MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

tirurit

Not sure about those brushes. I want them but have no idea how to use them. Any info on price?
I usually can't resist new brushes but I really really would like more info on how to use them/what for/what makes them special/price.

I guess that we will get more info as time passes

SydVicious

PRO DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY

I can't imagine trying to do liner, brows or lips with that brush. I feel like I wouldn't be able to see around the brush to see what I am doing. I mean I may be completely wrong, they may be great. I just can't imagine it, especially when trying to get a precision line. Hmm. I'm excited to see how well they work though.

MACerette

I can't imagine trying to do liner, brows or lips with that brush.  I feel like I wouldn't be able to see around the brush to see what I am doing.   I mean I may be completely wrong, they may be great.  I just can't imagine it, especially when trying to get a precision line.  Hmm.  I'm excited to see how well they work though. 
I am really interested in them. Bummed out about the discount though, or should I say lack thereof. I am not sure if that will hold me back from buying though...

SydVicious

I am really interested in them. Bummed out about the discount though, or should I say lack thereof. I am not sure if that will hold me back from buying though...
I think I'm going to hold out and see how everyone else likes them. Hopefully some of the youtube ladies will do video reviews and I can get a feel for how they would work for me. They look cool and I remember reading that they are supposed to make it easier for you to do your own makeup. We shall see I guess. :)

tirurit

I think I'm going to hold out and see how everyone else likes them. Hopefully some of the youtube ladies will do video reviews and I can get a feel for how they would work for me. They look cool and I remember reading that they are supposed to make it easier for you to do your own makeup. We shall see I guess. :)
iagree.gif
I am on the same boat. Despite knowing what they are used for in theory, I can't really picture how a brush that looks like a toothbrush can have more than one use!!

erine1881

I can't imagine trying to do liner, brows or lips with that brush.  I feel like I wouldn't be able to see around the brush to see what I am doing.   I mean I may be completely wrong, they may be great.  I just can't imagine it, especially when trying to get a precision line.  Hmm.  I'm excited to see how well they work though. 
It's funny that you mention that cuz the paperwork says that it's supposed to easier to use cuz your hands are out of the way, making it easier to see :hmm: :dunno:

erine1881

They look purple which is cool but umm how the flip am I supposed to dy my eyeliner or anyone else's with that one??? Thanks for the pic though.
They aren't meant to be used on other people. They're meant for personal use, as i mentioned earlier. And i think it's just the reflection that's making them look purple. I'm pretty sure they're all black.

mousygiggles

And i think it's just the reflection that's making them look purple. I'm pretty sure they're all black.
Rgr, got that but they were used in a photo shoot for the pic that you posted so they were used on someone else. Just sayin. Anyway, how is that one supposed to work for eyeliner, brows I get. Not liner.

erine1881

Rgr, got that but they were used in a photo shoot for the pic that you posted so they were used on someone else. Just sayin. Anyway, how is that one supposed to work for eyeliner, brows I get. Not liner.
Obviously they can't say they CAN'T be used on other people, just that they're meant for use on oneself. And i completely agree with you. That's why I'm saving my money. It's just another MAC gimmick IMO.

SydVicious

It's funny that you mention that cuz the paperwork says that it's supposed to easier to use cuz your hands are out of the way, making it easier to see
hmm.gif
th_dunno.gif
I remember reading that they were supposed to make doing your own makeup easier, it's just hard to imagine. When you use a traditional eyeliner brush, like a pointed precision or an angled brush, you can kind of angle your hand out of the way. But with these new toothbrush style brushes, how do you see around the plastic head that is holding the bristles? It will be interesting to see them in action. I hope they are good brushes, but I'm sure it's going to be one of those things that is just personal preference.

mousygiggles

I am all over it for brows anyway.My favorite brush for brows is a splayed out soft toothbrush. I take it and site and fluff it open for like a week while I am online or reading. I have laid an encyclopedia on in on the counter too.