MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

mango13

I got my warm palette quite some time ago now, and I have to say that it's gotten plenty of use. I haven't hit pan on anything, but when I'm going away for a few days it's easy to throw in my makeup bag and I know that I can use it with either a bold or neutral lip - I can easily pack for a week away with this and a nude, orange and red lipstick and be good to go!
That's awesome! It's great to hear that the palette is so useful. When I first saw the palette I thought it looked like it would be great for traveling! What were your go to eyeshadows before this palette?

ginestra213

Do you have a problem with Dance in the Dark applying as a lid color or as a crease color or both? I was just going to use it a crease color... so one out of 15 isn't so bad, but I wish MAC would have made all the shades the same quality.
I had problems using it as an all-over lid color, crease was fine if I used a nice fluffy blending brush. I had best results using primer on the lid, then dusting a face powder on top, then applying the shadow. It was definitely better then, but still a bit "eh." To me it wasn't a big deal, just slightly annoying :)

mango13

I was very interested in these palettes when they came out, but personally I've sworn off premade palettes!

In the new extra big z palette I can fit 35 mac eyeshadows, both the permanent ones (with the attached magnet) and the limited edition ones (with the z-palette sticker thingies) adhere to it and I can move around or organize them however I want. Plus I have a small zpalette where I can fit a few eyeshadows and a blush if I am travelling.

So I bet that it depends on what you would use and your preferences. Me? No way!
I love pre-made palettes, but each shade included in it must appeal to me. I prefer to keep my shadows in their pots(convenience/ocd). lol

mango13

I have the warm palette. I have not used every shade yet, and the ones I have used I have no complains about. Since I have so much stuff none of my eyeshadows/blushes/lippies are actually used regularly or overshadowed, so I can't comment about that. Regardless, I think it's a good purchase.
I had no doubt in my mind about buying it until I bought the Naked 3 and I've really been loving it. The shadows are just so smooth, buttery and pigmented and that's when I started wondering if the Warm Neutral palette would be worth buying. I have a pretty well refined collection and in general everything gets pretty good usage... so I'm trying to predict what's coming in 2015 eyshadow wise... Naked 4, Extra Dimension x 15... I just don't want to buy it and rarely use it... idk decisions...decisions... lol

mango13

I had problems using it as an all-over lid color, crease was fine if I used a nice fluffy blending brush. I had best results using primer on the lid, then dusting a face powder on top, then applying the shadow. It was definitely better then, but still a bit "eh." To me it wasn't a big deal, just slightly annoying :)
At least it's workable. Just one of those typical dry MAC shadows! I always use eyeshadow primer, but I've never tried applying a face powder over it. Thank you for the tips!

I like Naked 3 so much I've been thinking about picking up Naked 1!!! I will definitely get Naked 4 if it comes out unless it's super cool toned. I'm really excited to see what 2015 brings!!!
If you enjoy warms tones deffff get Naked 1. It is sooooo worth the money. I really want naked 3.

MRV

I had no doubt in my mind about buying it until I bought the Naked 3 and I've really been loving it. The shadows are just so smooth, buttery and pigmented and that's when I started wondering if the Warm Neutral palette would be worth buying. I have a pretty well refined collection and in general everything gets pretty good usage... so I'm trying to predict what's coming in 2015 eyshadow wise... Naked 4, Extra Dimension x 15... I just don't want to buy it and rarely use it... idk decisions...decisions... lol
I wish we could know what's coming out in 2015! The only UD palette I have is Naked 1 and I have hardly used it. N2 is cool and N3 pinky/rosy (no-no for me) so I have never wanted to get them.

Barbie1

I got this for christmas for myself its called SHANY ilookbookpro

I couldnt be happier great color variety.Neutral tones bore me I prefer color.

