MAC - Euristocrats II Discussion

dreamer246

Sorry I didn't have time to take pics. Been really busy lately.

I did snoop around my stash though, I didn't see any lippie that's similar to London Life. I compared it with my plum/berry lippies Viva Glam VI and Capricious, but they were both much more brown than London Life.

There is absolutely NO brown at all in London Life, it's kinda like a red-toned berry color, but its primarily a berry color (hence I didn't bother comparing it to red lippies).

Hope I helped!
winks.gif

TISH1124

Winnie!!! My Fun, Fun #2 and Razzledazzler arrived today.......Thank you!!! I find that RD is a more wearable Costa Chic ....CC w/o the frosty frost going on...I am so glad I got it ....Thank you again!!!

jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Sorry I didn't have time to take pics. Been really busy lately.

I did snoop around my stash though, I didn't see any lippie that's similar to London Life. I compared it with my plum/berry lippies Viva Glam VI and Capricious, but they were both much more brown than London Life.

There is absolutely NO brown at all in London Life, it's kinda like a red-toned berry color, but its primarily a berry color (hence I didn't bother comparing it to red lippies).

Hope I helped!
winks.gif

Thank you anyway, no worries you've helped me even without pics.
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Tish: So I shouldn't be too bumped that I haven't gotten Costa Chic yet? Since you said it's similar to RD. That makes me feel better. Post a lip swatch soon!
greengrin.gif
I wonder if you're going to keep both, or give one to your mother.
sneaky.gif

Btw I love your smiley that is holding a dozen lippies. I need that one too! Plus another one that is carrying loads of blushes.
cutey.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Tish: So I shouldn't be too bumped that I haven't gotten Costa Chic yet? Since you said it's similar to RD. That makes me feel better. Post a lip swatch soon!
greengrin.gif
I wonder if you're going to keep both, or give one to your mother.
sneaky.gif

Btw I love your smiley that is holding a dozen lippies. I need that one too! Plus another one that is carrying loads of blushes.
cutey.gif

yeah My lippies are insane...My Mommy bought me diamond hoop earrings this week for no reason other than she wanted to ...so you bet your ass she is getting the other lipstick and anything else she wants to grab out of my stash!!
yes.gif
I will try to do a swatch tomorrow or Thursday

shontay07108

I always feared costa chic would look really funky on me. I have full lips and I don't need colors seeping into my lip lines and making me look like a muppet baby (that's what I think of when I wear a funky shade). Swatching it at mac made me physically gag, but I may give it another try. It seems everyone and their grandma had their hands on the sample.

Just wanna say london life is my fave lippie of the bunch. It is so gorgeous and pigmented for a lustre. I love the shimmer in it. Just love.
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

^^ Yeah it is not a shade I will reach for much to be honest...something about it just requires a lot of work to make it look right...Lippies should not require a lot of work IMO

MAC_Fafinette14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I always feared costa chic would look really funky on me. I have full lips and I don't need colors seeping into my lip lines and making me look like a muppet baby (that's what I think of when I wear a funky shade). Swatching it at mac made me physically gag, but I may give it another try. It seems everyone and their grandma had their hands on the sample.

Just wanna say london life is my fave lippie of the bunch. It is so gorgeous and pigmented for a lustre. I love the shimmer in it. Just love.
greengrin.gif

I've been wearing London Life the past few days in a row, and it's so damn versatile! It looks good with On Display or Rich & Ripe, and I'm excited to see how it'll pair with New Berry.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
^^ Yeah it is not a shade I will reach for much to be honest...something about it just requires a lot of work to make it look right...Lippies should not require a lot of work IMO

You're right. Lippies should not require a lot of work. It should be the simplest part of your routine, IMO. Brave New Bronze requires work for it to look good on me. It's pretty when I get it to work, but I definitely don't reach for it often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Fafinette14
I've been wearing London Life the past few days in a row, and it's so damn versatile! It looks good with On Display or Rich & Ripe, and I'm excited to see how it'll pair with New Berry.

