MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

sugarberry

I actually like the eyeshadows. None of the colours are special, but I like the sheen they give off. Makeup Geek's foiled shadows crease like crazy on me, and I'm not into that thick of a texture, so these MAC ones work much better for me. Sure, I could get a similar effect using my pigments damp, but that's just one more step to do. I like that certain colours have an intense sheen and others just glow. If I get home early enough, I'll post some swatches of the colours I picked up.

Prettypackages

cool, I might check them out.
I actually like the eyeshadows. None of the colours are special, but I like the sheen they give off. Makeup Geek's foiled shadows crease like crazy on me, and I'm not into that thick of a texture, so these MAC ones work much better for me. Sure, I could get a similar effect using my pigments damp, but that's just one more step to do. I like that certain colours have an intense sheen and others just glow. If I get home early enough, I'll post some swatches of the colours I picked up.

pinkcrush

I picked up Among The Fireflies lipstick, Sparkling Rose iridescent pressed powder and Cheek Pollen blush! ATF makes a great everyday neutral lip color. I don't usually like cremesheens but because it was a neutral and didn't have any glitter/shimmer, I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised! I will however use a liner next wear for a bit more definition however. The pressed powder is beautiful as well and brought to mind Becca Opal. It's less metallic and more shimmery than Opal IMO. Cheek Pollen was the standout product for neon this collection! I wore it with Embark, and Brown Script as a contour and Shaft of Gold as a highlight and it was amazing! Definitely WOC friendly if u like that bronzed glowy Jlo look which I do :)

smileyt06

I just picked up ATF and the brush 133. I wasn't getting anything from this collection, but that lipstick has like a mauve, grey, purple undertone that is very very pretty

sugarberry

20151228_225805.jpg
20151228_225229.jpg
20151228_225652.jpg

From wrist down: spellbinder, magic in your eyes, fly by twilight, sweet illusion, enchanted forest, faerie fayre.

First two pics taken in front of my simple human mirror for color accuracy, and the last with flash (I took these pics very late at night) . I was trying to capture the sheen and shimmer. I swatched dry without primer and only swirled my finger in the pan once. I don't wear Mac foundation, but I know nc15 is way too dark.

I like these shadows. They apply well with a softer full brush, like 217, and they last a work day for me with very minor fading. Like I mentioned earlier, makeup geeks' foiled formula creases on me really quickly, so if you have trouble with those, these are worth a shot.

Last edited:

NATlar

My MAC goodies from the MAC Faerie Whisper Collection!! The MAC Counter in White Rose released the collection 2 days early... MAC Blushes in Cheek Pollen and Spellbinder and the lipstick in Among The Fireflies... Really tempted to pick up Sparkling Rose Irredescent Powder and Pearl Sunshine beauty powder but think I've spent enough on MAC this month haha!!

Sorry about the lighting it's quite dark here now!!

image.jpeg

Rinstar

View attachment 50847
View attachment 50848
View attachment 50849

From wrist down: spellbinder, magic in your eyes, fly by twilight, sweet illusion, enchanted forest, faerie fayre.

First two pics taken in front of my simple human mirror for color accuracy, and the last with flash (I took these pics very late at night) . I was trying to capture the sheen and shimmer. I swatched dry without primer and only swirled my finger in the pan once. I don't wear Mac foundation, but I know nc15 is way too dark.

I like these shadows. They apply well with a softer full brush, like 217, and they last a work day for me with very minor fading. Like I mentioned earlier, makeup geeks' foiled formula creases on me really quickly, so if you have trouble with those, these are worth a shot.

Oooh you make Magic in Your Eyes look very tempting

GreenEyedAllie

I've been on mobile (horrible! but it's all I have), so I'm not gonna reply to everyone. I love the look I put together with this stuff at the counter. I tried to upload the picture, but it wouldn't work (probably because mobile is the devil). SB is a must for anyone pale...SR is just so freaking pretty, and the hint of pink/peach works well on me.

I also like the shadows. I'm not blown out of the water like I was hoping. I got JT, FF, and MIYE...JT and FF work very very nicely together, but it is quite a shimmery look. MIYE is just pretty, but again, very shimmery. I find them very soft, easy to use/blend, and pigmented. There is some fall out...at least when I use them dry.

I wanted to love ATF, but it just did not suit me. Strangely, ASM was not at all on my radar, but the MAC MUA 'made' me try it, and she was right! It looked SOOOO pretty on my lips, especially with the whole look. This is funny because it looked terrible swatched. It's really pretty and not super duper metallic despite frost...makes your lips look luminous, if that makes sense. Pale ladies, definitely try this one out.

Sorry so long! Wanted to take advantage of desktop while I could!

lumaday

Picked up both blushes, Pearl Sunshine, and then EF and FF eyeshadows today. Cheek Pollen and PS swatched very nicely on my hand but once I got them home and tried them on they just aren't working for me. Even though I'm NC15ish I had to really layer them on to see much on me - I think they are picking up the warm tones in my skin too much and blending in, and they just didn't add much dimension to my face. This might be one of my first MAC returns. I had pretty high hopes and wanted to try something different as far as the beauty powder but I'm sure one will come out that works better for me. I looked at Sparkling Rose but it is pretty similar to Soft & Gentle so I passed.

Spellbinder blush I haven't tried yet but it looks like it'll work just fine for me.

The EF and FF eyeshadows are really lovely and blend out beautifully! I think they will be really great to try wet too.

They didn't have ASM lipstick in stock or even a tester anymore so I might order that online, it looks like it would be unique to my lipstick stash.

lumaday

can anyone maybe compare cheek pollen to linda blush?

Here are photos with and without flash. Linda is more shimmery and peach than CP. I absolutely love Linda but CP isn't working for me, it has more of a brown tone to it. Hope this helps!

CP on left, Linda on right:
10150733_978065492267_6852703365689205459_n.jpg 1619234_978065467317_3022270803638240742_n.jpg
Linda on left, CP on right 944015_978065447357_5386779533343290899_n.jpg 21519_978065192867_4621527438297006314_n.jpg Linda on bottom, CP on top

Rinstar

Typically I would go for ASM lipstick, but I dyed my hair dark red recently and am thinking that ATF would look better on me right now... I'm going to see all this in person tomorrow and I have stuff to B2M right now too

Corally

Picked up both blushes, Pearl Sunshine, and then EF and FF eyeshadows today. Cheek Pollen and PS swatched very nicely on my hand but once I got them home and tried them on they just aren't working for me. Even though I'm NC15ish I had to really layer them on to see much on me - I think they are picking up the warm tones in my skin too much and blending in, and they just didn't add much dimension to my face. This might be one of my first MAC returns. I had pretty high hopes and wanted to try something different as far as the beauty powder but I'm sure one will come out that works better for me. I looked at Sparkling Rose but it is pretty similar to Soft & Gentle so I passed.

Spellbinder blush I haven't tried yet but it looks like it'll work just fine for me.

The EF and FF eyeshadows are really lovely and blend out beautifully! I think they will be really great to try wet too.

They didn't have ASM lipstick in stock or even a tester anymore so I might order that online, it looks like it would be unique to my lipstick stash.

After reading this I might skip CP... I had the same thing happen to me with Cream Soda and Immortal Flower. You couldn't see anything on my NC20-25 skin (with very yellow/warm undertones). And I can't see CP in person..

iqaganda

Grabbed a couple of stuff from this collection... I was originally just going to pick up the coral lipstick.. but...

I got the 5 nude and one silver foiled shadows, (dunno the names sorry), the two blushes, Sparkling Rose, Pearl Sunshine and the coral lipstick. :D