house, and if I wasn't there would bring my stuff to work (he used to deliver stuff to work too!) - I think he was parceline though - not quite sure how that works!

But, lets face it, could be worse (I'm thinking home delivery network!)

LC

friday early early morning (2am) i placed a huge order on the pro site, paid for overnight shipping and it still isnt shipped yet. their site says if the order is placed before 11am they will process and ship it out same day. I should have had it on saturday...here it is monday and it's not even shipped yet..~! so mad...they just refunded the money i spent on the overnight shipping.

Meisje

DHL has "issues" delivering to home addresses. As in, they hate doing it and make a huge mess of it whenever possible. They prefer delivering to businesses.

I had something come via them a couple weeks ago and even trying to discuss what was happening with them on the phone was ridiculous. There's no set policy for anything and they'll tell you whatever pops into their head to hurry up and get you off the phone.

kissmypinkstar

I've never had any problems with DHL so far but now i'm all nervous about the order i placed over the weekend.

I had no idea they could pass the order on to private couriers to deliver. That seems wrong somehow, cos if i'm paying for DHL to deliver something then i expect it to be DHL who does the job!

Kirsty

If something does go awry with your package i'm pretty sure that MAC wouldn't hesitate to put it right. They have always been very helpful to me.

The only problem i've ever had with make-up packages:

I had a girl who lives on my street knock on my door saying that she had a parcel delivered to our house as she was not in. Fair enough, but she lives at #20, us at #27 (why deliver to us, there are 6 houses inbetween).
It showed my bf as the signatory, but he swore he had not had anything. After she told him it was from Bobbi Brown, he instantly assumed because it was make-up i'd had it, stuck it in my traincase and not noticed it wasn't mine
th_confused_new.gif
Like you do.

I told her she needed to call them, because I had not had it. Well after she left I realised they are owned by Estee Lauder, as were MAC. A week or so earlier I got a MAC order, so they must have them confused. Well, When I went to work, I had an email from Estee Lauder saying something along the lines of:

"Dear Miss (her name),

Thankyou for your message, we will send some representatives round to number 27 to try to find the package for you as soon as is possible"

Those may not have been the actual wording, but it was implying this.

An hour or so later I got an email saying sorry there was a mix up with order numbers
th_dunno.gif
they obviously just saw we lived on the same street & assumed i had received her order. Which is fine, but to despatch DHL or whoever to come to our house to "find" the package is ridiculous. They can't come in my house, so what are they gonna do? Interrigate me? Rough me up?
lol.gif

Its just the fact they they would even think that the package was delivered 6 doors down & not think that is a problem. Id be pissed if my stuff got left with strangers. And also that they would not just re-issue the order (she didn't choose the leave with neighbour option, so they delivered it plain wrongly), but send out cronies!!!! It's flabberghasting.

Sorry, rant over!

Latest posts