MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

AnitaK

I don't think MAC is dying... But in the beginning, they would put out way fewer collections, but they were good collections! Every product was great. Then they got bought by EL, and they started the collection madness, putting out several each month... I would go by and buy entire collections, now I pick and choose because there is way too much coming out.

I would be OK if they did maybe 4-5 big collections a year with several mini collections and product launches and bring back the high quality levels they used to have. I also feel that the prices got too high for what the product is with so many constant price increases. Maybe the price reductions in the palettes are a way of compensating for this.

That makes sense. The number of collections in the last couple years were an overload. Maybe they are finally coming to their senses

Monsy

i would be ok if they did maybe 4-5 big collections a year with several mini collections and product launches and bring back the high quality levels they used to have. i also feel that the prices got too high for what the product is with so many constant price increases. Maybe the price reductions in the palettes are a way of compensating for this.

amen to this!!!

leonah

I don't think MAC is dying... But in the beginning, they would put out way fewer collections, but they were good collections! Every product was great. Then they got bought by EL, and they started the collection madness, putting out several each month... I would go by and buy entire collections, now I pick and choose because there is way too much coming out.

I would be OK if they did maybe 4-5 big collections a year with several mini collections and product launches and bring back the high quality levels they used to have. I also feel that the prices got too high for what the product is with so many constant price increases. Maybe the price reductions in the palettes are a way of compensating for this.

yeah I would rather have fewer collections but with much more quality and detailing especially since they increase their prices every year

shellygrrl

Staff member

Large seasonal collections only would be better, IMO. And then they could focus more on the permanent line.

fur4elise

^^^^^^Agree with many sentiments! 4 big quality seasonal releases, with a few very special LE items releases. Refocus on quality of permanent lines. Actually focus on overall quality & detailing of all releases!

With all the other high end e/s releases MAC is trying to stay competitive in pricing. However in the long run for me I have no need to purchase...too many dupes & things I already have.

All these mini releases do not have the "special feel" collections of the past did. Like Archie's Girls, Wonder Woman, Style Warriors...

bluelitzer

This is just me, but I was willing to spend $45 if I get 3 MAC lipsticks (back when it was flat $15 and I lived in a state with no sales tax).
Now it's $17, I'm only willing to spend $17 for a lipstick (+any state's sales tax) per collection. It's just the reality both the company and consumers have to deal with. It's their prerogative to raise prices, but the company has to accept the fact that consumers will make changes in their usual spending habit for their brand (buy significantly less). Thankfully and coincidentally, the lipsticks they have been releasing since the price increase are close dupes of stuff they they had in collections during the time of their golden price point of $15. So, not much tears shed from me.

Mac-Guy

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's not just MAC that got more expensive. It's also any other cosmetic company, insures, tuition fee, food, etc... Certainly I do not like to pay more, but we all have to do it for all our purchases. Hopefully, our salaries rise equally, thus at least we can keep the same standard of living.

Monsy

mostly they do it every six months. some do it only couple of days before christmas (ridiculous) to boost their sales.

Corally

That's one price hike I don't want to see. I thought Illamasqua's price hike was extreme, lipstick went from £16.50 to £19.50 within less than 2 years.

Illamasqua is so expensive now! It's been years since I placed an Illamasqua order but last month or so I wanted to order more blushes because I like the three that I have so much, but when I saw the price I was like: eehh no.

But Mac-Guy is right, unfortunately everything gets more expensive each year. Yet the salaries stay pretty much the same..

Miss Dynamite

it's still the best price/quality value on the market. compared to other brands out there that are much more expensive

what other brands do you buy?

Urban Decay, Sugarpill, NYX, etc. There are a lot of brands with as good of quality as MAC, or better, yet lower prices.

Latest posts