MAC Discovery - What items do you now love but wouldn't normally have bought?

jenjunsan

Like, you I was a strictly neutral girl before getting into MAC. Then....the pigment obsession. I had to own every color...haha. So there they all sit pretty on my wall. I had to force myself to start using the blues, greens, etc. Now I love them and have so much more fun with my makeup now than I did when I was "neutral girl"

Hilly

I would have to say MSFs! I was so against MAC face products..I only bought eye and lip stuff, but boy those MSFs are HOT!!!

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I would have to say MSFs! I was so against MAC face products..I only bought eye and lip stuff, but boy those MSFs are HOT!!!

Oh yeah! Those too! I didn't like them at first because they all seemed either too dark for my fair complexion or didn't show up at all, but Gold Spill has become a HG for me!

rbella

Cranberry, Coppering and all my piggies!!! Never wore dark colors but now I love 'em!!!
smiles.gif

bgajon

Pigments of all colors. I was too afraid to make a mess, and I also thought that it was just too much money for eyeshadow ( I thought it would be the only use I would give them) Now I love them and have begun collecting them in daring colors... well daring for me at least.
yes.gif

xoleaxo

Port Red lipstick..

i've never worn red lipstick in my life, i'm a real neutral girl. when NN came out and everyone raved about Port Red, i had to give it a try! needless to say, i loved it. if it wasnt for specktra, i wouldn't even have given it a second glance! i only wear it once in a while for special dinners or the bar, but it's a hot color!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

Pleasure principle dazzleglass. I really don't like shimmery lips, except dazzleglass. On me, it just looks tacky and I don't suit it. I decided to try it since it looked so good in FOTDs and I'm very happy I gave them a try because I would never have if I didn't see them on Specktra.

KikiB

I don't see it as stuff I normally wouldn't try, because I'm always up to try something new. However when I started REALLY getting into MAC, it was the face stuff. I had never bought any of it, just eyeshadow and piggies, and then my MAC girl had me try Belightful on and I loved it, bought it, then Alpha Girl, and Lune, and it just has spun into an MSF obsession.

I do have my limits though and I would have to say NO DARK EYESHADOW. I have no use for it, I do my brights well
smiles.gif

melliquor

When I first started using makeup, I would use only greens and browns... I thought those were the only colours that would suit my brown eyes. Then I started experimenting with all colours and realised what I love and hate. I love blues, purples, and peaches. I came to hate brown and refused to wear it. Now, I love browns and neutrals. They look gorgeous for a smokey eye. I would also never wear black... LOVE IT!

Lets just say... I have learned to experiment and love most colours.

FiestyFemme

Fun N Sexy l/s and Totally It l/g helped me learn to love brighter lips on me. I've been told it would be a good look for me, but I was so scared! I just didn't like the idea of all the attention being drawn to my mouth. They're great colors for me though, and since I've acquired about 5 hot pink/fuschia lipsticks and I actually wear them out!

burnitdown_x

I didn't think I'd need a tendertone, but I bought it in EZ baby and I'm pretty obsessed.

And I also agree with the Port Red Lipstick from NN, and I was so close to buying it but it was sold out...

MAChostage

Mine is such a sad story, but it turns happy.
th_DANCE.gif

I wrote off Dazzleglass from day 1, I just knew it was going to be a glitter fest. Just last week I was at my counter and saw the display for the first time. I was mesmerized and one of the MAs encouraged me to swatch a few, even though just about all of them were sold out. I did score a Funtabulous but I was so disappointed that I'd slept on these. I especially wanted a Get Rich Quick, but you know the story. Well, I ended up getting a new Get Rich Quick off eBay for a reasonable price, and now I hear from this board that Dazzleglass is being made perm! I am so pleased! I promise to not judge a new product so harshly, ever again.
yes.gif

contrabassoon

My MSF Natural! At first I thought it was okay, then I kinda stopped liking it, and now I have a newfound love for it! It's a fantastic product for summer.

Girl about town

i never buy neutrals and i recently bought cork and vanilla they are both amazing and i love the matt texture of cork.i Also bought vegas volt lipstick and thought it was tooo bright but now love it , its so hot with a tan. I also love my blot powder i thought it would be rubbish but makes my skin look flawless.

1QTPie

Copperplate e/s.

I love color and I love to go BIG everyday (even though it's probably the wrong thing to do in corp america.) I've had it for sometime because I thought it was the prettiest gray. But I never wore it until last week. I can wear this everyday. I'm not a neutral person, but this has just enough umph that I can wear it and not feel ... bored. It goes great with pinks, browns, greens, teals yellows etc. It's just so perfect.

Karen_B

The Tendertones! I just thought they were really expensive lip balm - and I guess they are, but boy are they worth it!
Any eyeshadow I have with colour, I used to be a total neutral girl, not wearing much makeup at all. I am still shy about using colour unfortunately, a lot of my gorgeous blues and greens sit unused in my drawer!

Latest posts