MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

hitchcockblonde

yay I love her! on another note, what would you guys recommend for a setting powder either only for my under eye area and/or for all over face? (something that isn't way too drying as I'm normal-dry skin)

Honestly the best powder I've used for setting my face is Mac studio fix powder foundation. I just use a fluffier brush for a thinner layer so it's not cakey. I do have normal/dry skin as well. My makeup will actually last all day when I use it. Not for under the eyes though.

shellygrrl

Staff member
on another note, what would you guys recommend for a setting powder either only for my under eye area and/or for all over face? (something that isn't way too drying as I'm normal-dry skin)

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (for undereye area).

Prettypackages

*jumping up and down* those MSF's were made for me!!!
Oooooohh. She has the details on her blog.

MAC x Taraji P. Henson Collection + Unboxing Video - nitrolicious.com

LIPSTICK $17.00 US/$21.00 CAD

• Strip Me Down deep tone beige (matte)

MINERALIZE SKINFINISH $33.00 US/$38.00 CAD

• Highlight The Truth soft bronze coral with golden shimmer

MINERALIZE SKINFINISH NATURAL
$33.00 US/$38.00 CAD

• Taraji Glow reddish brown

BRUSH 187
$42.00 US/$51.00 CAD

• Duo Fibre Face

PENULTIMATE EYE LINER $21.00 US/$24.00 CAD

• Rapidblack true black

HAUTE & NAUGHTY TOO BLACK LASH
$23.00 US/$28.00 CAD

• black

leonah

Honestly the best powder I've used for setting my face is Mac studio fix powder foundation. I just use a fluffier brush for a thinner layer so it's not cakey. I do have normal/dry skin as well. My makeup will actually last all day when I use it. Not for under the eyes though.

thanks will try it!

leonah

It's not the powders fault. That foundation is like that there is no help

yeah I was starting to get that impression too but I bought the bottle like two (maybe one don't remember) years ago for winter but never got to it and now I recently started using when I went through my stash and found it unopened so I can't return it here where I live because it was a while ago and I was stupid enough and didn't get a sample I just listened to the mua and got the full bottle. I found an old setting powder too and it worked a whole lot better to lock it down but at the same it gives more of a matte finish which defeats the purpose of the dewy foundation. sigh.. that's why I'm on the hunt for a new glowy but hydrating foundation that works in all aspects.

Last edited:
B

Buffy89

It's not Mac, and I'm not answering your exact question, leonah, but in general, I want to recommend the color correcting powder by essence...to everybody, lol. It's a pressed powder with green, pink and beige areas and gives a lovely, glowy finish but also controls oil. It's dirt cheap and honestly, I've stopped repurchasing my staple Mac powder.

Mac-Guy

It seems that MAC is redesigning their Pro membership. I am curious how it turns out, but the early preview of new products would be the most valuable asset.

stirfryedshana

It's not Mac, and I'm not answering your exact question, leonah, but in general, I want to recommend the color correcting powder by essence...to everybody, lol. It's a pressed powder with green, pink and beige areas and gives a lovely, glowy finish but also controls oil. It's dirt cheap and honestly, I've stopped repurchasing my staple Mac powder.

I know this wasn't directed to me but now I want to check this out! Do they sell it at Ulta? I know they have a few Essence products there.

B

Buffy89

I know this wasn't directed to me but now I want to check this out! Do they sell it at Ulta? I know they have a few Essence products there.

I'm not from US, so I don't know, sorry. It's a bit hard to find here as well since it's exclusive to Mueller drugstores. They sell a bigger range of Essence products whereas other retailers only sell, like, 75% of their range. Maybe you can find it online?

Prettypackages

I was so excited about that. I will be getting the star trek powders too. Naomi convinced me with her swatch.

Coral, Pretty!! It's got coral in it!! I haven't been excited for a MAC product in a while. Between these two MSFs and the Star Trek powder, I'll be pretty happy for a while.