mac face and body

Medgal07

It's really more like the 214 rather than the 227. I still like mine.
iagree.gif
I love this brush so much that I've ordered a second one!

Copperhead

Went to MAC just now to try to check out this collection. Coffee Walnut looked like crap on the back of my hand. Glad I got Richly Honed. In the MAC store only 1 pressed pigment was in the display. I didn't even pick it up to see which one it was. At the MAC counter in Dillards, I swatched one of them. I don't remember if it was Day Gleam or Beaming. Whichever one it was it was really pretty. I swirled my finger on the product about 2 or 3 times and each time I PAT the product on my hand to layer it. I'm guessing if I bought any of these this is what I should do to get it on my lid instead of swiping it. The display at this store was a mess though. Uggh.

Richelle83

From the Marilyn event.

Day Gleam applied with fingers
Groundwork PP over DG
Showgirl in the crease(looked better hours ago lol)
Liner/Mascara

And here comes greasy eye lol

Brush for me equals fallout. Fingers work best so far.

Icecaramellatte

I applied one of the pressed pigments the other day by crushing it a bit and then spritzing with Fix+. I then applied it with the 215 brush and it went on much easier than the finger method.

Pinkdollface

I got Coffee Walnut and the 163 brush. When I was at the counter the MUA tried Pure Sculpture on one cheek and it looked too orange. Then she tried Coffee Walnut on the other cheek and it looked much better. This morning I used it myself the first time and I used it with the brush. I love how the brush places it exactly were I want it. I used it too blend Coffee Walnut as well, but after that I used my fingers to blend the edges even better. The MUA gave me the tip to apply my foundation after the contour and not completely over it, but just over the edges. That was a great tip, because now it looks perfectly blended! Also I was not in love yet with the colour when I saw it in store, but now I am. It looks very natural.
I skipped the 215, because it didn't seem that special. I'm statisfied with the 235.
The pressed pigments were not my thing. The glitter would go everywere. I'm sure you can make it work if you want, but I don't want to deal with it, because the colours also didn't do much for me.

KMQE716

Curious question, those of you who are NC45 and darker, what are you using for the highlight cream?

i got Pure Sculpture and i feel like it may be too ashy? what are some other alternatives that may work? i almost got copper walnut or copper beach whatever it is called but i thought it may be too dark...one of those are too grey....arggg

mousygiggles

Curious question, those of you who are NC45 and darker, what are you using for the highlight cream?

i got Pure Sculpture and i feel like it may be too ashy? what are some other alternatives that may work? i almost got copper walnut or copper beach whatever it is called but i thought it may be too dark...one of those are too grey....arggg
If you have more than one you can try mixing it or mix it with your foundation until it is about 2 shades lighter than the foundation/your skin.

luvlydee

theres one called coffee walnut and the other one is copper beach. neither looked too dark for nc45 skin and up. I got copper beach and i love it

KMQE716

If you have more than one you can try mixing it or mix it with your foundation until it is about 2 shades lighter than the foundation/your skin.
hmmm i never thought ab that! Thank you! i think im going to buy another one too maybe that will help

KMQE716

theres one called coffee walnut and the other one is copper beach. neither looked too dark for nc45 skin and up. I got copper beach and i love it
i probably should of got Copper Beach.

I mean like too dark for a highlight. i think i just like my highlight a little bright but dark if that makes sense. i'm going to try Copper Beach...i have pure sculpture ty

luvlydee

i probably should of got Copper Beach.

I mean like too dark for a highlight. i think i just like my highlight a little bright but dark if that makes sense. i'm going to try Copper Beach...i have pure sculpture ty
ooo too dark to highlight... i thought you meant too dark to contour with lol

I think i know what you mean.. u want to look like a bright highlight but not like you have something on thats noticeable? so something closer to your skin color? but yea copper beach is too dark for highlight i think. but u can try. what is ur skintone color in mac terms?

liba

I finally tried applying the pressed pigments with one of the new sponge-esque eye applicators and it's a match made in heaven! I've liked using a finger the best until now - the applicator feels a little weird, since it's so stiff, but it glides that pigment on so precisely and smoothly - no stray fallout like I can get with a finger if I'm not being careful and smoother too. The pigment just glides on so evenly in one pass!

They're kind of pricey for what they are, but they're washable. I'm going to try them with Crushed Metal pigments now, since they're good for crushing too, before applying.

Icecaramellatte

I finally tried applying the pressed pigments with one of the new sponge-esque eye applicators and it's a match made in heaven! I've liked using a finger the best until now - the applicator feels a little weird, since it's so stiff, but it glides that pigment on so precisely and smoothly - no stray fallout like I can get with a finger if I'm not being careful and smoother too. The pigment just glides on so evenly in one pass!

They're kind of pricey for what they are, but they're washable. I'm going to try them with Crushed Metal pigments now, since they're good for crushing too, before applying.
Thanks for the info! I've been wondering if these would work well with the pressed pigments.

liba

Thanks for the info! I've been wondering if these would work well with the pressed pigments.
I originally skipped the lightest pp because very light colors are picky on my lids unless they are really smoothing to my lid texture too, but now with this applicator, I'm considering snagging it, even though really Day Gleam is light enough as a skin match. I know now I'll be able to really apply it super smoothly.

Every time I wear these pressed pigments, I get a little crazier about them. They're so flattering!
love.gif

Mac-Guy

I originally skipped the lightest pp because very light colors are picky on my lids unless they are really smoothing to my lid texture too, but now with this applicator, I'm considering snagging it, even though really Day Gleam is light enough as a skin match. I know now I'll be able to really apply it super smoothly.

Every time I wear these pressed pigments, I get a little crazier about them. They're so flattering!
love.gif
Did you get the eye or the cheek applicator? Or both?

xasperadastra

When I've washed my 163 brush with water and baby shampoo it took a lot to dry... around three days!!! But with Mac brush cleanser in one night it was perfect ^^
Uh and I've finally sold Naturally defined and bought Pure sculpture, yay!!

liba

Did you get the eye or the cheek applicator? Or both?
Just the eye. The cheek one is small in a weird way - 'seems like a good size to get product out of a pot and to dab on the face, but spreading and blending seems to me would need something bigger, unless the cheek one is more flexible than the eye ones.