MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
"Ask and you shall receive." ;)
Can't wait.
drools.gif

MRV

I thought the colors were a huge yawn too. I guess it proved to me that no matter how gorgeous a texture, I still want a really cool color too or it's a no go.
Hopefully these will be very similar, but I'm assuming they won't be the exact same texture, since I remember Her Greyness mentioning the EL products get patented only for EL. - maybe they license the formula internally from Estee Lauder over to MAC, but they don't just share it for nothing under one company umbrella. I figure it'll only be exactly the same if they do this, otherwise it'll be similar but with some difference or another. I wouldn't mind if they had a little more sheerness to them than the Cybereyes did (more like the sheerness of the crushed metals), but I know most people like lots of pigmentation.
I would not mind this either. I was wearing the other day a smoky eye with Paul and Joe's Cat Collection e/s, and I thought that it was a great 'adult' smoky eye! (Japanese e/s are often sheerer and water-y).

SNJx

Really like the sound of the white gold colour msf. The MES sound really pretty too, I love the texture of the EL cyber eyes e/s so if these are anything like them I'll love them too! :)

makeupgrrl

This collection is awesome and the colors are absolutely gorgeous! This is one of the collections I am most excited about this Spring.

bis

I thought the colors were a huge yawn too. I guess it proved to me that no matter how gorgeous a texture, I still want a really cool color too or it's a no go. Hopefully these will be very similar, but I'm assuming they won't be the exact same texture, since I remember Her Greyness mentioning the EL products get patented only for EL. - maybe they license the formula internally from Estee Lauder over to MAC, but they don't just share it for nothing under one company umbrella. I figure it'll only be exactly the same if they do this, otherwise it'll be similar but with some difference or another. I wouldn't mind if they had a little more sheerness to them than the Cybereyes did (more like the sheerness of the crushed metals), but I know most people like lots of pigmentation.
I would not mind them a bit sheerer than the EL Cyber Eyes, I have one and it's very pigmented.

martiangurll

Extra Dimension eye shadows

Warm Thunder- mid-tone silver grey
Blue Orbit- light iridescent purple
Grand Galaxy- mid-tone violet
Lunar- royal blue
Havanna- mid tone copper brown
Sweet Heat- bright peach champagne
modern pewter mode-tone olive gold
Rich Core-mid tone aubergine
Dark Dare-charcoal black
Young Venus-pale white pink

Extra Dimension skinfinish
Whisper Of Gilt- light soft white gold with shimmery sheen
Superb- Soft peach nude with Multi dimensional shimmer
Glorify- Copper golden shimmer

These sound like they will most likely make my not so short list. So glad we have a color story!

Pinkdollface

The MSFs all sound a bit warm toned for my preference, however I may have to grab the 128 brush! After it sold out last year, I regretted not getting one.
I also regretted not getting it so i might do the same!
I like the sound of some of the shadows and the white gold msf sounds great as well.

Latest posts