MAC EXTRA DIMENSION EXTENSIONS FOR SUMMER 2017 (April 6th)

Seven Of Nine

I got today Wrapped Candy. Reminds me Animal Instincts blush.
Pics with flash and without flash.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

I also want Into the Pink and Hard to Get.

Corally

View attachment 59493

glow with it vs superb on nc15/20 skin (sorry i have no idea why pic is sideways)

I was going to skip GWI but I think it will make a nice neutral blush! So I might get it. Also not as metallic as the blushes imo. The more swatches I see of the blushes the more I am convinced I will never use them because they're so metallic lol.

elegant-one

I ordered quite a few, but got distracted by other things so I haven't played with them. But the swatches--oh my! Definitely tempted because it looks like even the deeper shades can be worn sheerly

:) I'm so curious as to what you think of them personally. I am a bit scared that they will be to shimmery on me. I'm so into the natural look right now with my makeup

boschicka

They aren't shimmery on the cheeks. I think they're similar to the NARS Dual-intensity blushes in concept & application.

patentg33k

:) I'm so curious as to what you think of them personally. I am a bit scared that they will be to shimmery on me. I'm so into the natural look right now with my makeup
I am wearing Into the Pink. This will not give you a natural look. The texture isn't refined to do so, and they have a duochrome effect when the light hits it. This one is quite shimmery.

boschicka

I've tested Wrapped in Candy, Hard to Get, and Sweets for My Sweet so far and none of them look weird on the cheeks. They look like normal blush. Wrapped in Candy and Hard to Get gave a natural looking flush, while Sweets for My Sweet was a more bubblegum pink on me.

I admit I'm a little more afraid for what Rosy Cheeks will look like on. That one is looking like it will definitely be less natural than the rest. I'll try it tomorrow.

mac_aiken

Glow with It is definitely going back. Too dark. Too red. No. Just No. I love the blushes (Cheeky Bits and In the Pink). I will definitely pick up at least one or two more.

elegant-one

I am wearing Into the Pink. This will not give you a natural look. The texture isn't refined to do so, and they have a duochrome effect when the light hits it. This one is quite shimmery.

I've tested Wrapped in Candy, Hard to Get, and Sweets for My Sweet so far and none of them look weird on the cheeks. They look like normal blush. Wrapped in Candy and Hard to Get gave a natural looking flush, while Sweets for My Sweet was a more bubblegum pink on me.

I admit I'm a little more afraid for what Rosy Cheeks will look like on. That one is looking like it will definitely be less natural than the rest. I'll try it tomorrow.

Glow with It is definitely going back. Too dark. Too red. No. Just No. I love the blushes (Cheeky Bits and In the Pink). I will definitely pick up at least one or two more.

:flowers: Thank you guys so much for all of your great information! :heart: I think I will order 2 & see how I like them. The no makeup makeup look is where I'm at in makeup land right now, but I'm open to a touch of these because they look like such beautiful shades.

elegant-one

I really like the look of Sweets for My Sweets. It was my first choice when I saw them. Thank you dear!

Last edited:

mollyv6

I actually really love Glow With It although I'm yellow toned so it gives me a nice bronze color with hints of plum. Temptalia posted a review and I think it looks nice on her, too. I thought I'd get Superb but it was too metallic for my taste. I already have Estée Lauder's Modern Mercury which seems similar to Superb yet not as metallic.

I plan to also get Cheeky Bits and Telling Glow when that hits online.

LavenderPearl

Swatched Glow With It today... as I thought, it is similar to Magnetic Appeal. Thus, it will be coming home with me at some point :D

Shars

Swatched Glow With It today... as I thought, it is similar to Magnetic Appeal. Thus, it will be coming home with me at some point :D

Ooooh Magnetic Appeal was one I passed on and regretted. I can't wait to swatch these for myself.

LavenderPearl

[MENTION=96587]Shars[/MENTION]

It is not exactly the same as MA... I didn't bring mine with me as I wasn't expecting to stop at MAC, but it's a bit darker and maybe more bronze/reddish? But definitely more in the same vein than Shaft of Gold was for sure. I think you will like it!
If you ever can manage to snag MA, go for it. It is my favorite natural highlighter of all time. When I wear it, people think the glow is coming from my radiant personality LOL :bronzecup::p

Kaidan

Just Superb for me. I always thought that one was prettier than WoG. The blushes look really nice, especially Just a Pinch and Into The Pink, but I'm not sure if any of them are neutral enough because they all look quite bold. My favorite of the blushes was At Dusk.

Seven Of Nine

Help ! ;)
What to choose? Hushed Tone, Faux Sure! or Hard to Get??
(I already I have Wrapped Candy and Fairly Precious )

elegant-one

I got to see & swatch everything today. The blushes are really pretty in person. They are soft & glowy. I was surprised that my 2 favorite shades were Wrapped Candy - a beautiful in from the cold flush shade & Rosy Cheeks - like a slightly more glam Salsa Rose & was very very pretty on my skin. I think I'm also going to get Hard To Get because it makes a gorgeous eye shadow.

I really loved the new powder. It was soft & diffusing & seemed slightly glowy & was beautiful & extremely soft. I tried light plus & it was perfect. The light seemed too pale/chalky which was a surprise. She gave me a sample of the NTNFC in light. I tried it when I got home but I didn't really notice any "luminosity" or much change to my skin. I used my fingers & she told me I shouldn't so I'll try it again with a brush to see if that makes any difference.

Rinstar

Stopped in to see these and shockingly didn't buy anything.... the counter was so busy and I stood there for about 10 minutes without anyone getting around to asking what I needed, so I left. I may order Rosy Cheeks and I did like Wrapped Candy too (same as you Elegant!).
One of the MAs that walked by me had the most gorgeous highlight on, I had to ask what it was. She mixed Oh Darling and Doublegleam (not from this collection, from a little bit ago when they released those duo chrome like EDSFs)... It was so beautiful, I think I want Doublegleam now.

elegant-one

Stopped in to see these and shockingly didn't buy anything.... the counter was so busy and I stood there for about 10 minutes without anyone getting around to asking what I needed, so I left. I may order Rosy Cheeks and I did like Wrapped Candy too (same as you Elegant!).
One of the MAs that walked by me had the most gorgeous highlight on, I had to ask what it was. She mixed Oh Darling and Doublegleam (not from this collection, from a little bit ago when they released those duo chrome like EDSFs)... It was so beautiful, I think I want Doublegleam now.

:tee: That's funny we liked the same 2! Not good that you couldn't get any help. So you didn't get to try the new powder?

VixenwithFixens

I got to see & swatch everything today. The blushes are really pretty in person. They are soft & glowy. I was surprised that my 2 favorite shades were Wrapped Candy - a beautiful in from the cold flush shade & Rosy Cheeks - like a slightly more glam Salsa Rose & was very very pretty on my skin. I think I'm also going to get Hard To Get because it makes a gorgeous eye shadow.
I really loved the new powder. It was soft & diffusing & seemed slightly glowy & was beautiful & extremely soft. I tried light plus & it was perfect. The light seemed too pale/chalky which was a surprise. She gave me a sample of the NTNFC in light. I tried it when I got home but I didn't really notice any "luminosity" or much change to my skin. I used my fingers & she told me I shouldn't so I'll try it again with a brush to see if that makes any difference.

Do you think one needs both WC & RC? I've been obsessed for 2 days on what to get! Hushed Tone & Hard to Get are calling me too, but I'm leaning more towards HTG. I'm NC42 and some of these don't look like they will show up on me.

Latest posts