MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

boujoischic

Hey everyone - I got a few tidbits of info about Divine Nights and Punk Couture!

Divine Nights: The marketing image is of a 70's disco style woman with huge curly red hair and strong cheeks, eyes and lips surrounded by disco lights and laser beams. The packaging is supposedly amazing in black with golden accent stripes - so basically Art Deco via 70's high class disco. This year's pigment sets will be actual pigments and glitter, rather than Crushed Metals. There's going to be sets of the Mineralize Lip Balms, instead of the usual glosses - she was really excited about those and so am I!!
yahoo.gif

Punk Couture is going to have neon colors for the color theme (rather than black lipstick type stuff).
devil.gif
Divine Nights Sounds very Biba-esque love that style its so beautiful. Biba took inspiration from the 20's, 30's and art deco with a (then) modern 70's twist so I'm sure the packaging and colors will be beautiful.

JenJay

Hey everyone - I got a few tidbits of info about Divine Nights and Punk Couture!

Divine Nights: The marketing image is of a 70's disco style woman with huge curly red hair and strong cheeks, eyes and lips surrounded by disco lights and laser beams. The packaging is supposedly amazing in black with golden accent stripes - so basically Art Deco via 70's high class disco. This year's pigment sets will be actual pigments and glitter, rather than Crushed Metals. There's going to be sets of the Mineralize Lip Balms, instead of the usual glosses - she was really excited about those and so am I!!
yahoo.gif

Punk Couture is going to have neon colors for the color theme (rather than black lipstick type stuff).
devil.gif

Divine Nights Sounds very Biba-esque love that style its so beautiful. Biba took inspiration from the 20's, 30's and art deco with a (then) modern 70's twist so I'm sure the packaging and colors will be beautiful.
iagree.gif

Ana A

So From Divine Night til Riri Holiday all we have is the black Friday lipstick? seems unlikely when Mac has been throwing collections at us left and right all year long....

Ana A

I just realized that the toothbrush looking brushes are supposed to launch in November, has anyone heard anything else from their MUA's?

liba

I just realized that the toothbrush looking brushes are supposed to launch in November, has anyone heard anything else from their MUA's?
My MA LOOOOOOOOOVES them. He says they're very very soft. The other thing is, because of how they're angled, it makes holding them to do your eyes or cheeks easier than straight handled brushes. Basically, they make putting on your own makeup easier, but they aren't as good for applying makeup on someone else.

There's one that's straight like a toothbrush that he love the most, especially for smudging shadow and liner under the eye - you can do a perfect smudge in one sweep of the brush due to the perfect shape and angle.

There are two ovals, one small like maybe a penny size and one bigger, like a little larger than a quarter. The small one is good for doing shading on the outer corners of the eye and a little blending in the crease. The bigger one is nice for blush and highlighter, which you can place really precisely while using just one quick sweep, rather than having to pat on bit by bit. They didn't train them how to use the brushes with concealer or foundation, but they're rated for liquid and cream products, along with powders; and were used that way on the runways.

The small one is $25, the big one is $40 or so and the medium one is $30 or $35 (can't recall).

Ana A

My MA LOOOOOOOOOVES them. He says they're very very soft. The other thing is, because of how they're angled, it makes holding them to do your eyes or cheeks easier than straight handled brushes. Basically, they make putting on your own makeup easier, but they aren't as good for applying makeup on someone else.

There's one that's straight like a toothbrush that he love the most, especially for smudging shadow and liner under the eye - you can do a perfect smudge in one sweep of the brush due to the perfect shape and angle.

There are two ovals, one small like maybe a penny size and one bigger, like a little larger than a quarter. The small one is good for doing shading on the outer corners of the eye and a little blending in the crease. The bigger one is nice for blush and highlighter, which you can place really precisely while using just one quick sweep, rather than having to pat on bit by bit. They didn't train them how to use the brushes with concealer or foundation, but they're rated for liquid and cream products, along with powders; and were used that way on the runways.

The small one is $25, the big one is $40 or so and the medium one is $30 or $35 (can't recall).
Yay!
bouquet.gif
Thank you for the detailed descriptions, all we had before you was "toothbrushes in Nov" lol.....Do you recall if these will stick around for a while? (perm)

liba

Yay!
bouquet.gif
Thank you for the detailed descriptions, all we had before you was "toothbrushes in Nov" lol.....Do you recall if these will stick around for a while? (perm)
You know, I asked my MA about that but I am spazzing on what he told me. All I remember was him and another MA being all sad because there will be no pro discount on them for the time being, the reason they were given being because MAC has them patented for the next 6 months. I guess they must be perm, because normally they would've gotten the pro discount, hence the sadness.

liba

False Lashes collection:

They're bringing out a collection of colored False Lashes mascara, also on the 26th (omg). Besides the standard black, there will be plum, blue, eggplant and "mauvey brown" which sounds absolutely amazing! The blue and the plum are colors I believe we have already seen in other formulas because the names sounded familiar.

