MAC Discovery - What items do you now love but wouldn't normally have bought?

twilightessence

Port Red. I always thought my skin was to light to wear a bright red lipstick like that but I bought it and I LOVE it. I wear it a lot, even though a lot of people think I shouldn't LOL. But I don't care, its a hot color.

Leilani78

Vanilla Pigment- I never thought I would pay $20 for eyeshadow, but I learned about the different uses for it. Now, I love it and its my go to highlighter.

dangerousmuffins

The Solar Bits. I thought they looked weird and a lot of people were saying how weird and difficult they were to use.

I love them now. I wish they weren't SOLD OUT on the site so I can get backups...

ledonatella

I love grey and taupe shadows and never thought I would, I thought they would look too muddy on me. But every LE taupe I gotta have no matter how close they are to each other, I just love them all.

nadiya

Sunpepper Pigment
I thought it was way too strong for my lighter than NW15 skin but it makes the best crease colour! I've found a little goes a long way though, if I apply too much it can make my eyes look sore.

Lark About Pigment
After looking a the online pics this was the last colour I wanted to get. But it seriously looks like a different colour when you see it in real life. It's so pretty and sparkly!

anuy

i thought i'd hate tendertones because i HATE dipping my fingers in lip products! i also prefer unscented makeup and don't understand why, if something is sheer, you need it in multiple shades. that being said, they feel SO good on my lips that i have 8 of them!! mac is definitely my vice!

rocking chick

I am starting to use brown/taupes eyeshadows which I hate in the past. I like the colors when swatch on my hands but when apply on lids,I just feel that it is too plain,boring and muddy. Only after N collection then I am into taupes/browns.

TamEva Le Fay

It would, definitely, be the skin primers, the "Matte-fying" Cream, and Cremestick Lip Liners.

Took me years to discover Cremestick Liners my God! Red Enriched, Cranapple!!! I thought I was content with my pencils...wrong!
shockt.gif

It's funny when I go into a store I don't even give the skin care products the time of day. I'm trying to change that.

OMG...the Matte-fying Creme - Fabulous for the T-Zone areas when priming before and after makeup application (if need be) to eliminate shine!

It's my new best friend!
tong.gif

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator - Made of freakin' amazing. I got it a couple of days ago. With one use I was hooked, and with another use, I could've jumped up and down and cheered. This stuff is amazing, and I was totally set against it because I was saying to myself, "Why do I need another exfoliator? I have Microfine Refinisher." I'm sold, though.

C-Thru Lipglass - I don't do glosses. I've never done glosses, but when I go out now, I absolutely love a little gloss. I actually enjoy using my foundation on my lips, and then set it with powder. A little C-Thru lipglass on top of that looks absolutely amazing.

bgajon

Pigments. I just didn't see the use but OMG!!! I'm in love with all of them, I can't believe I didn't try them before. Solar bits were another, with all the negative feedback of how hard to use and weird they were, I'm now a convert and I finally got them all. Now I now that regarding MAC I will give everything a try. I've become such a MAC addict!!!!

greeneyes81

defenitley blush. I never wore it -- EVER -- because i always thought my cheeks were pink enough. I discovered this year that blush really completes a look (IMO, of course!) and make me look more, um, awake and alert LOL especially early in the AM. plus, it's just purty
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
It would, definitely, be the skin primers, the "Matte-fying" Cream, and Cremestick Lip Liners.

Took me years to discover Cremestick Liners my God! Red Enriched, Cranapple!!! I thought I was content with my pencils...wrong!
shockt.gif

It's funny when I go into a store I don't even give the skin care products the time of day. I'm trying to change that.

OMG...the Matte-fying Creme - Fabulous for the T-Zone areas when priming before and after makeup application (if need be) to eliminate shine!

It's my new best friend!
tong.gif

I loooooooove Red Enriched cremestick liner. It was my first lipliner ever. It's still one of my absolute favourites.

It took me a long time to get around to trying shadesticks. I still don't love the medium, but I adore the colours. Particularly ones that have been recently discontinued... tsk tsk.

AppleDiva

I would say Tendertones. I passed on them last year and I got 2 this time around. I am enjoying them a lot.

rocking chick

Northern Light MSF

I just dont really know how to use it when I bought it last year. The glitters are too big for my likings but now it is one of my favourite blush. I apply with my Guerlain/Pucci blush brush follow by a no brand buffer brush. The results is natural peachy color,pretty.

M.A.C. head.

Sharkskin shade stick. I never saw the point or use in the shade sticks until someone did a look using Sharkskin and I just have to have it. It's one of my fave MAC products now.

the new Spaced out sheertone shimmer blush, really i only bought it cuz i was having a mini-crisis and needed a pick me up.. and it happens to be in an orange pot, which is my fave color... i never ever in my life wouldve purchased an orange blush but this one is FANTASTIC!!

kimmy

i kind of hesitated to buy prep + prime skin because i figured the promises it made well just hype but now i can't wear foundation without it!

MissAlphaKitty

SOLAR WHITE eyeshadow!

Solar White eyeshadow - frost (cool heat collection, limited edition)

I would NEVER even look at it twice
(because it looks like palest frosty lavender in the pot... )
but my MAC MA swatched it on my hand
and I was shocked
shockt.gif
that it was the most gorgeous soft champagne gold on my skin!

it's my new fave brow/temple/cheek highlighter for summer!
heart.gif

candi17

Any blue, teal or purple eyeshadow. I was strictly a neutral girl before I started getting into MAC but now I love experimenting with color. I'm sure my co-workers probably think I've gone off the deep end but I just love trying new colors and combinations.