MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

NaomiH

I hate it...have to go months without buying anything just in case I might want something from a collection that I know nothing about. I've bought only a few things since July and I'm dying to buy about 80 other things, but missing out...so damn stressful!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with it. Personally,I'm finding it less stressful now than I did this time last year. Things are sticking around longer and I'm able to actually think about my purchases and not just buy things out of fear they'll be gone in 2 minutes because everyone has been swarming around the site for 2 months waiting to buy tons to resell.

Miss Dynamite

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with it. Personally,I'm finding it less stressful now than I did this time last year. Things are sticking around longer and I'm able to actually think about my purchases and not just buy things out of fear they'll be gone in 2 minutes because everyone has been swarming around the site for 2 months waiting to buy tons to resell.

Usually by the time I get the money for what I want, 10 more surprise collections have popped up. And I won't even get started on all of the permanent stuff I want. But I usually spend several hundred on the holiday collections every year, so I want to know exactly what I want as far in advance as possible. I start saving with my birthday money, lol.

NaomiH

Usually by the time I get the money for what I want, 10 more surprise collections have popped up. And I won't even get started on all of the permanent stuff I want. But I usually spend several hundred on the holiday collections every year, so I want to know exactly what I want as far in advance as possible. I start saving with my birthday money, lol.

That definitely makes sense! Hopefully some info will pop up soon for you then. :)

stirfryedshana

I neeeed info on Holiday and (based on past disney collabs) beauty and the Beast collections :stickpoke:

I'm sooooo excited for a possible beauty & the beast collection! I mean tbh I don't have a whole lot of trust in MAC based on their past disney movie collabs...but the movie just looks so ridiculously stunning that I really hope they actually try w/ this collection.

Honi

So what is this Helmut Newton collection? Do we have a thread? Looking through the press pics and I cant recall seeing anything about it here.

hitchcockblonde

So what is this Helmut Newton collection? Do we have a thread? Looking through the press pics and I cant recall seeing anything about it here.
I haven't heard anything about it. A collection inspired by the photographer Helmut Newton sounds really cool. Are you allowed to post the press info?

Honi

Edit: The ambient picture looks weird, here's one where its correct in color.
View attachment 56390

POINT ‘N’ SHOOT/EYE SHADOW X 4

Real Fantasy soft eggshell(matte) Hard Currency grey (matte) Influential brown (satin) Point ‘N’ Shoot black(matte)

LIQUID EYE LINERBOOT BLACK

UPWARD LASH UPWARD BLACK

RETRO MATTELIQUID LIPCOLOUR
HIGH HEELS (RED)
CHATEAU M (DEEP RED WINE)
SELF PORTRAIT (DARK PLUM)

M·A·C STUDIONAIL LACQUER
MONTE CARLO RED(CRÈME)
CALL TIME GREY(CRÈME)
BERLIN PURPLE (CRÈME)

Attachments

• helmut1.png
    helmut1.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
  • helmut2.png
    helmut2.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 15
  • helmut3.png
    helmut3.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

hitchcockblonde

Edit: The ambient picture looks weird, here's one where its correct in color.
View attachment 56390

POINT ‘N’ SHOOT/EYE SHADOW X 4

Real Fantasy soft eggshell(matte) Hard Currency grey (matte) Influential brown (satin) Point ‘N’ Shoot black(matte)

LIQUID EYE LINERBOOT BLACK

UPWARD LASH UPWARD BLACK

RETRO MATTELIQUID LIPCOLOUR
HIGH HEELS (RED)
CHATEAU M (DEEP RED WINE)
SELF PORTRAIT (DARK PLUM)

M·A·C STUDIONAIL LACQUER
MONTE CARLO RED(CRÈME)
CALL TIME GREY(CRÈME)
BERLIN PURPLE (CRÈME)

Thanks Honi! This is an incredibly bland and disappointing collection considering the source of inspiration is know for his provocative photos.

Honi

Thanks Honi! This is an incredibly bland and disappointing collection considering the source of inspiration is know for his provocative photos.
It's very "Classic", thats for sure. Classic colors for the eyes, red for the lips. Very oldschool glam, not particularly exciting though. However I am curious as to whether or not that black eyeshadow sucks as much as Carbon does or if theyve finally invented a matte black that doesnt look like youve mildly smudged a graphite pencil on your lid.

hitchcockblonde

It's very "Classic", thats for sure. Classic colors for the eyes, red for the lips. Very oldschool glam, not particularly exciting though. However I am curious as to whether or not that black eyeshadow sucks as much as Carbon does or if theyve finally invented a matte black that doesnt look like youve mildly smudged a graphite pencil on your lid.

Haha dare to dream. I hope its better than carbon as well. I can see why they went the "classic" route considering a lot of his photos are b&w and feature red lips but they missed the mark from my perspective. Especially after the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson and Nars x Steven Klein collections which seemed to me to represent those photographers' work much better. I'll be interested to see if the boxes will actually feature his photography or just his name.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

I agree, pretty disappointing. They could have at least added a beautypowder or a blush. Nothing for me to buy here... maybe Berlin Purple for the name.

Honi

Haha dare to dream. I hope its better than carbon as well. I can see why they went the "classic" route considering a lot of his photos are b&w and feature red lips but they missed the mark from my perspective. Especially after the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson and Nars x Steven Klein collections which seemed to me to represent those photographers' work much better. I'll be interested to see if the boxes will actually feature his photography or just his name.
The boxes seems to be what is right next to the product, the lip-box is just "Folded out" if that makes any sense. Atleast thats what I get from the picture names.

leonah

that quad looks almost the same as the brant brothers quad. but hopefully with a better black shadow!