MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

Monsy

Urban is more expensive than MAC and they do raise their prices. NYX and other drugstore brands I don't even want to compare. it's totally different category. I do not believe they have the same quality as mac.

Miss Dynamite

Urban is more expensive than MAC and they do raise their prices. NYX and other drugstore brands I don't even want to compare. it's totally different category. I do not believe they have the same quality as mac.

A lot of NYX products are the same quality as MAC, sometimes even better, since for a while, MAC was having really low quality, especially with eyeshadows. Thankfully they fixed that for the most part. Urban Decay's prices for eyeshadows and eyeliners have only raised like a dollar in several years. Meanwhile, MAC's CCBs went from $16 to $22, they halved the size of Pigments and raised the price, same with Casual Colours. MAC gets us on both ends. Plus every other brand has sales often, MAC has had 1 in like 7 years. Hopefully they decrease the price of more things because this was much needed IMO.

rockin

A lot of NYX products are the same quality as MAC, sometimes even better, since for a while, MAC was having really low quality, especially with eyeshadows. Thankfully they fixed that for the most part. Urban Decay's prices for eyeshadows and eyeliners have only raised like a dollar in several years. Meanwhile, MAC's CCBs went from $16 to $22, they halved the size of Pigments and raised the price, same with Casual Colours. MAC gets us on both ends. Plus every other brand has sales often, MAC has had 1 in like 7 years. Hopefully they decrease the price of more things because this was much needed IMO.

Urban Decay's pre-made palettes are much better value than MAC's, too. UD's prices don't seem to have gone up much at all compared to MAC's, and MAC is often excluded from some department store sales here in the UK. In all the time I have been buying MAC, and that's some time now, MAC's own UK website has never had a sale. What MAC did with the pigments, reducing the size yet increasing the price, was not at all fair on the customers.

I really hope MAC reduce the price of the pans here in the UK, too, as they are currently £10 each, which I believe is around $16.

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

Illamasqua is so expensive now! It's been years since I placed an Illamasqua order but last month or so I wanted to order more blushes because I like the three that I have so much, but when I saw the price I was like: eehh no.

But Mac-Guy is right, unfortunately everything gets more expensive each year. Yet the salaries stay pretty much the same..

It's crazy how prices explode - in general, not just MAC.

Mac-Guy

it's still the best price/quality value on the market. compared to other brands out there that are much more expensive

what other brands do you buy?

I think so too. MAC is in the mid range. It's not luxury, it's not drugstore. The price tag on each product is still affordable and not out of reach to most populations.

Marsha Pomells

It's crazy how prices explode - in general, not just MAC.

Agreed. I've used one example, and that was Illamasqua. Tom Ford had a £1 increase on their Lips and Boys last year, NYX... Not too sure... But yes, everything has increased in price. Inflation/deflation is really taking its toll on those who are in the industry (despite pro discount) and the consumer. Plus over here in the UK, the 20% VAT isn't helping much... Plus we got our budget day tomorrow, no one is looking forward to it.

beautyescape

I think every brand that is owned under one of the bigger beauty companies (L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, LVMH, etc.) experience price increases. I just wish that they weren't so frequent. One item I will never understand the price hike for is with MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick. When they first launched, they were $14.50, the same price of a regular MAC lipstick at the time. But now, they are $20.. I just don't understand lol And when brands decrease product amounts and they think customers won't notice. That gets on my nerves.

Urban Decay has had significant price increases on their palettes because I remember I bought the first Naked palette when it first released in 2010 for $44. I remember when Naked Smoky launched, the price was $54! Granted it was 5 years but I feel like the quality of eyeshadow palettes from UD has decreased over the years, especially since they were purchased by L'Oreal.

leonah

I think every brand that is owned under one of the bigger beauty companies (L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, LVMH, etc.) experience price increases. I just wish that they weren't so frequent. One item I will never understand the price hike for is with MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick. When they first launched, they were $14.50, the same price of a regular MAC lipstick at the time. But now, they are $20.. I just don't understand lol And when brands decrease product amounts and they think customers won't notice. That gets on my nerves.

Urban Decay has had significant price increases on their palettes because I remember I bought the first Naked palette when it first released in 2010 for $44. I remember when Naked Smoky launched, the price was $54! Granted it was 5 years but I feel like the quality of eyeshadow palettes from UD has decreased over the years, especially since they were purchased by L'Oreal.

wow I didn't know L'oréal owns UD now too.

JulieDiva

nothing like here in Canada, where our dollar has helped the prices of luxury products skyrocket. CHANEL lipsticks are $43 each!!! last year they were $38...then up to $40...now this...ugh

or Guerlain rouge G lipsticks....up to $65 ...no thanks

leonah

well then UD and recently NYX can't be cruelty free right since they both are owned now by loreal too or are they still that? a friend of mine buys only cruelty free so I need to tell her in that case

Shars

well then UD and recently NYX can't be cruelty free right since they both are owned now by loreal too or are they still that? a friend of mine buys only cruelty free so I need to tell her in that case

From what I understand, UD is still cruelty-free even though its parent isn't. So whether she will feel comfortable buying will depend on her standards. I'm not sure about NYX though.

Last edited:

fur4elise

From what I understand, UD is still cruelty-free even though its parent isn't. So whether she will feel comfortable buying will depend on her standards. I'm not sure about NYX though.

^^^^^^ I went and checked the site and their commitments page is still intact including support to empower women as well as offer cruelty free and vegan products. :) I could not locate anything on NYX.

shellygrrl

Staff member

Neither sell in China. It'll depend on her standards, though.

Latest posts