MAC Early Buzz: News for Upcoming Collections in 2018

Rinstar

Typically the Fall collection released during the third week of August... That should be very soon IF we get a big Fall collection.

I miss the big exciting collections... Fall used to be amazing- CoC, Fantastic Felines, even A Novel Romance was great.

ramarose

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... All I want is another awesome collection like Rocky Horror.
MAC has gotten boring, I honestly don't care for celeb/influencer collections. Even another Disney movie collection would at least be cute packaging and maybe some unique items

xasperadastra

True! I'm quite disappointed with Mac lately :( the only collections I've loved were Nico Panda e Padma, and I've really liked the holographic licolour. But It seems there are less collections with less products. I liked Mac because it was different from the other brands ... and it may be ok to do less collections but at last they have to be great!

violetta

I read that as well , then I went to Brandon Maxwell instagram and he had the same image posted, so maybe it is his collection.

fur4elise

MAC_Holiday_18.JPG
So apparently the Shiny Pretty Thing Face Palettes will be in Fair and Medium/Deep
I am all about the Medium/Deep above! I love those shades!

BriarRose

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... All I want is another awesome collection like Rocky Horror.
MAC has gotten boring, I honestly don't care for celeb/influencer collections. Even another Disney movie collection would at least be cute packaging and maybe some unique items

This is me. I really want more movie collections, and another Disney themed one. I’m tired of all these collections with people I have never heard of. No disrespect intended to any of them, it’s just that there’s little to nothing for me to get excited about when my reaction is almost always “Who’s that?” and so many of the colors are redundant or the products are poor quality.
MAC has really lost me over the past couple years.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'd rather see more conceptual collections (think Style Black, Artificially Wild, Peacocky, and such) from MAC than collaborations, personally.

Also: their permanent range could be spruced up even more. I still think discontinuing the Matte2 eyeshadows was a bad move. (I would have prefered the current Matte range be reformulated as Matte2. I'd also like to see them bring back all the Matte2 shades!) Repackage Studio Fix Fluid so it comes with a pump by default. Release N0 and C0 shades of Face & Body, along with some super dark ones.

Rinstar

Is anyone else finding it to be difficult these days to get good swatches and reviews for new MAC products? I hate watching videos. I honestly can't stand listening to most of those idiots talk for 20 minutes. I miss when T used to have swatches up before products were actually released. I am interested in the dazzleshadow liquids, but can't seem to locate any good review/swatches.

Miss Dynamite

Is anyone else finding it to be difficult these days to get good swatches and reviews for new MAC products? I hate watching videos. I honestly can't stand listening to most of those idiots talk for 20 minutes. I miss when T used to have swatches up before products were actually released. I am interested in the dazzleshadow liquids, but can't seem to locate any good review/swatches.
Yeah, for whatever reason, T seems to have completely stopped reviewing MAC's new products, no Plenty Of Pout, no Dazzleshadow Liquid, no Supreme Beam. I have no idea what her problem is with them. I can get some switches on Instagram, but rarely lip swatches and never any reviews so I had to buy all of these things completely blind and just hope they are good.

Mac-Guy

Yeah, for whatever reason, T seems to have completely stopped reviewing MAC's new products, no Plenty Of Pout, no Dazzleshadow Liquid, no Supreme Beam. I have no idea what her problem is with them. I can get some switches on Instagram, but rarely lip swatches and never any reviews so I had to buy all of these things completely blind and just hope they are good.
Oh I didn't realize that T doesn't review MAC anymore. I thought she just posted it with some delay.

Mac-Guy

The good news is that products hardly sell out these days. There is more time to brainstorm what products one really needs.

Rinstar

The good news is that products hardly sell out these days. There is more time to brainstorm what products one really needs.
This is true. I think it just makes me buy a lot less because I can't get to the counter that often to swatch new things. So that's good for my wallet I guess!

Miss Dynamite

Oh I didn't realize that T doesn't review MAC anymore. I thought she just posted it with some delay.
Idk, she hasn't been. She hasn't said a word about it that I've seen. But those collections have been out long enough for her to order them and receive the items, but still she has no swatches up.

Latest posts