MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

lyseD

Saw my SA today and she had just seen all the new collections.

She mentioned one that contains a product in a jar like Tendertones that can be used on lips, cheeks and eyes (to be released after Beth Ditto). . She also mentioned a 30 polish collection that was releasing in August.

She called Beth Ditto quite bold and said she loved Hey, Sailor! eyeshadow shades and that the red lipstick is beautiful.

Hopefully I can pass on BD. My wallet needs a break.

Indieprincess

Since the fall collection seems to have Mattenes, what are they like? I don't own one, how similar are they to MAC's regular mattes, which is my absolute favorite finish?

OctoberViolet

cheerleader.gif
Thanks for the info Iyse!!!

iagree.gif

She mentioned one that contains a product in a jar like Tendertones that can be used on lips, cheeks and eyes (to be released after Beth Ditto). . She also mentioned a 30 polish collection that was releasing in August.

She called Beth Ditto quite bold and said she loved Hey, Sailor! eyeshadow shades and that the red lipstick is beautiful.

Pinkdollface

Since the fall collection seems to have Mattenes, what are they like? I don't own one, how similar are they to MAC's regular mattes, which is my absolute favorite finish?
If you like the regular mattes i think you will also like these. They feel a bit creamier than the new matte formula, i think it's in between the matte and satin formula. I got three from Posh Paradise and i will for sure get more.

Indieprincess

Quote: Originally Posted by Indieprincess

If you like the regular mattes i think you will also like these. They feel a bit creamier than the new matte formula, i think it's in between the matte and satin formula. I got three from Posh Paradise and i will for sure get more.
Okay thanks because I didn't want buy any and be disappointed if they had quite a bit of sheen to them, but in between the new matte formula and the satin formula sounds good.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Thanks for sharing. The multipurpose product sounds very interesting. We already had a pic of all the nail polishes, I think (hope!) the will be perm. I doubt there would be a LE with 30 n/p.

Swirlgirl

Kate, I am 110% with you on less LE and more perm.
Honestly, this has become a huge part of why my makeup money has been going to other places.
NARS and Guerlain are prime examples of a great companies that come out with seasonal collections with select pieces making it into their perm line. So it can be done. But I am getting older and grumpier too - much less interested in the hunt and chase and site stalking than those younger and newer to MAC and makeup acqusition than me....LOL!
And as a side note, everyone should read Kate's blog post today - - it touches on a lot of the highs and lows of many of the big cosmetics companies out there!

Quote:
Perhaps it's just me, but I want less LE and more permanent. I find that I'm suffering from LE-fatigue. I'd rather just get excited about trying out something that I'll have the opportunity to buy again in a couple of years. Maybe if Mac did semi-permanent seasonal collections, like there were certain shades that were only available at certain times of the year, but that stayed in rotation for a few years, or had colours that stayed around a while, the way that the Viva Glam shades do. It's possible I'm just getting old and grumpy.

xasperadastra

something like Mufe aqua creams?

Anitacska

The mattenes are really lovely and creamy, and long lasting. I'm really looking forward to getting more, I also only got 3 from Posh Paradise.

MACcrazy

ooohhh 24 looks like mean & green from VV! I love that color and will BU like CRAZY!!!! 22 and the orangy corals look nice as well (but the mac formula is hit or miss. I'll definatly get 24 if it resembles MG in any way possible tho!!)

Here's the pic of the polishes.

image.php

source: MAC's Elke doet verslag van NYFW AW 2012 - dag 1 en 2 - Beautyscene

The only one I want for sure is number 24. I know there are a lot of potential dupes or similar ones out there, but I didn't get any of those yet. I'm also liking the peach and coral ones.

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Brace yourself for when Big Bounce shadows come to haunt you again this summer.

Oh dear! I went to the CCO a few days ago and they had every single one in there!

Swirlgirl

I know I am in the very small minority, but I quite liked my big bounces....I wore the pale green and the light gold one quite a lot last summer and still reach for them now and again (although I think they are reaching their expiration point).
To be honest though, I'm not sure I'll repurchase. It seems like there are brands right now that are perfecting the formula (I'm thinking of the new LE Tom Ford cream eye shadows), so I'm thinkinh this is a pass for me right now.

Leven

I know I am in the very small minority, but I quite liked my big bounces....I wore the pale green and the light gold one quite a lot last summer and still reach for them now and again (although I think they are reaching their expiration point).
To be honest though, I'm not sure I'll repurchase. It seems like there are brands right now that are perfecting the formula (I'm thinking of the new LE Tom Ford cream eye shadows), so I'm thinkinh this is a pass for me right now.
Those Tom Ford shadows DO look yummy. And who knows, maybe because I work at Mac now I will have more time to play with the BB Shadows and I can figure out how to use them.

But all in all i think the choice to bring them back is...interesting. Maybe MAC sold more than I thought they did? Hell, if they can bring back Metal X shadows, I shouldn't really be surprised they are bringing back the BB Shadows.

Mac-Guy

You are not alone. I'm "The Cool Elite" :)