MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

laralara

I am still checking everything/everywhere for more info on the softcore/playlab for actual information about products. Does anyone have anymore information yet? The thread that was started still doesn't have any more info and I am really really wanting to know about this.:pray::call::call:

Miss Dynamite

I am still checking everything/everywhere for more info on the softcore/playlab for actual information about products. Does anyone have anymore information yet? The thread that was started still doesn't have any more info and I am really really wanting to know about this.:pray::call::call:

Pretty sure it wasn't an actual collection. Pretty much all of the items they showed in those pictures were released with Bangin Brilliant and Soft Serve.

Shars

According to IG (via lipstickjunkieforever), the Strobe EDSF powders are due for release in November. Not sure when in November though.
They are:
Soft Frost (white with purple shift)
Beaming Blush (orangey gold)
Show Gold (pink with gold shift)

Corally

According to IG (via lipstickjunkieforever), the Strobe EDSF powders are due for release in November. Not sure when in November though.
They are:

I wonder what happened to the rest of them? There were like 6 or so? At least these 3 sound divine!

Corally

They may be more but those are supposedly the ones in the IG video Veronika23 posted earlier.

Ah thanks! Missed that post. They're so beautiful! If I recall correctly these are supposed to be perm? I might be mistaken because we talked about them months ago :nixweiss: I really hope they are because this will be expensive as hell!

Marsha Pomells

They are:

I take it that these won't be perm...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Still not a fan of the ED formula, but I'll probably get Soft Frost, it looks too good to pass up. Beaming Blush looks nice as well.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Regarding sales, I found this. Apparently Estee Lauder is planning to cut 900 to 1,200 jobs and focus more on research and development. One news story blamed millennials not buying as much makeup for the slide. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/19/estee-lauder-shares-slide-after-sales-guidance-miss.html

the linked article said:
Lower retail traffic mainly affected the company's "heritage" brands Estee Lauder and Clinique, and a few M.A.C freestanding stores.

EL has pretty much always skewed older, to my understanding. Clinique may be an entry point for skincare, but it seems to me a good number of people abandon it after a time.

Loads of millennials buy makeup. It's likely more that they're buying from more affordable or drugstore brands because they can get more products for their money, or they prefer to support independent or niche brands.

DeAnn Smith

The selfie generation apparently focuses more on how they look in photos today rather than how they'll look at 40 and aging (of course, I didn't take my first selfie until last year but I went to sleep in my makeup most nights in my 20s and had no idea how important moisturizers etc were.......I grew up on the Cover Girl 80s blue eyeshadow LOL...so not sure it's just the selfie generation not focusing on anti-aging creams in their 20s).

Looks like your thoughts on niche and/or independent brands is spot on.

Millennials Change the Complexion of the Beauty Business - WSJ

Millennials Buying Beauty: Sephora Proves It’s All About the Experience | Millennial Marketing

And I get the money factor....until my mid/late 20s I primarily used Max Factor products.

The Way We Buy Beauty Now - Racked

The Way We Buy Beauty Now - Racked