MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

fur4elise

The best thing NYX makes are their lip pencils and their eyebrow pencils. I also like their white eyeshadow base and their brushes are fine. I haven't met a lipstick from them that I can truly say I've liked. I've never tried their eyeshadows or other face products so I can't say. But I would definitely agree with you that NYX and MAC are NOT on the same level and they cater to different parts of the market.

^^^^^Aside from buying a few of the chubby pencils for e/s base & a couple e/s palettes more than a few years ago (underwhelmed) the only reason NYX stayed on my radar is because it was the featured/sponsoring brand on Rupaul's Drag Race a couple seasons ago AND here. I place it at a lower price point/quality...Even my major supermarket, Meijer now carries some of the line & puts it on sale bogo just like Ulta, except even less expensive!

Good to know on the pencils! ;) What colors do you like best?

we don't have a thread for the mineralize collection? or am I blind and can't find it?

^^^^^I was thinking the same. Some how MAC Mineralized got wrapped into the MAC Future collection. Same release date.

Shars

^^^^^Aside from buying a few of the chubby pencils for e/s base & a couple e/s palettes more than a few years ago (underwhelmed) the only reason NYX stayed on my radar is because it was the featured/sponsoring brand on Rupaul's Drag Race a couple seasons ago AND here. I place it at a lower price point/quality...Even my major supermarket, Meijer now carries some of the line & puts it on sale bogo just like Ulta, except even less expensive!

Good to know on the pencils! ;) What colors do you like best?

^^^^^I was thinking the same. Some how MAC Mineralized got wrapped into the MAC Future collection. Same release date.

Yeah, the quality is okay to me for most of their products. BUT I think it's great that they have such a wideee wideee range at an affordable price point. For lip pencils, the two I have used most are Deep Purple and Purple Rain (I think). I own but tend not to use a lot of lip pencils. I could sell all and just keep MAC's Cork, Chestnut and Vino. I'm yet to own Nightmoth - I ordered it the other day but don't have it just yet. Re NYX though, I've know a lot of people that love their neutral/nude type lip pencils... browns, beiges etc.

lilinah

China *requires* cosmetic companies to test on animals. So any company that wants to do business in China *must* test on animals. There are a number of companies that didn't want to animal test, but wanted to be in the Chinese market, so...

Last edited:

lilinah

I'm always puzzled when i see on-line bloggers/reviewers call MAC high end. I mostly buy MAC, but it's mid level.
If we're annoyed that MAC charges $17 US for a lipstick... well, Clé de Peau charges $65 US and Guerlain lipsticks are $37 and $54. I've tested some of these lipsticks and they are not 3 times better than MAC, in my opinion.

Also, over the past year or so i've purchased a fair number of NYX products on-line. I was surprised and pleased that the lipsticks i bought were comparable to MAC in quality. The various different eye products i got, however, were a lot more hit-and-miss. Some of the colors were not very current. And in the case of the liquid liners that come in a tall narrow tube (sort of like lip gloss), the brushes were munged up. Since they're cheap i didn't complain, but it was annoying.

Looks like a lot of MAC collections are coming out in May...

fur4elise

MAC Future is the Mineralize collection. Future Forward is the one with up-and-coming musicians/singers.

I was asking about this one with pinwheel MSFs
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-mineralize-skinfinish-collection-for-spring-2016

and here is the future one

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-future-mac-collection-for-spring-2016

doesn't look like one collection ?

^^^^^Exactly MAC Future & MAC Future Forward are different collections. Confusing!? Absolutely with almost identical names
:confused:

T listed the Mineralize collection separate from MAC Future.

Monsy

I'm always puzzled when i see on-line bloggers/reviewers call MAC high end. I mostly buy MAC, but it's mid level.
If we're annoyed that MAC charges $17 US for a lipstick... well, Clé de Peau charges $65 US and Guerlain lipsticks are $37 and $54. I've tested some of these lipsticks and they are not 3 times better than MAC, in my opinion.

cle de peau, sisley, tom ford etc...
And i agree with you

jennyap

jennyap

And another one:

Blushing Ballerina collection
Cremesheen Glass
- Partial to Pink
- Pagoda
- Fashion Scoop
- Floating Lotus
Lipstick
- Angel
- Saint Germain
- Snob
- Peach Blossom

Mac-Guy

And another one:

Cremesheen Glass
- Partial to Pink
- Pagoda
- Fashion Scoop
- Floating Lotus
Lipstick
- Angel
- Saint Germain
- Snob
- Peach Blossom

Thanks. The theme sounds good. Hopefully there are more products...

jennyap

Thanks. The theme sounds good. Hopefully there are more products...

That seems to be it unfortunately. This is the blurb:

Inspired by the beauty of ballerinas, this company of soft pink shades of Lipstick and Cremesheen Glass is en pointe. Look like the very picture of grace and elegance in these soft blush hues.

Always seems a shame when they waste a good theme on repromoting perm items!

ETA just re-read that, and it's not clear if there are supposed to be blushes as well, or if that's just another way of describing the lip product colours

Mac-Guy

Also, over the past year or so i've purchased a fair number of NYX products on-line. I was surprised and pleased that the lipsticks i bought were comparable to MAC in quality. The various different eye products i got, however, were a lot more hit-and-miss. Some of the colors were not very current. And in the case of the liquid liners that come in a tall narrow tube (sort of like lip gloss), the brushes were munged up. Since they're cheap i didn't complain, but it was annoying.

Looks like a lot of MAC collections are coming out in May...

I've seen the high end discussions as well. Sigh. I believe a lot has to do with demography and disposable income. If you are a high school girl or unemployed, 17 bucks for a lipstick might seem like it costs the world, whereas in reality, it is just the regular price range for a mid range product. Having said that, if one doesn't have a (regular) income, make up shouldn't be a priority anyway. But to each its own. I still like MAC and will continue to make regular purchases.

verorl

That Blushing Ballerina collection sounds like a cool concept! Too bad they are repromoting perm ítems, which are really nice anyway, but why not make it an entire collection, with eye shadows, blush, lipstick/lipglass and face products?

bluelitzer

And another one:

Cremesheen Glass
- Partial to Pink
- Pagoda
- Fashion Scoop
- Floating Lotus
Lipstick
- Angel
- Saint Germain
- Snob
- Peach Blossom

Thank you!!! :) If it's special packaging I'm getting Peach Blossom. If not I'll just admire from a distance. I already have Angel and Snob. SG will look unflattering on me.

fur4elise

mac_eyeshadows002b.jpg mac_eyeshadows003B.jpg
mac_eyeshadows005b.jpg mac_eyeshadows006b.jpg
mac_eyeshadows008b.jpg mac_eyeshadows009b.jpg

^^^^^I know the MAC e/s pan price drop is old news now, but how cool is this!!! Christine (Temptalia) just made our lives so much easier for selecting missing colors, filling gaps, and not duplicating in our already huge collections! Love it :heart::heart::heart:

p.s. I had no real idea how much I already have! Ridiculous! lol!

Last edited: