MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

mango13

Honestly, I've never tried rosy/mauve tones on my eyes. I'd hope to think it would show up on my medium skin tone.
You should definitely give it a try! Maybe you will really like them! I think they can suit A LOT of skin tones. Before I bought Naked 3 I watched a lot of youtube reviews and it looked great on all skin tones.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I am pale and rosy tones look awful on my eyes. I look tired and sick. 
You're more on the NC side of things (more yellow undertones), right? So that would make sense. Rosy tones don't always work for me either. One reason why I never bought Naked 3. (That, and almost all the colours, except for the last two, looked very samey, to me.) And anyhoo, I've gone off pre-made palettes. Not really for me. I prefer building my own. :nods:

erine1881

Honestly, I've never tried rosy/mauve tones on my eyes. I'd hope to think it would show up on my medium skin tone.
I am pale and rosy tones look awful on my eyes. I look tired and sick.  on the other hand rosy like in naked palette 3 looks amazing on medium warm skin tones 
You should definitely give it a try! Maybe you will really like them! I think they can suit A LOT of skin tones. Before I bought Naked 3 I watched a lot of youtube reviews and it looked great on all skin tones. 
I'm with monsy and mango. They could definitely work on your skin tone. You just need to find the right intensity and colour. There's so many different ranges of these colours that theres bound to be some that will work on you. Saying a straight up "NO! They'll wash you out" is absurd!

I'm with monsy and mango. They could definitely work on your skin tone. You just need to find the right intensity and colour. There's so many different ranges of these colours that theres bound to be some that will work on you. Saying a straight up "NO! They'll wash you out" is absurd!
Thank you! I think I'll start saving up for it now. Or maybe ask for it for Christmas :)

Yazmin

Rosy / mauve is for pale / fair skin not medium skin tones it doesnt look good on that it doesnt look good on tanned skin .It would wash you out.
You clearly have some strong opinions, but I perceive you to have an "it's all or nothing!" mindset. All cosmetic lines have their stars and their duds and certainly not a one size fits all. I love some things that others dislike and vice versa. Hate MAC all you want - just means more for us. But there's an undertone of beratement for others who do enjoy the brand that's uncalled for.

I think a flat out blanket statement such as the one you made above are inaccurate. It's like saying light beige/nude shades will never work for deeper skin tones. It's a crock of shit, because I see ladies here on Specktra with deeper skin tones that can rock the hell out of nude lippie, that I personally can not, but I know better than say that no WOC could do it. Like erine1881 said about, it's about finding the right colour, shade, range, etc. It can be done it just come down to whether you want to explore it for yourself.

Monsy

And anyhoo, I've gone off pre-made palettes. Not really for me. I prefer building my own.
yes.gif
Yes I am very yellow. Nc 15/20

I am more yellow than I appear and I have dark brown eyes.

mango13

I just ordered neutral cool palette and I've noticed price went down to 85$
What?! Oh, well I've really been enjoying my warm palette since I got it a few weeks ago. Hope you love yours! I'd love to see swatches I never swatched the cool one because I generally don't lean towards cool toned shadows, but some of those look really nice... I keep looking at swatches of French Clay... but then again it's probably way more cool toned in person, so it may not be that great for me anyway.

Monsy

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/2222/28062/Products/Eyes/Eye-Kits-and-Palettes/Eye-Shadow-x15-Warm-Neutral/index.tmpl

Rebecca88

wow! maybe either not selling well? or a lot of people complained about the pricetag! wish i would've known before i did a haul. I hope you enjoy your palette Monsy. Let us know how you find it.

tirurit

Here in my country they are 140€ and the gravitas palette was 154€!

Honestly, I cannot think of an explanation that would justify charging me for the equivalent of 166$ and 182$ respectively! It is double the price in the case of the warm and cool palettes!

Rebecca88

I am wondering what people find of these palettes. Are either of them worth purchasing? Someone commented that the warm neutral has a lot of light and dark shades but not eough midtoned ones. I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same.

mango13

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same.
I've been debating about getting the warm neutral palette since they came out last January and I finally decided to get it a few weeks ago since I wanted to get Saddle and Brule anyway... and I have to say it's so much better than I could have ever imagined!!! I read so many reviews and a lot of people complained about poor pigmentation, dryness and that they are very powdery. I kept my hopes as low as possible but it surpassed my expectations. The shadows are well pigmented, smooth, apply well and are on par with the best MAC shadows. I have very high expectations for shadows and these are definitely awesome. Only Warm Breeze was a bit powdery and has some dust kick-up so I have to be careful when I pick it up. Also, I assumed it would be a peachy color on my lid (NC 15-20) but it looks whitish, however in my inner corned it actually looks pinky/peach. Overall, it's a great palette. I really love it and use it daily. If you have a lot of neutral palettes this one may not stand out all that much, but if you don't then this will be a great addition to your stash. I also I apply the shadows with a flat synthetic shader brush (my favorite for shadows). If you get it let us know what you think!!!

Latest posts