MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

LiliV

Thanks for the swatches! Can't wait to get my stuff tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't get Private Party CSG, it isn't for me but I love how the lipstick looks!

elegant-one

Girl, nobody is in here is being mean. Some people want to keep a certain manner in here and want people to be on this website to be actually active versus just coming to getting the scoop and then bouncing. Think of it as if you really come and put your hard work into something and then instead of people coming together and talking about the work or helping you work, they just take your work and run with it and then just keep coming back, and doing the same thing. It's not personal, bc nobody personally knows you. People are just tired, and rightfully so. Just give it some time and talk among people and you will not feel that way. HTH :)
werd.gif

honybr

Well all this talk about post counts and stuff made me think I had better start contributing more. I'm on the team that by the time I get through all the posts I feel I have nothing to add. Lol.

Here's my nothing to add for today: I ordered PP and EE. Ha - that rhymes. After seeing swatches I'm excited to get PP. I love that type of color. Which also means I hope it's not a dupe for the several other colors that I have that are close. I have nothing like EE and I couldn't get to anything from RiRi quick enough so we'll see if I like it. I typically like a bolder lip but it's always good to have a nice nude as well.

Spikesmom

This is getting really crazy. My first post was asking what a code meant-I genuinely thought it was something new that MAC as a company was doing that I had not heard about. I had no idea there was a secret Specktra language code that could only be decifered by "elder members" of this society. If I had known that, I wouldn't have asked-I have my own ways of finding that kind of stuff out- without people becoming keyboard gangsters( as some of you wrote earlier). "Making an example" out of me is pointless...
I started the conversation about your first post. It had nothing to do with you, and everything do to with the member that sent you the pm. I was just pointing out that this "system" (which I think has many holes in it) isn't going to work if the code is handed out that easily.

MacNcheese

Hmm, I don't know where the quote went. But, anyway I am ROFL at the promo pic in the red bathing suit. Why is she leaned over and spread out like that?

mousygiggles

There was a lot of hostility thrown at TheBeautyMark becasue she asked about the system and it was only her second post.

I for one believe that some are not always, if ever, welcoming to new people on this forum. There are days I have to check the calendar and see what year it is because for a moment, I feel like I'm still in high school.
She brought it on herself by choosing for that to be her first post. First impressions are still important. However, no one was hostile toward her at all.

Richelle83

This is getting really crazy. My first post was asking what a code meant-I genuinely thought it was something new that MAC as a company was doing that I had not heard about. I had no idea there was a secret Specktra language code that could only be decifered by "elder members" of this society. If I had known that, I wouldn't have asked-I have my own ways of finding that kind of stuff out- without people becoming keyboard gangsters( as some of you wrote earlier). "Making an example" out of me is pointless...
While I'm glad that you're here, you might just want to leave this conversation be. I cannot stress enough that there isn't a secret special society of "elder members" and only they dictate or send pm's crap. So tired of hearing this. You didn't have to be in to get an email, for a week straight I alone was sending pm's as I had time, you know between having my own life, eating, sleeping etc lol. Either way no point in continuing talking about a code that really is obsolete.

No one was making an example out of you, honestly if you had read all of the responses you would have seen it was a joke in regards to the overall situation. We joke, we can be snarky, funny, nice, uplifting, dramatic and everything in between. If this thread is too dramatic for you by all means please visit the others. Plenty of chatting going on elsewhere.

Copperhead

I said it about 2 weeks ago when someone else came in with her first 3 posts that were rather hostile that the ones that usually come in with hostile posts are usually the ones that are guilty of something. If someone is not guilty of anything, then they probably wouldn't be so up in arms or they'd just forget about it. Are you going to hang around Specktra and join in on the fun or are you going to keep trying to convince people here of something?

ETA: I'm just seeing Richelle's post. I'm leaving the conversation be too. Back to makeup.

Richelle83

T still doesn't have swatches up yet. She usually does overnight shipping right? I hope that she puts something up by tomorrow so that those of you on the fence can make up your minds.
She mentioned on facebook yesterday that she'd overnight it and that she should get it today. So the reviews should be up soon..
MAC has that $500 limit so she actually had to buy some items from Nordstroms! Kinda sad when you think about it at least we'll see something soon. I hope she just puts up her swatches minues reviews tonight and then the actual reviews tomorrow.