MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

laralara

Pretty sure it wasn't an actual collection. Pretty much all of the items they showed in those pictures were released with Bangin Brilliant and Soft Serve.
Hmm looking at this picture, this looks like something that hasn't launched yet
Instagram
I think it's Mac cool pink pigment, well hoping & still awaiting for information :call:

Marsha Pomells

I agree. I would like to add that also here in Germany, many MAC-collections don't sell out anymore, neither fast nor slowly. That used to be unheard of a few years ago, and even in 2015 it was not that obvious. Currently there is a lot "leftover" to see from current collection at the site of a large retailer which sells MAC ("Douglas", roughly an equivalent of Sephora perhaps). Also there are/were older items on sale (!) which is equally unheard of (even though there are no EL-outlets over here where you can pick up older stuff; I assume the leftovers usually get send to other outlets in a different country). IIRC even MAC-Online in Germany had sale prices on some things, which is new, too (but I may be mixing this up with another site, so maybe someone else saw it).

Meanwhile there are a lot more brands available in Germany that used to be exclusive to overseas / UK and it is easier to order from abroad aswell. So MAC has a lot more competition than before; possibly this development happened in several European markets, not just Germany.

I haven't found a lot of things to put on my wishlist these past months and years; and many collections just seem more of the same, and how many similar things can you really buy? I don't see it as an investment (anymore) either, as all products eventually go bad, even though hi-end (which MAC still is for me; pricewise in Europe, too) spoils more slowly than a lot of the cheaper products.

The Bangin Brilliant eyeshadows and lipsticks do look nice, though, and some Liptensity shades, so I'm interested in those at least (BB was not released yet here)

Agreed. Nothing really sells out anymore in UK.

What is that????? I want one.

Hmm looking at this picture, this looks like something that hasn't launched yet
Instagram
I think it's Mac cool pink pigment, well hoping & still awaiting for information :call:

That is Cool Pink/Pink. Something should be climbing out of the woodwork.

Winterwhite

Someone on Instagram posted a reply from MAC Germany that Banging Brilliant won't be available here.

I haven't noticed any sale prices on the MAC site, but I saw the Douglas sale. Too bad it was just some older stuff like Sheen Supreme l/s, Lustreglass etc.
Maybe I tend to check the MAC site too late these days, but I still see most stuff sell out pretty quickly, like Star Trek. Taraji Glow was sold out when I checked too. But I agree that with a lot of collections only the 'hot items' that are unique sell out quickly these days and the rest sticks around for a while. I think the reason for that is the number of collections. With several collections launching each month you have to pick and choose and can't get everything you like.

That's too bad about Banging Brilliant :( Maybe it'll appear later eventually?

I guess the sale prices then were those on other MAC-sites, not the German one - maybe I have secretly been wishing they would put some sale prices on earlier collections.. :)

Yep, the Douglas-sale was on really_old items, like the holiday palette from last year, so that item is at least a year old already.

I think that a collection like Star Trek is a really extraordinary topic, and surely many that are not specifically into MAC but maybe into Star Trek will be buying from it aswell; and perhaps they also limited the amount of product that is sold in Germany; as they seemed to have extended this amount in the years before (after many complaints that it was not enough). But collections like Zac Posen, Charlotte Olympia, Soft Serve, parts of Brooke Candy (not the lipsticks though), Toledo, Vibe Tribe etc were not sold out in lightning speed anymore; sometimes only some hyped / main products or colors, but not the rest.