mac face and body

xasperadastra

The US website says they're all limited, so I'm confused. I'll report back when I know something, since if they're LE, I'm going to want to snag Pure Sculpture and Accentuate, along with the extra-groovy Coffee Walnut.
I want Pure sculpture but I'm waiting the launch of Marilyn so I can make a single order!

Fiberluver

I'm still uncertain what to purchase. I also don't have the option of trying them out in person so I have to gamble on mac site.
I think someone mentioned that RH was the safest? I'm NC15 and can't decide on a shade!
I understand that most of the shades can be blended out and made sheer.
Have any NC15'ers out there found a good color that they are happy with?
Perhaps a chat w/MAC artists will help you decide?

Pinkdollface

I was told they're all going to be perm. We didn't double check in the book, though. I'll check when I go back to pick up my goodies.
I also need to check about that here, thanks for the info! I'm interested in CW too now. I had been wondering about it and after the good reviews I think it's a contour colour I would like.

Fiberluver

I finally got to see this collection today. Coffee Walnut is awesome! I'm NC15 and not only was it my favorite, all the MAs agreed it looked the best on me as well. It's very dramatic - definitely gives that Goth/New Romantic look, but it's not unnatural at all. Just pair it with a warm blush and top it with a light dusting of powder if you like and voila! Other shades are nice, but dupeable - not CW! If you have neutral to yellow undertones, it's a winner.

These have a great texture that's different from other cream products. It feels really creamy and moist, but just for a moment, and then it immediately dries down and feels like it's not even there.

The other shades are really nice too - we tried the lightest shade around the jaw line and that was a good look too. Fortunately the contour creams are perm - this way as the skin tone changes with the seasons, you can find new shades to match up.

P.S. I also tried Pure Sculpture and it was more subtle than CW. Also a lot warmer looking. If I didn't feel like I already had something I could dupe it with, I'd have picked it up too.
Liba,

Thanks for the update!

patentg33k

I'm still uncertain what to purchase. I also don't have the option of trying them out in person so I have to gamble on mac site.
I think someone mentioned that RH was the safest? I'm NC15 and can't decide on a shade!
I ordered Pure Sculpture the first day these were released and really like it for my NC15/20. I ordered a few more colors (incl. Richly honed) later and they haven't arrived yet. During my live chat, the MAC rep said RH was really dark and I'd have to blend it out a LOT. Sorry I don't have my Accentuate or Naturally Defined yet either. I will say Pure Sculpture is going to be a really safe bet. It's like the chanel bronzing cream without the orange. It's warm, but subtle-- definitely not orange.

sss215

any other reviews on the 215 brush? Is it scratchy? I am hearing nothing about it but crickets...

mousygiggles

any other reviews on the 215 brush? Is it scratchy? I am hearing nothing about it but crickets...
It is scratchy and the bristles on both of mine were dense but uneven. It was ok for patting the pressed pigment on the lid and was ok with their texture but I did not like it so much with regular shadows or MES. It is ok/nice to have since I have it, but it is not a brush I will use daily like the 217 or anything.

Mac-Guy

If you like the 214, you'll like the 215. It works great for using the pressed piggies and it's also useful for smudging. Mind you, it's a very dense brush, but I do not consider it as scratchy (and I have sensitive eyes). If I only had to pick one brush from this collection, it would be the 163 though as it is more unique.

Audrey C

It is scratchy and the bristles on both of mine were dense but uneven. It was ok for patting the pressed pigment on the lid and was ok with their texture but I did not like it so much with regular shadows or MES. It is ok/nice to have since I have it, but it is not a brush I will use daily like the 217 or anything.
I'm glad this isn't one I ordered without seeing. I like getting the LE brushes where it makes sense (since I don't contour I skipped that one), but since I don't use piggies it sounds like there are better choices for e/s.

mousygiggles

If you like the 214, you'll like the 215. It works great for using the pressed piggies and it's also useful for smudging. Mind you, it's a very dense brush, but I do not consider it as scratchy (and I have sensitive eyes). If I only had to pick one brush from this collection, it would be the 163 though as it is more unique.
I tried it for smudging and it was a little big for me. It is like a bigger 214.

VioletPearl

I'm NC15 at the moment, my winter shade is NC10.
I tried Pure sculpture and it was too reddish orangy on me, even now...
tried the Walnut one, since it looked much more cooler but blended out it was greenish on me. :D:D:D

I'm so sad that they don't make a sculpting powder like NYX's Taupe. I really like the shade on me of thit one but the texture and quality could be improved.

My sister got Pure Sculpture she is somewhere between NC-NW15 and it looks great on her, like natural shadow.

mousygiggles

I'm NC15 at the moment, my winter shade is NC10.
I tried Pure sculpture and it was too reddish orangy on me, even now...
tried the Walnut one, since it looked much more cooler but blended out it was greenish on me. :D:D:D

I'm so sad that they don't make a sculpting powder like NYX's Taupe. I really like the shade on me of thit one but the texture and quality could be improved.

My sister got Pure Sculpture she is somewhere between NC-NW15 and it looks great on her, like natural shadow.
Yes, MAC Strada is my go to contour powder. I wish there was a simiar shade in the creams but CW blended nicely is close enough I suppose. I had a MAC SA tell me over the phone that PS was just that shade and ummm no.

Mac-Guy

Yes, MAC Strada is my go to contour powder. I wish there was a simiar shade in the creams but CW blended nicely is close enough I suppose. I had a MAC SA tell me over the phone that PS was just that shade and ummm no.

ROFL. S/he must be color blind.

Latest posts