MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

Dolly Snow

Its all about Blue Beat for me... Will there be a new thread???

So excited to try these! I have about 6 on my list so far,too bad they aren't perm. Hope they don't sell out or anything too quick since this comes out right before Selena which is going to be a decent sized haul for me.

FYI, Temptalia has the details on Liptensity:
MAC Liptensity Collection for Holiday 2016

Swatches of Liptensity.

Credit to IG user.

View attachment 56273

Instagram

View attachment 56274

More Liptensity swatches, credit to IG user.

Instagram

Yep... Definitely want Blue Beat, possibly Stallion too.

I have my eye on quite a few.
So sorry on the delay!
New thread https://www.specktra.net/the-scoop/114481-mac-liptensity-september-20th-2016-a.html#post2738290

Miss Dynamite

I'm confused why they acted like it was such a huge amazing thing lol.

I'd be excited if they brought out something like new shades of Dazzleshadows. Tbh, that would be pretty for the holiday collection. This crap with them not releasing info for the holiday collection yet has me over here designing my own, with magenta packaging and lots of glittery stuff. I'd really like a light purple dazzleshadow, like the color of Lotusland Starflash eyeshadow. I'm running super low on my Lotusland...also keep praying for them to bring back Bubblegum lipstick.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I like that neutral x9 palette, looks matte too. It looks like fall shades tho, not something I'd expect for a spring/summer release.

montREALady

Want these for sure!!

This is exactly what I was going to say. I bought a LOT more MAC when I knew what was coming. For two reasons- 1. Because having all of that build up made me super excited about the collections and I bought stuff I definitely didn't need just because of the excitement. 2. I could budget and save up specifically for MAC collections. I don't have a special MAC savings like I used to, so things come out and I just skip them because I don't really have the extra cash laying around.

Yes, like the Taraji collection came out of nowhere for me so I seriously did not have the cash laying around so I just got the lipstick. It's a small collection but when you have other stuff going on, it adds up!

Winterwhite

They should realize that they are just screwing themselves. If people find out about a collection a week or 2 before it releases, chances are, those people won't have money for it. It's better to know ahead of time so people can save up money. None of their items ever sell out now, they need all the sales they can get.

I agree. I would like to add that also here in Germany, many MAC-collections don't sell out anymore, neither fast nor slowly. That used to be unheard of a few years ago, and even in 2015 it was not that obvious. Currently there is a lot "leftover" to see from current collection at the site of a large retailer which sells MAC ("Douglas", roughly an equivalent of Sephora perhaps). Also there are/were older items on sale (!) which is equally unheard of (even though there are no EL-outlets over here where you can pick up older stuff; I assume the leftovers usually get send to other outlets in a different country). IIRC even MAC-Online in Germany had sale prices on some things, which is new, too (but I may be mixing this up with another site, so maybe someone else saw it).

Meanwhile there are a lot more brands available in Germany that used to be exclusive to overseas / UK and it is easier to order from abroad aswell. So MAC has a lot more competition than before; possibly this development happened in several European markets, not just Germany.

I haven't found a lot of things to put on my wishlist these past months and years; and many collections just seem more of the same, and how many similar things can you really buy? I don't see it as an investment (anymore) either, as all products eventually go bad, even though hi-end (which MAC still is for me; pricewise in Europe, too) spoils more slowly than a lot of the cheaper products.

The Bangin Brilliant eyeshadows and lipsticks do look nice, though, and some Liptensity shades, so I'm interested in those at least (BB was not released yet here)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I agree. I would like to add that also here in Germany, many MAC-collections don't sell out anymore, neither fast nor slowly. That used to be unheard of a few years ago, and even in 2015 it was not that obvious. Currently there is a lot "leftover" to see from current collection at the site of a large retailer which sells MAC ("Douglas", roughly an equivalent of Sephora perhaps). Also there are/were older items on sale (!) which is equally unheard of (even though there are no EL-outlets over here where you can pick up older stuff; I assume the leftovers usually get send to other outlets in a different country). IIRC even MAC-Online in Germany had sale prices on some things, which is new, too (but I may be mixing this up with another site, so maybe someone else saw it).

Meanwhile there are a lot more brands available in Germany that used to be exclusive to overseas / UK and it is easier to order from abroad aswell. So MAC has a lot more competition than before; possibly this development happened in several European markets, not just Germany.

I haven't found a lot of things to put on my wishlist these past months and years; and many collections just seem more of the same, and how many similar things can you really buy? I don't see it as an investment (anymore) either, as all products eventually go bad, even though hi-end (which MAC still is for me; pricewise in Europe, too) spoils more slowly than a lot of the cheaper products.

The Bangin Brilliant eyeshadows and lipsticks do look nice, though, and some Liptensity shades, so I'm interested in those at least (BB was not released yet here)

Someone on Instagram posted a reply from MAC Germany that Banging Brilliant won't be available here.

I haven't noticed any sale prices on the MAC site, but I saw the Douglas sale. Too bad it was just some older stuff like Sheen Supreme l/s, Lustreglass etc.
Maybe I tend to check the MAC site too late these days, but I still see most stuff sell out pretty quickly, like Star Trek. Taraji Glow was sold out when I checked too. But I agree that with a lot of collections only the 'hot items' that are unique sell out quickly these days and the rest sticks around for a while. I think the reason for that is the number of collections. With several collections launching each month you have to pick and choose and can't get everything you like.

violetta

Also on Ashley Rudder Instagram , MAC Lipglass will be repackaged with many new shades to come SS17.

There is a pic but am unable to upload image or link.