MAC Face and Body foundation

redambition

Re: Mac Face & Body Foundation

They're on maccosmetics.com.au! I was so surprised when I saw it listed, but it hasn't disappeared. I'm going to have to check if they have it at the Pro store next time I go.

simplyenchantin

^^ Mine seperates too but I just shake it to make it mix back together. I've had it a long while now. My sister in law bought it a few months before I got mine and hers went off months ago, but then she didn't use it very often and I use mine pretty consistently.

Funnily enough my TAFE teacher was talking about it last night, she says they do tend to go off pretty quickly but the packaging says it should last 24 months?

I'd take it back to them and ask them what's going on, mine has lasted me AGES so I'm surprised you've gone through so many bottles
tong.gif

sambibabe

I asked about this when I did my training. The foundation has 2 years of expiration date, so if you bought it recently, then it is definitely not 'off'. Just make sure you shake the bottle and blend really well when you are applying on your face.

Chrystia

This can happen with Face and Body foundation. When it is opened, the air seems to make it separate it a little. This especially seems to be the problem with the opened bottles for my work kit because I don't use them as frequently as my personal bottle. So I purchased the 2oz bottle containers and emptied my face and body foundation into these containers. They are much more airtight than the original FAce and Body container (plus instant back to mac item!). You'll still want to shake before each use, but it did seem to help with the separation.

*K_87*

MAC Face and Body

Hi,

Feels like ages since I've posted on here lol!

I need a new foundation, and was looking to get Face and Body. However, I wanted to know whether you could build it up to give medium-full coverage which I prefer for nights out. Does it look greasy?

Also, if I'm an NC30, what shade should I be looking to get?

TIA.

Mercurial

Can't help on the shade I'm afraid, however I found it wasn't a foundation you could build up without it looking greasy. My skin in combination and although I liked the dewy effect, I couldn't keep adding to the more problem areas without it looking greasy as its quite a light coverage. Powder to set was definitely my friend when I was using this!

LC

Hey, you'd be a C4.

It doesn't build to a medium full coverage, maybe up to medium at most, but it's still my favorite foundation. you can always use a mineralized skin finish natural over top of it to get more coverage and have it still look beautiful.

I've never had a problem with mine looking greasy unless I airbrush it on

*K_87*

Thanks,

After reading some more reviews, I reckon it would act like a TM on my skin, which I do NOT get on with!

*Toddles off back to her studio tech*

voguelamb

I am also after a bottle of Face & Body and I was colour matched recently to N1, even though I preferred the look of C1. For reference I am generally an NC15 - 20 and the MUA suggested that N1 would suit me better, as I have a few blemishes and this would cover them up? i thought it was the other way around? anyway I thought that the N1 was slightly more rosey toned than C1, and i tried to explain to her that i do get the occasional redness etc, but she kept insisting N1, what to do?

Nzsallyb

im a very neutral NC15, and my colour shade is N1. i love this foundation so much! photographs really well

bis

[quote name="Nzsallyb" url="/forum/thread/159454/mac-face-and-body-foundation/30#post_2092744"] im a very neutral NC15, and my colour shade is N1. i love this foundation so much! photographs really well
[/quote] Like Sally I was matched to N1, C1 was too yellow on me. I just wish there was a lighter shade than N1, it still makes my face look a bit darker then the rest of my body.

LC

I am also after a bottle of Face & Body and I was colour matched recently to N1, even though I preferred the look of C1. For reference I am generally an NC15 - 20 and the MUA suggested that N1 would suit me better, as I have a few blemishes and this would cover them up? i thought it was the other way around? anyway I thought that the N1 was slightly more rosey toned than C1, and i tried to explain to her that i do get the occasional redness etc, but she kept insisting N1, what to do?

go with the C1, she was wrong, you were right.

bis

^^ Btw, Karla Sugar has swatches of the F&B to give you an idea: http://karlasugar.net/2008/08/mac-face-body-foundation/

voguelamb

go with the C1, she was wrong, you were right.
Thanks for clarifying! i think since face and body is half the price in the U.S. as it is here in Australia, i might just get both N1 and C1 from the MAC U.S. store and forward it here....

makeupmonster

Does anyone know if this foundation gets darker as it gets older? I swapped for this foundation in N1 recently and it is a good 2-3 shades darker than my NC15/NW15 skin. I know it's going to expire soon (like within the next couple months, knew that going into it) but it's not like gross and separated yet. Has anyone had experience with this happening or does N1 usually run quite a bit darker?