I may need a back up of london life. I wore it like mad when this collection came out, but then I moved on to other colors. A few days ago I put this puppy on and fell in love again. It's all I want to wear right now. This might be the first lipstick I finish in my life. LOL

dreamer246

Quote:

I disagree, bold lippies require a lot of work too, but that doesn't mean we should neglect them.

TISH1124

^^ Bold Lippies do not require a lot of work for me.....Frosty or orange/brown tone lippies do however...I can rock a neutral eye and a bold lip like Hot Pink, Red etc...very easily...I wore a dark red almost black bold lip in my avatar pic the past weekend with very little of anything else on my face and I got so many compliments... But it's okay for you to disagree for your own reason...But I will not spend a lot of time making a lipstick work for ME....just not MY thing.

dreamer246

I think it's because we have different skintones... I can wear corals/oranges fairly easily. Brown is ok too, as long as it's not too brown. Red requires more effort to wear though, because it's a very outstanding shade, plus it is not a color that young people here wear, so you'll get a lot of stares. Extremely purple or dark shades are challenging too. I'm referring to usability for day makeup, because I hardly venture out at night.

TISH1124

^I agree...That is why I was speaking of myself personally...Because a lot of people rock CC easily...But in the US from young to old...day or night...Bold lips are acceptable and worn daily....I have a friend who only wears Bold red lips and she is a Corp Executive...it is her trademark look...If I ever saw her with a nude lip I would probably faint...But Red Bold lips suit her so well so I see why she sports them all the time...I think times are different and all looks are acceptable if worn correctly...But I am not sure of Intl countries....I think that is why Style Black is such a popular Collection

dreamer246

That is great. Usually the people who wear red lips here are middle aged or older women. Either that, or there's a connotation with hookers or sexual vibes. At least that's how I perceive society to be. I'm talking about bold red lipstick, the sort like Russian Red or Dubonnet, and not lustre reds which are definitely very sheer and wearable.

TISH1124

^^ Wow....cultures are different....Ruby Woo, Russian red type colors are a everyday lip in the US from 18 to 99 (even younger for some HS girls)

sapnap

Quote:
That is great. Usually the people who wear red lips here are middle aged or older women. Either that, or there's a connotation with hookers or sexual vibes. At least that's how I perceive society to be. I'm talking about bold red lipstick, the sort like Russian Red or Dubonnet, and not lustre reds which are definitely very sheer and wearable.

I agree!! The MA's here always say tht the red lippies make me look older and to try something else! I am scared to wear a bold red lippie and go out here in SIngapore, even at night! cos u usually see the hooker types wear em
ssad.gif

sapnap

Quote:
^^ Wow....cultures are different....Ruby Woo, Russian red type colors are a everyday lip in the US from 18 to 99 (even younger for some HS girls)

yea i keep readin tht a lot of people used RR in their HS days!! the most I wud wear is probably Rue D Rouge.. actually am super wary of even wearing bright pinks. I dont own even ONE bright pink lippie!

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
I agree!! The MA's here always say tht the red lippies make me look older and to try something else! I am scared to wear a bold red lippie and go out here in SIngapore, even at night! cos u usually see the hooker types wear em
ssad.gif

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm wary of wearing red l/s too, because everytime I do, I get LOTS of stares from strangers, especially if I wear my Russian Red lippie. Not a good vibe at all. But still, that won't put me off wearing red l/s when I'm up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
yea i keep readin tht a lot of people used RR in their HS days!! the most I wud wear is probably Rue D Rouge.. actually am super wary of even wearing bright pinks. I dont own even ONE bright pink lippie!

I do wear bright pinks, and I get stares too but not as much as when I'm wearing red. I think purple lipstick is another taboo here. Have you seen anybody walking around with purple lips before? Probably not.
tong.gif
And neither have I seen anybody wearing very dark colored lippies.

OT a little, I wore Electro (orange) l/s the other day with Icescape l/g layered over it, and it looked hot.
winks.gif
I'm lucky that I can wear bold lips fairly easily, but unfortunately I'm still somewhat restrained by societal norms.