MAC Extra Dimension discussion

martiangurll

Can anyone tell me how they apply their Extra Dimension eyeshadows? I keep getting fallout.... Any suggestions????
What I have tried and had moderate success with is using Fix to apply them wet/foiled. I hear Visine works just as well as fix. I have read using either a Big Bounce e/s from teh MAC collection or using Fyriannae pixie epoxy primer both work as well if you have either of those. HTH

nunu

How are you guys using the skin finishes? Do you apply them using a brush? I find that they don't show up easily when applied with a brush. Help!

xasperadastra

How are you guys using the skin finishes? Do you apply them using a brush? I find that they don't show up easily when applied with a brush. Help!
I use my beloved 188... or even fingers (although I know it's wrong, can ruin the product but it's so easy!) The final effect is dainty anyway.. but lovely IMO!

martiangurll

It helps to have a stiff brush. Too soft of a bristle and not enough color payoff IMHO.

liba

i use the slanted, split fiber kabuki brush from Semi-Precious and they look stunning that way!
heart2.gif

Icecaramellatte

I use the 189 or the 165. Both of these brushes were promoted as useful for applying MSFs. Surprisingly, to my knowledge, they have not been repromoted. Is Mac pushing any particular brush for MSFs now? Although both are discontinued, I will give my take on them anyway. Both pick up product pretty well but the 189 picks up the most color out of the two. In fact sometimes I have to be careful not to overdo it with the 189.

PixieDancer

If I use Grand Galaxy as a lid color, what would go good as a crease?
I warm up my crease with texture, then pack GG on my lid, a pretty white inner tear duct shade (Mineral Mode or Dazzlelight works lovely here), and then define the outer V with Shadowy Lady
I let the lid do the work w GG since it's so gorgeous and multi-dimensional. I just use Texture to add some warmth and transition in my crease. Any warm/soft/matte brown would work.
Have fun! GG is one of my favs from this collection!

Mardybum

Hi, so I just got my Rich Core today (there's still some extra dimension shadows here in Sephora online in Brazil) and it looks so purple! Nothing like the swatch from temptalia
I was looking for a red-toned eyeshadow so I was a little disappointed with what I got. How does your Rich Core looks like? Did I got the wrong impression with temptalia's swatch or there's something wrong with mine?

Mardybum

Hi, so I just got my Rich Core today (there's still some extra dimension shadows here in Sephora online in Brazil) and it looks so purple! Nothing like the swatch from temptalia
I was looking for a red-toned eyeshadow so I was a little disappointed with what I got. How does your Rich Core looks like? Did I got the wrong impression with temptalia's swatch or there's something wrong with mine?

Mardybum

Mardybum

Hi, so I just got my Rich Core today (there's still some extra dimension shadows here in Sephora online in Brazil) and it looks so purple, almost like Noir Plum! Nothing like the swatch from temptalia. I was looking for a red-toned eyeshadow so I was a little disappointed with what I got. How does your Rich Core looks like? Did I got the wrong impression with temptalia's swatch or there's something wrong with mine?

liba

Hi, so I just got my Rich Core today (there's still some extra dimension shadows here in Sephora online in Brazil) and it looks so purple, almost like Noir Plum! Nothing like the swatch from temptalia. I was looking for a red-toned eyeshadow so I was a little disappointed with what I got. How does your Rich Core looks like? Did I got the wrong impression with temptalia's swatch or there's something wrong with mine?
Rich Core looks really purple on me too. A lot of reddish rose/mauve colors wind up leaning very purple on me....I think it's because of the darker skin I have naturally around my eyes. You could try it over a base that neutralizes your natural lid color a bit and see if that helps.

OhSoJaded

Rich core is purplish on me, as well. But I bought it because I liked how purple it was ...

ahoythere

Havana and Modern Pewter look AMAAAAAAZING over MUFE Aqua Cream in #2 (Steel)!!!!
It makes a great bronzey taupe color that stayed ALLLLL day!
I thought when I was putting it on in the morning that by the end of the day all that would be left was the Aqua Cream, but to my astonishment the ED shadows had completely adhered to it and still looked lovely. Maybe this will help some of you that are not loving your Havanas......

And for Grand Galaxy, anyone who owns Clue shadow (cool brown with subtle blue sheen), this is a great combo. Clue in the crease is kind of just like a more subtle extension of GG itself so it becomes a really natural smokey eye. Industrial Pearlglide is a great lower lash liner with GG as well.

And I am still loving Dark dare! Looks great smoked out over black liner with Neo Nebula on the lids.

Mardybum

Rich Core looks really purple on me too. A lot of reddish rose/mauve colors wind up leaning very purple on me....I think it's because of the darker skin I have naturally around my eyes. You could try it over a base that neutralizes your natural lid color a bit and see if that helps.
Well thanks girls,but have you seen the swatch on temptalia? mac_richcore005.jpg http://www.temptalia.com/mac-extra-dimension-eyeshadows-reviews-photos-swatches-part-2#more-33801 have anyone got the same color as christine? I loved the swatch, I was looking for an eyeshadow just like that :(