MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

OctoberViolet

Same. I might get the beauty powder, but nothing else is interesting me at all so far. Love the promo pic though.
Me too. Reminds me a bit of the Aveda Fall / Winter collection, those pics are just stunning.

Wow! Such a stunning promo picture. Love her hair, cheeks, eyes, lips and the dress. Damn. I want it all.
eyelove.gif

bluelitzer

Me too. Reminds me a bit of the Aveda Fall / Winter collection, those pics are just stunning.

I love how they make her look like a mythological being (photoshopped neck, arms etc). And the makeup is absolutely gorgeous! Give me earthy rose and browns!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I love how they make her look like a mythological being (photoshopped neck, arms etc). And the makeup is absolutely gorgeous! Give me earthy rose and browns!
There are a bunch of them, I really love the whole style. Never tried Aveda makeup though, I'm tempted to get the nude lipstick from that (rather small) collection.

Kaidan

There are a bunch of them, I really love the whole style. Never tried Aveda makeup though, I'm tempted to get the nude lipstick from that (rather small) collection.

Those pictures are so beautiful!
eyelove.gif
They remind me of Illamasqua's Once collection from last year.

NaomiH

I am new to highlighters. Which one would you recommend?
I love Summer Opal from Bao Bao Wan (it was my first beauty powder) so I'd totally say Pearl Sunshine will be worth it once it comes out. The Hourglass ambient lighting powders are really nice, as are MAC's skin finishes and Becca makes lovely highlighters as well.

shellygrrl

Staff member
:kissy: Btw, what are foiled e/s? Have we seen/heard about them before?
Not from MAC. Makeup Geek have been selling foiled eyeshadows for a year or two now, though. They're essentially metallic eyeshadows with a wet look to them, like you've used a loose pigment wet (see Shars' reply). I am curious to see how MAC's formula compares to Makeup Geek's; the latter's current formula doesn't seem to work well for those of us with oily lids, even and especially if a primer is used first.
I'm not sure what MAC's foiled e/s but foiling is a technique where you have a shimmery product and by adding a mixing medium (can be water) it develops a metallic foiled look. Like not just shimmer but smooth and metallic like a sheet of foil.
:nods:

Shars

Wow!!! This is beautiful. I didn't even know they made makeup as well. I know them more for their hair product lines.

B

Buffy89

The Aveda promo pics are stunningly beautiful! I haven't tried anything from Aveda myself, but there's an Aveda hair salon in my neigborhood and each morning I'm passing the building, it smells so, so delicious

Latest posts