MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

MissTania

I've almost completely moved to other brands now. I still use my MAC eyeshadow palettes (the custom neutral ones), but I haven't bought much in the last couple of years although I did some damage with the Fruity Juicy collection. Cardboard MAC girl palette though? Not interested. I wouldn't even get them for my teen daughter because of some of the names. I used to think UD and NARS had some sketch brand names, but these are worse.

Most of my new shadows are UD and Anastasia (went on a binge with their singles this summer) and Vice lipsticks are slowly edging out the MAC ones in my stash. I do still replace my favourite lip pencils as they run out (Chicory, Soar, Absolutely It, Half Red), but I have more 24/7 than MAC now.

On the plus side, I've hit pan on lots of e/s and quite a few blush. I'll probably replace the shadows, but not the rest.
I've been buying MAC for 25 years, and I'm not sure that I can say they're my favourite in ANY category any more. It's too bad.
I too love the Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks and the 24/7 liners are among my favourites, especially Bittersweet as it goes with many pinky purple shades. I also made sure to back up Turn On as it was discontinued when the current line launched. I prefer the sleek Vice packaging whereas the MAC black bullets seem so plain and boring to me (but are lovely when changed to LE designs/colours). I do like MAC Pro Longwear lip pencils (I use More to Love regularly), but there are not enough pink/purple/mauve shades for my liking.

Miss Dynamite

I can't believe people are trying to say that Bitch is worse than names like Orgasm, Deepthroat, Druggie, Speedball, LSD, Roach, 69, Peyote, Bender, Blunt, Laced, Kush, Baked, Narcotic, Virgin and Bootycall. Yeah, the Basic Bitch palette is kinda iffy, but honestly...MAC has the tamest names out of most of the makeup companies I've bought from. At first I was kinda annoyed until I really thought about it.

Mac-Guy

I'm loyal to MAC because I genuinely like their products and packaging more than any other brand. W

My makeup stash is all MAC except for UDPP lol. I'm loyal to UD when it comes to eye primer--I work 12 hour shifts and that stuff works better than any other primer I've tried

Ha! Same here.

boschicka

I can't believe people are trying to say that Bitch is worse than names like Orgasm, Deepthroat, Druggie, Speedball, LSD, Roach, 69, Peyote, Bender, Blunt, Laced, Kush, Baked, Narcotic, Virgin and Bootycall. Yeah, the Basic Bitch palette is kinda iffy, but honestly...MAC has the tamest names out of most of the makeup companies I've bought from. At first I was kinda annoyed until I really thought about it.

Bitch is a derogatory term for an entire gender.

Orgasms are awesome.

No comparison, really.

Miss Dynamite

Bitch is a derogatory term for an entire gender.
Orgasms are awesome.

No comparison, really.

This made me giggle. But Idk, maybe I've just heard the word bitch enough times that it doesn't really bother me. I've heard plenty of guys called one too though. Though Urban Decay's constant drug related names are what surprised me a bit.

boschicka

This made me giggle. But Idk, maybe I've just heard the word bitch enough times that it doesn't really bother me. I've heard plenty of guys called one too though. Though Urban Decay's constant drug related names are what surprised me a bit.

:p
The reason it's insulting for a guy to be called a bitch is b/c he's being called a woman. How terrible to be a woman!
I agree with your message that it's bad to glorify and normalize any of these terms in our culture.

Last edited:

leonah

so bummed. I love fall collections but not the mac girls whatever. bleh.

anyhoo I've been stocking up this summer instead on all my basics and perms from mac and now want a pink blush but not sure which one to choose. I have nc20-25 skin and was thinking well dressed, stay pretty or lovecloud? any help and input is appreciated tia :)

Icecaramellatte

[MENTION=46540]Miss Dynamite[/MENTION]

This is probably old news but I just checked the Mac site and they have the pro pans in the newest perm shades available now. I check every couple of weeks so you've probably seen it already but I thought I'd post it just in case. Boy that was a long wait.

Last edited:

Monsy

anyhoo I've been stocking up this summer instead on all my basics and perms from mac and now want a pink blush but not sure which one to choose. I have nc20-25 skin and was thinking well dressed, stay pretty or lovecloud? any help and input is appreciated tia :)

dollymix

Miss Dynamite

@Miss DynamiteThis is probably old news but I just checked the Mac site and they have the pro pans in the newest perm shades available now. I check every couple of weeks so you've probably seen it already but I thought I'd post it just in case. Boy that was a long wait.

Yeah, I got a few of them for my birthday haul. For anybody who likes pink eyeshadow, you should definitely get Cherry Topped, WOW it is gorgeous! They also got pro pans of the small blushes, but they are trying to charge $17 for them, despite the pots being $16 and them being the same size of an eyeshadow. I contacted them about it almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it...so I'm hoping more people notice and bitch about it.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Lovecloud! It's really pretty. Well Dressed was my first MAC blush, but I didn't like it all that much. It wasn't very pigmented.

leonah

Lovecloud! It's really pretty. Well Dressed was my first MAC blush, but I didn't like it all that much. It wasn't very pigmented.

thank you :) I like a satin or sheertone finish that's why I was looking into them I don't like the matte ones that much they just look flat on me

Icecaramellatte

Yeah, I got a few of them for my birthday haul. For anybody who likes pink eyeshadow, you should definitely get Cherry Topped, WOW it is gorgeous! They also got pro pans of the small blushes, but they are trying to charge $17 for them, despite the pots being $16 and them being the same size of an eyeshadow. I contacted them about it almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it...so I'm hoping more people notice and bitch about it.

Oh Thanks for telling me about the blushes. I was interested in a few. I will complain as well.

Miss Dynamite

Oh Thanks for telling me about the blushes. I was interested in a few. I will complain as well.
Here are the ones I have so far:
20891566_10209195216258212_1057483654_n.jpg Left side is the Fashion Fanatic palette, right side is Cherry Topped, Teal Appeal, In The Shadows, New Crop and Black Tied.

20864682_10209208673394632_556872101_n.jpg News Flash, Bright Response, Fashion's Field Day, How Royal and Try Me On Dazzleshadow. I plan on getting at least 6 more, not including the Dazzleshadows.

MissTania

I bought the rollerwheel liner in brown. My first attempt was a disaster, the second was better however it's not worth it for me as I can achieve a better more consistent result with my other liners. Also if one eye turns out well it's hard to match the other. I would be surprised if this product was an improvement for anyone compared to standard liners.

Latest posts