71oLSc33qeL._SX522_.jpg
it is designed like a laptop it looks like one almost
$_35.JPG

They have other ones too in different colors probably more neutral shades on shany's cosmetic website.They have a nude , cosmopolitan the pink one and smoky ilookbookpro sets below.I got the pro set because it has all these colors in the set plus the pro was the set to get since it was sold out in most stores this year.It comes with brushes too.It looks like a laptop but its really makeup how cute / fun.

sh-eyebook-02__1.jpg
sh-eyebook-01__1.jpg

sh-eyebook-03__1.jpg

makeupmaiiden

I wish they would come out with a neutral palette with both warm and cool colors. neutral nudes? I'd be so down! And I'm really not a big fan of shany at all. They're no match to MAC, thats for sure

Barbie1

They have a neutral palette its just called the ilookbook nude . I posted the pic but it wont show up anymore .I dont like MAC products I dont buy them I think their cheap quality and over hyped when it reality its just brand name makeup with nothing to offer.I never liked MAC personally .I have money to buy it I just dont care for it.I dont care what brand makeup is as long as its high quality.I have bought all the designer top brand names for makeup and other not so well known brands and many of the ones you may not know of actually are better quality.Top brands can get away with selling makeup for an expensive price with a shit product because they always have a following of people who dont know any better.

Shany actually makes really good makeup I first heard about them because of the ilookbookpro and I have yet to see anyone come out with the eyeshadow kit of the year for 2014 other than SHANY. You cant even buy the pro set because everyone already got it for christmas this year its sold out I had to look at other sites just to get mine. SHANYS official website doesnt carry it anymore they just have the illookbooks instead of the pro.I literally just got mine delivered in the mail today it looks really nice I was happy with it.It is an awesome makeup gift.It looks like a laptop high quality and the keys are filled with eyeshadow , and blush and face powders its high quality people.Highly recommend this product for the eyeshadow / makeup lover this year I couldnt be happier with this product.I cant stop looking at it I'am super excited I bought this before it sold out / went on backorder.Its a really big set too.

mango13

If you enjoy warms tones deffff get Naked 1. It is sooooo worth the money. I really want naked 3.
I been thinking about it and haven't gotten it yet because I have a few similar bronzey toned shadows, but no actual dupes so I may cave in soon! If you love mauvy/rosy tones you will love Naked 3!

mango13

I wish we could know what's coming out in 2015! The only UD palette I have is Naked 1 and I have hardly used it. N2 is cool and N3 pinky/rosy (no-no for me) so I have never wanted to get them.
I wonder if there will be a Naked palette with olive tones or reddish browns?

mango13

And I'm really not a big fan of shany at all. They're no match to MAC, thats for sure
I think that may happen sooner or later... Especially, if they start putting out more x15 pre-made palettes. I so excited to see what they will put out next year!

mango13

They have a neutral palette its just called the ilookbook nude . I posted the pic but it wont show up anymore .I dont like MAC products I dont buy them I think their cheap quality and over hyped when it reality its just brand name makeup with nothing to offer.I never liked MAC personally .I have money to buy it I just dont care for it.I dont care what brand makeup is as long as its high quality.I have bought all the designer top brand names for makeup and other not so well known brands and many of the ones you may not know of actually are better quality.Top brands can get away with selling makeup for an expensive price with a shit product because they always have a following of people who dont know any better.

Shany actually makes really good makeup I first heard about them because of the ilookbookpro and I have yet to see anyone come out with the eyeshadow kit of the year for 2014 other than SHANY. You cant even buy the pro set because everyone already got it for christmas this year its sold out I had to look at other sites just to get mine. SHANYS official website doesnt carry it anymore they just have the illookbooks instead of the pro.
I disagree, I don't think MAC products are over hyped or of a poor quality. Their permanent eyeshadows are phenomenal! They are so pigmented, buttery and easy to work with... I only have one eyeshadow from an LE collection that takes a lot of work... not to mention their awesome lipsticks, blushes, glosses and fix+. When you pay more for a particular brand you're not just paying for the name you're paying for the better quality ingridients/where it's made. If a particular item is made in Canada/France/US/Italy it's obviously going to cost more than something made in China... but at the end of the day everyone chooses what's right for them.

I been thinking about it and haven't gotten it yet because I have a few similar bronzey toned shadows, but no actual dupes so I may cave in soon! If you love mauvy/rosy tones you will love Naked 3!
Honestly, I've never tried rosy/mauve tones on my eyes. I'd hope to think it would show up on my medium skin tone.

Barbie1

Rosy / mauve is for pale / fair skin not medium skin tones it doesnt look good on that it doesnt look good on tanned skin .It would wash you out.

Monsy

I am pale and rosy tones look awful on my eyes. I look tired and sick.
on the other hand rosy like in naked palette 3 looks amazing on medium warm skin tones

Latest posts