mac face and body

Pinkdollface

I read a few pages and might be the only one out but I actually love the 163! Sorry for the late post, but I managed to snag the last one when I picked up the Marilyn collection and Copper Beech just arrived yesterday. I'm NC25 and it looks great, nothing too dramatic but an everyday contour. I know I can apply more and heavy for a night out but I don't see any problems with it. The only question I have is that paler girls seem to be using Coffee Walnut which I believe is darker, so should I have gotten a even darker shade?
I also love the 163, so you're not alone;)
I'm NC15 and use Coffee Walnut, but I don't apply much. If Copper Beech works for you stay with it. The only lighter colour is Pure Sculpture, but that one was just too orange for me and that's why I went with Coffee Walnut. I might have gotten a lighter version if it was available, but since I don't have problems using something with a light hand I'm totally ok with this.

MACina

Me 3.....I really love both brushes from this collection!
I also love the 163, so you're not alone;)
I'm NC15 and use Coffee Walnut, but I don't apply much. If Copper Beech works for you stay with it. The only lighter colour is Pure Sculpture, but that one was just too orange for me and that's why I went with Coffee Walnut. I might have gotten a lighter version if it was available, but since I don't have problems using something with a light hand I'm totally ok with this.

dorni

I'm quite pale, NC/NW 15 at the moment. Coffee Walnut is really dark, but all the other colours looked orange on my skin. I have to blend CW very well and use a light hand for a not too dramatic look, but if Copper Beech works for you, there's no need for a darker contour product.

liba

I'm NC15 too and Coffee Walnut was the only way to go for me too. The others did seem too orange on me, like on the rest of you NC15-ers.

One thing, I did have my makeup done at one point, and with a full face of Studio Sculpt, the lightest brown contour color (is that Copper Beech?) didn't look as orange. Even still, Coffee Walnut is so much more unusual and dramatic, plus will look better on me year-round, especially if I get as tan as I did this past year - that really brought out the olive in my skin tone.

Not to mention, the cremeblend blush Sand Storm, in the Desert Camo palette is so much better for the same type of look. I can't believe I bought that whole palette just for the blush, but the good news is, I actually do use the shadows too. The blush will be gone way before the shadows are, though.

Copperhead

Does anyone here have Richly Honed Pro Sculpting Cream, Beaming and Deeply Dashing Pressed Pigments? I just had an idea to swatch/pat Beaming over a light layer of Richly Honed and got what I think would be similar to Deeply Dashing (probably not but I'm curious anyway). Of course I can't really make the comparisons because I don't have Deeply Dashing.

PixieDancer

Does anyone here have Richly Honed Pro Sculpting Cream, Beaming and Deeply Dashing Pressed Pigments? I just had an idea to swatch/pat Beaming over a light layer of Richly Honed and got what I think would be similar to Deeply Dashing (probably not but I'm curious anyway). Of course I can't really make the comparisons because I don't have Deeply Dashing.
I just ordered DD... it's still available online! So is Beaming!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product...D=CAT154&PRODUCT_ID=PROD22392&SKU_ID=SKU43083

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I read your post too quickly and thought you were looking to buy them. Guess you just wanted a comparison. Sorry boo! Your look in the PP thread is GORGEOUS btw!

Copperhead

I just ordered DD... it's still available online! So is Beaming!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product...D=CAT154&PRODUCT_ID=PROD22392&SKU_ID=SKU43083

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I read your post too quickly and thought you were looking to buy them. Guess you just wanted a comparison. Sorry boo! Your look in the PP thread is GORGEOUS btw!
Thanks PixieDancer! I just tried the Beaming on top of Richly Honed. It's lovely! I don't know how it compares to Deeply Dashing (which I still want) but this is a very nice look on my lid.

These products were introduced together so I figured I'd see how they looked together. LOL.

BTW, did you ever see my post to you about Charming Charlie? It probably got lost in the shuffle of posts but I finally checked it out. I was in a rush and with my daughter but I told her to just let me peek in there for a bit. OMG, I had no idea there was such nice stuff in there. All kinds of things! I can't wait to go back when I have more time.

PixieDancer

Thanks PixieDancer! I just tried the Beaming on top of Richly Honed. It's lovely! I don't know how it compares to Deeply Dashing (which I still want) but this is a very nice look on my lid.

These products were introduced together so I figured I'd see how they looked together. LOL.

BTW, did you ever see my post to you about Charming Charlie? It probably got lost in the shuffle of posts but I finally checked it out. I was in a rush and with my daughter but I told her to just let me peek in there for a bit. OMG, I had no idea there was such nice stuff in there. All kinds of things! I can't wait to go back when I have more time.
Crap... I must've missed your post! WELL.... I'm glad to hear you have a Charming Charlie! I have to keep myself away from that store unless I have AT LEAST an hour to spend! It's THE coolest store! Such a nice collection of a vast variety of goodies! Let me know what you find when you finally get more time to browse!

I think pairing your contour cream and PP is a great idea! I don't use mine for contour much... so I'll DEF try this idea with the colors I have! Everyone seems to REALLY love Deeply Dashing, so it ended up in my cart! Maybe you'll end up with it too! HeeHee Things work like that on here!

Latest posts