MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

Audrey C

A head's up to the Canadians on the site. There's currently a $10 or $20 off a $100 cosmetics purchase promotion on at the Bay. I got the $20 and just bought the warm palette for my daughter for $79 Canadian. It was too good a deal to pass up.

Rebecca88

Just received my warm palette and custom palette (already tested out some colors from the custom one!)

I'm so excited <3

Rebecca88

eyelove.gif
what colors are in your custom palette?
first row from left to right: shroom, grain, nylon, all that glitters, expensive pink
second row: satin taupe, sketch, cranberry, woodwinked, bronze
third row: club, soft brown, cork, swiss chocolate, embark

I added a lot of matte colors, because I only have the naked palette and dior fairy golds palette. So I really needed some good matte shadows for blending/crease. I also purchased grain and embark especially for my coming wedding make up, planning on doing it myself!

YarahFlower

first row from left to right: shroom, grain, nylon, all that glitters, expensive pink second row: satin taupe, sketch, cranberry, woodwinked, bronze third row: club, soft brown, cork, swiss chocolate, embark I added a lot of matte colors, because I only have the naked palette and dior fairy golds palette. So I really needed some good matte shadows for blending/crease. I also purchased grain and embark especially for my coming wedding make up, planning on doing it myself!
Thank you for sharing!!! I'm trying to get some ideas for my custom palette, you picked some great colors! And I hope your wedding day is magical ♡♡♡

Rebecca88

Thank you for sharing!!! I'm trying to get some ideas for my custom palette, you picked some great colors! And I hope your wedding day is magical ♡♡♡
You're welcome hon, anytime! I thought long and hard about it, lol! Sounds silly I guess, but 160 dollars is a lot of money, so I wanted it to be just right. I scrambled around with different colors for a couple of months before I purchased and then purchased it all in 1 time.

Thank you so much <3 Still looking for the right foundation for my wedding day, I have combination skin, but in the places where I am oily I am very oily, and then I have places where the skin is normal, and if I use products for combination skin I can become dry/super flaky in those places real fast. So hoping to find the right foundation, fingers crossed.

YarahFlower

You're welcome hon, anytime! I thought long and hard about it, lol! Sounds silly I guess, but 160 dollars is a lot of money, so I wanted it to be just right. I scrambled around with different colors for a couple of months before I purchased and then purchased it all in 1 time. Thank you so much

Rebecca88

I have a question, you guys if you could look at the photo of my custom palette, the eyeshadow club...after using it like 3x it looks a bit weird..I don't know if you can see it. What can cause that? And is it bad? Is it normal? I didn't wet the brush or anything.

javadoo

I love the warm palette-I've seen it at Macy's.
But the thought of spending $85 on an eyeshadow palette is making me a little sick to my stomach...lol
I just don't know if I can do it.

YarahFlower

I have a question, you guys if you could look at the photo of my custom palette, the eyeshadow club...after using it like 3x it looks a bit weird..I don't know if you can see it. What can cause that? And is it bad? Is it normal? I didn't wet the brush or anything.
hard to tell hun :( what's wrong with it?

Rebecca88

I love the warm palette-I've seen it at Macy's.
But the thought of spending $85 on an eyeshadow palette is making me a little sick to my stomach...lol
I just don't know if I can do it.
To me it's like almost half the price if I were to get the 15 eyeshadows by themselves, and because it also has 4 of the permanent colors that I wanted anyway, and I love the rest of the colors a lot. All the colors are colors I would use, also some brands like Dior and Chanel sell palettes consisting of like 5 colors for +$50 dollars, and people still buy them.

So it depends on what you love and what you feel happy and worthy of investing in. If you don't love all the colors, I wouldn't purchase it, even if it was 65 dollars.

Never buy into the hype/because other people find it a great deal <3

YarahFlower

I love the warm palette-I've seen it at Macy's. But the thought of spending $85 on an eyeshadow palette is making me a little sick to my stomach...lol I just don't know if I can do it. 
they will last you a long time and the quality is great!

Rebecca88

hard to tell hun
ssad.gif
what's wrong with it?
Do you see the part in the middle with like different colors? The club eyeshadow in the middle looks darker than the rest of the color which looks kind of dark green.

It looks like little stubs? Is that normal? And if not what can cause that in an eyeshadow?

YarahFlower

Do you see the part in the middle with like different colors? The club eyeshadow in the middle looks darker than the rest of the color which looks kind of dark green. It looks like little stubs? Is that normal? And if not what can cause that in an eyeshadow?
I've seen it before, usually it's moisture that causes that. weird since you have not used it wet...call CS and tell them you got a faulty product. They will send you another one free of charge. They may have ups pick up the faulty one in exchange for the new one.

Rebecca88

I've seen it before, usually it's moisture that causes that. weird since you have not used it wet...call CS and tell them you got a faulty product. They will send you another one free of charge. They may have ups pick up the faulty one in exchange for the new one.
Thank you so much! Could a dirty brush cause it as well? I am going to be extra careful and make sure my lids are not oily or anything when I use em (not that they are, since I wash my face, prep and prime + paintpot but still).

They;re not big though, and the color comes off well.

Thank you so much hon, I look forward to seeing which colors will end up in your custom palette <3

erine1881

It's not faulty and you dont need a new one. It's from the oils on your skin tranfering to the shadow. Just scrape it off and it'll be fine.

YarahFlower

It's not faulty and you dont need a new one. It's from the oils on your skin tranfering to the shadow. Just scrape it off and it'll be fine.
if she has to continue to scrape of layers every time her oils get into it, won't that waste the product? But what the heck do i know? I'm fairly new to makeup, and you seem quite experienced...

erine1881

if she has to continue to scrape of layers every time her oils get into it, won't that waste the product? But what the heck do i know? I'm fairly new to makeup, and you seem quite experienced...
It happens more often with certain formulas of shadows than with others. Using a clean brush each time with help eliminate the problem, as will blotting the lid with a blot film or powder. Not doing either of these will cause the film to build to continue, and yes, she will have to scrape the layer off as it continues, which will be a minor waste, but not excessive. Using a disposable mascara wand to scrape the layer off will remove just the top film layer, but it won't remove a huge amount to be extremely noticable.

YarahFlower

It happens more often with certain formulas of shadows than with others. Using a clean brush each time with help eliminate the problem, as will blotting the lid with a blot film or powder. Not doing either of these will cause the film to build to continue, and yes, she will have to scrape the layer off as it continues, which will be a minor waste, but not excessive. Using a disposable mascara wand to scrape the layer off will remove just the top film layer, but it won't remove a huge amount to be extremely noticable.
I just bought my first MAC shadows over the weekend so that's great to know! Thank you Erine! :)

Rebecca88

Would I still have to scrape it off, if the colors come off just fine?

Also you mean to wipe off the entire lid/see through lid of the palette? And also around the shadow? or not? (since sometimes you can have 'fall out' around as well)

Latest posts