MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

Tat2dbeauty07

In referance to my earlier answer for atoosagirl Im going to an event this saturday and taking my 24 empties so dont feel odd or out of place if you take your empties to an event cant wait to get me some style black MES!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
I've never done b2m at Saks before, but any counter will only let you b2m for lipstick. I read in another thread the best way to verify is to do a live chat with someone on mac.com then print out the convo and bring it with you to the f/s MAC store. I don't have a problem with b2m anymore. If I'm told by one person at one store or a counter, I make sure I get their name so if I go somewhere else they can call to verify. I guess it helps if you go back to the same counter/store frequently and have a specific MA that you go to. My MAC counter at Nordstroms, half of them know my name & face so they always take care of me. I have a regular I go to as well. Most of the time if she's not there I won't bother going. My Pro store has 6 employees including the manager and I know half of them. Make yourself familiar with the employees. They're supposed to be taking depots without the metal pans now. I have b2m in about a month so I'd be shocked if policy changed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarie
I was wondering the same question
th_confused_new.gif

Yeah I guess I'll need to go online with MAC and see. I called the MAC store closest to me the other day to see if someone would tell me different. The lady that picked up the phone told me that they will only accept depots with all the pieces inside. Including the metal pan.
ARGH.
I'm so mad. Is there somewhere i can just buy friggin metal pans?

Just looking at my depots that I can't trade in makes me so frustrated

limindah

Hmmm..that is so weird.. I just did b2m today. 6 es without the metal pan and they accepted it. the only thing is they still want the melted piece but not the pan itself. wow... i did not expect that every counter has different policy.

hello_kitty

I've never B2M'd at a counter because I like to get shadows, but I have never had a single problem with depots at my freestanding store. They've even complemented me on my "clean" depotting technique before and thanked me for not handing over melted blobs
greengrin.gif

Seems like there's uneven policy across all the counters/stores
ssad.gif

fallenang3l211

you can get cheap pans off ebay. i buy them to press pigments, but i think you can get like 15 for $4. i order 30 at a time. a lot of other specktra users have said they buy cheap pans and stick them in the depots and b2m that way. and yes, i agree, there's an uneven policy. best way for them not to reject your depots would be to chat with someone on mac.com and print it out. that way they can't turn you away. you could always tell them to call the pro store in san francisco to verify
smiles.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Ok I keep getting different answers for this B2M at a freestanding store I can reddem my empties for dazzleglasses and mes correct? I know its been asked before I see many saying yes but when I contact mac live help I get multiple answer some arent for sure, Ive gotten yes's. They told me to contact my store well I can't get an answer and want to know before I travel an hour plus.

Tat2dbeauty07

Ok finally I pestered and pestered I called my store Marvin was the MA's name he said yes. So I got on MAC Chat again the girl said no I said well I spoke to one of the MA's at my local store he said yes. She said well if he said yes then you can, I said will you please confirm that so she went an confirmed I can redeem my empty pigment containers for some MES. I made sure I had a copy sent to my email and I printed it out put it in my purse for saturday!

cno64

I have a question:
Since I'm disabled, I have to do all of my MAC dealings online, by phone, or by mail.
I recently sent, via UPS, my first six empties to MAC for Back to MAC.
About how long does it take to get your freebie in return?
According to UPS, MAC received my empties on September 17, exactly a week ago today.

fairylite100

Last night I tried to b2m two empty pro eyeshadow pans (they still had the magnets and labels on them) and they would not let me. They said empty pans alone are no longer accepted, even if they still have their labels. When did this happen?

fallenang3l211

They should accept the pro pans with magnets on the back. Whoever said they weren't accepted is wrong. Try going to another store or do live chat with mac online and print out the convo. i did b2m yesterday - 4 depots with no pans and they were accepted no questions asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairylite100
Last night I tried to b2m two empty pro eyeshadow pans (they still had the magnets and labels on them) and they would not let me. They said empty pans alone are no longer accepted, even if they still have their labels. When did this happen?

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
you can get cheap pans off ebay. i buy them to press pigments, but i think you can get like 15 for $4. i order 30 at a time. a lot of other specktra users have said they buy cheap pans and stick them in the depots and b2m that way. and yes, i agree, there's an uneven policy. best way for them not to reject your depots would be to chat with someone on mac.com and print it out. that way they can't turn you away. you could always tell them to call the pro store in san francisco to verify
smiles.gif

OMG.....San Francisco pro store takes depots? i plan on going there in 3 weeks. i usually go to freestanding store in berkley for everything mac but i want some pro shadows....

shimegami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle702
Have you tried to do it where you cut the plastic pan with snips in two pieces by the closure? (The way Enkore demonstrates on youtube.)

Just wondering...

Thanks!
greengrin.gif

I've done it. Works really well. And MAC took the containers back no problem even though they didn't quite close right anymore because of the cuts.

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
OMG.....San Francisco pro store takes depots? i plan on going there in 3 weeks. i usually go to freestanding store in berkley for everything mac but i want some pro shadows....

yes, they do
smiles.gif
i lived there all summer. if the pro store on union didn't take my depots i'd go to fillmore. if you go to pro, look for morgan or leili. at fillmore look for hailey or edgar! good luck
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I have a question:
Since I'm disabled, I have to do all of my MAC dealings online, by phone, or by mail.
I recently sent, via UPS, my first six empties to MAC for Back to MAC.
About how long does it take to get your freebie in return?
According to UPS, MAC received my empties on September 17, exactly a week ago today.

I'll answer my own question: If my first Back to MAC by mail is typical, it takes two to three weeks.
I sent off my empties (from Dallas) to MAC via UPS on September 13.
MAC received the package on September 17, shipped out my freebie on September 24, and it's scheduled for delivery to me today, September 30.
I returned two Lustrewhite lipglosses that were way past their prime, an almost-used-up tube of Bare Canvas Paint tube, a Satin Taupe that had shattered, and a couple of rapidly deteriorating Carbon eyeshadows.
I requested Lickable lipstick. That one looked appealing to me, but since I already have soo many bright pinks, I made myself wait until I could get it through the Back to MAC program. This way, maybe I won't feel quite so foolish if it turns out to look just like shades I already own.

hello_kitty

I've been told I could do it by someone on here, but I haven't tried actually doing it yet because I had plenty of depotted e/s pots to use.

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Refuge
I couldn't find the list of returnable items on here.
ssad.gif
Can I B2M a wipes container?

yes you can.

User37

i tried to return a bottle of eye makeup remover along with some other empty stuffs. at the counter they tolf me that the policy has changed and that they got a new list of returnable items.
a bottles of eye makeup remover (the violet one) is not "B2Mable"
WTF2.gif

Latest posts