I used to use False Lashes and they'd make my lashes look really thick and full. I liked the brush too. My only complaint is the formula is very moist and needs major effort to get it all off - have to use my heavy duty eye makeup remover for it.

lizzylu23

False Lashes collection: They're bringing out a collection of colored False Lashes mascara, also on the 26th (omg). Besides the standard black, there will be plum, blue, eggplant and "mauvey brown" which sounds absolutely amazing! The blue and the plum are colors I believe we have already seen in other formulas because the names sounded familiar. I used to use False Lashes and they'd make my lashes look really thick and full. I liked the brush too. My only complaint is the formula is very moist and needs major effort to get it all off - have to use my heavy duty eye makeup remover for it.
Thanks Liba for the info.... The colors sound great but I am going to have to try them all to see if I need to spend on those. Most of my funds are for Punk Couture but maybe 1-2 mascaras. I still have to see.

ForeverJenn

False Lashes collection: They're bringing out a collection of colored False Lashes mascara, also on the 26th (omg). Besides the standard black, there will be plum, blue, eggplant and "mauvey brown" which sounds absolutely amazing! The blue and the plum are colors I believe we have already seen in other formulas because the names sounded familiar. I used to use False Lashes and they'd make my lashes look really thick and full. I liked the brush too. My only complaint is the formula is very moist and needs major effort to get it all off - have to use my heavy duty eye makeup remover for it.
Thank you for the info :) It's An easy skip for me! I'm fine with drugstore mascara :)

Ana A

False Lashes collection:

They're bringing out a collection of colored False Lashes mascara, also on the 26th (omg). Besides the standard black, there will be plum, blue, eggplant and "mauvey brown" which sounds absolutely amazing! The blue and the plum are colors I believe we have already seen in other formulas because the names sounded familiar.

I used to use False Lashes and they'd make my lashes look really thick and full. I liked the brush too. My only complaint is the formula is very moist and needs major effort to get it all off - have to use my heavy duty eye makeup remover for it.
Thank you Liba, I was just coming here to ask about this because I remember a vague mention of these a few months ago and wasn't sure if it was this yr as well. Dec 26 though?! jeez Mac

OctoberViolet

False Lashes collection:

kimibos

False Lashes collection:

thanks liba! i love color mascaras but im not excited about these, i got the blue in art of eye one and its meh, nothing compare to the dior or ysl ones i have. also Butter London is having some bright , crazy colors, like from the 80's
girlhaha.gif
which look more exciting than plum, eggplant and mauvey brown. i think they are better than black, for some that dont like the harsh look of black but nothing OMG for me.

and then most important your review on the formula. i cant stand waterproof mascaras already. the light removers bother my eyes, i dont think im up to trying a heavy duty one. i rather clean raccoon eyes per hour (which i dont, with regular mascara) than to go through the pain of getting WP mascara off and swollen eyes the next day!

Thanks for the info and review!

liba

thanks liba! i love color mascaras but im not excited about these, i got the blue in art of eye one and its meh, nothing compare to the dior or ysl ones i have. also Butter London is having some bright , crazy colors, like from the 80's
girlhaha.gif
which look more exciting than plum, eggplant and mauvey brown. i think they are better than black, for some that dont like the harsh look of black but nothing OMG for me.

and then most important your review on the formula. i cant stand waterproof mascaras already. the light removers bother my eyes, i dont think im up to trying a heavy duty one. i rather clean raccoon eyes per hour (which i dont, with regular mascara) than to go through the pain of getting WP mascara off and swollen eyes the next day!

I've checked out the Butter ones and sad to say, they weren't as great in person as I was hoping. I didn't like the wand or the formula much, especially for the price.

False Lashes has a non-waterproof formula - that's the one I used. It didn't get racoony or smear when worn. It just took effort to completely remove. I use the two-phase eye makeup remover from Clarins to take it off - it's tough on makeup but really gentle on your eyes and delicate eye skin, but I bet the MAC cleanse off oil would be the best. I just get a little lazy with my nighttime cleaning and would rather use my general cream makeup remover for everything rather than an eye makeup remover plus a face one. I still like the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman the best - the color was strong and super easy to clean.

Tahlia

Oooh, sounds pretty. I can't wait til these come out!

MRV

girlhaha.gif

I'm the opposite - I don't budge if they budge.
girlhaha.gif
ATM I'm using a RMK mascara, but I think I might test the False Lashes WP next.

erine1881

The new brushes Nov 14th - MSO INTERNATIONAL - Jan PERMANENT All synthetic hairs Linear 1 brush-$25 - eye liner, brows, lipliner Oval 3 brush-$32 - shadow, concealer, powder Oval 6 brush-$42 - powder, foundation PRO DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY

erine1881

False Lashes Dec 26th - All Locations INTERNATIONAL - Feb (optional) LE False Black Plum Reserve Blue Charge Counterfeit Brown Artificial Aubergine PRO DISCOUNT APPLIES