MAC Extra Dimension discussion

OctoberViolet

jawdrop.gif
Tx you paparazziboy!! You just cheered me up.

Extra Dimension eye shadows

Warm Thunder- mid-tone silver grey
Blue Orbit- light iridescent purple
Grand Galaxy- mid-tone violet
Lunar- royal blue
Havanna- mid tone copper brown
Sweet Heat- bright peach champagne
modern pewter mode-tone olive gold
Rich Core-mid tone aubergine
Dark Dare-charcoal black
Young Venus-pale white pink

Extra Dimension skinfinish
Whisper Of Gilt- light soft white gold with shimmery sheen
Superb- Soft peach nude with Multi dimensional shimmer
Glorify- Copper golden shimmer

128 split fiber brush
234 slip fiber brush

Richelle83

I got all excited with the new skinfinishes but really need to see them before I get excited again lol. Cannot wait for the eye shadows though!!

ladyarwen

Extra Dimension eye shadows

Warm Thunder- mid-tone silver grey
Blue Orbit- light iridescent purple
Grand Galaxy- mid-tone violet
Lunar- royal blue
Havanna- mid tone copper brown
Sweet Heat- bright peach champagne
modern pewter mode-tone olive gold
Rich Core-mid tone aubergine
Dark Dare-charcoal black
Young Venus-pale white pink

Extra Dimension skinfinish
Whisper Of Gilt- light soft white gold with shimmery sheen
Superb- Soft peach nude with Multi dimensional shimmer
Glorify- Copper golden shimmer

128 split fiber brush
234 slip fiber brush

Maaaaan, I was all prepared to totally skip this collection since I thought that the shadows were cream instead of powder. Now it looks like I'll be getting several of them. *le sigh*

SatelliteDrmr

The MSFs all sound a bit warm toned for my preference, however I may have to grab the 128 brush! After it sold out last year, I regretted not getting one.

rockin

Do you know if the brushes are being made permanent this time around?

There are maybe 4 or 5 eyeshadows I'm interested in getting, pending swatches of course.

liba

Lunar- royal blue

Ohgodddd! The ONE single color that I've been waiting since the 80's to come back is royal purple, which I figure hasn't been around all these years because some pigment isn't available any more or got banned by the FDA, etc. I hope this'll either be close or will open the door to a real royal purple down the road.

for reference!

singer82

These sound amazing!! As do the colors. Thanks again Paparazziboy! It really helps to know what coming up so we can make our lists accordingly!
bouquet.gif

honybr

Thanks paparazziboy! Finally a collection that is really grabbing my attention. I wanted to try Estee Lauder's cyber eyes but the colors bored me. Of course I need another shadow like a hole in my head, but I digress. The olive gold one is as good as mine.

liba

Thanks paparazziboy! Finally a collection that is really grabbing my attention. I wanted to try Estee Lauder's cyber eyes but the colors bored me. Of course I need another shadow like a hole in my head, but I digress. The olive gold one is as good as mine.
I thought the colors were a huge yawn too. I guess it proved to me that no matter how gorgeous a texture, I still want a really cool color too or it's a no go.

Hopefully these will be very similar, but I'm assuming they won't be the exact same texture, since I remember Her Greyness mentioning the EL products get patented only for EL. - maybe they license the formula internally from Estee Lauder over to MAC, but they don't just share it for nothing under one company umbrella. I figure it'll only be exactly the same if they do this, otherwise it'll be similar but with some difference or another. I wouldn't mind if they had a little more sheerness to them than the Cybereyes did (more like the sheerness of the crushed metals), but I know most people like lots of pigmentation.

QueenOfSnark

Nice to see some updated info! Modern Pewter is definitely a day 1 purchase. Warm Thunder may be if it's indeed a warm grey. I've never been one for MSFs but I might get one of these new ones...Glorify sounds right up my alley (if it doesn't pull orange).

Mac-Guy

I thought the colors were a huge yawn too. I guess it proved to me that no matter how gorgeous a texture, I still want a really cool color too or it's a no go.
Hopefully these will be very similar, but I'm assuming they won't be the exact same texture, since I remember Her Greyness mentioning the EL products get patented only for EL. - maybe they license the formula internally from Estee Lauder over to MAC, but they don't just share it for nothing under one company umbrella. I figure it'll only be exactly the same if they do this, otherwise it'll be similar but with some difference or another. I wouldn't mind if they had a little more sheerness to them than the Cybereyes did (more like the sheerness of the crushed metals), but I know most people like lots of pigmentation.
This would be great!