MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

coquetayloca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole
Will they take back pots without the stickers on the back (the label of the shadow)? I was just wondering because I would like to use the stickers as labels in my palette. Thank you!!!!

You really have to check with your local store. My store takes them back deformed with no labels or metal tins... others don't.

macaddict83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
Thanks a bunch
smiles.gif

Are they still taking in the lash boxes? Not the lash, the box that came with it because I did a search but that was back in the 2006/2007 and I know there was a re-vamp of the B2M. Are they still accepting those at least? Lolz, I have a few just laying around doing nothing.

TIA girls
smiles.gif

I saw someone B2M them while I was waiting at the register end of Feb./beginning of March. I believe you can B2M them at Nordies too. This was a US store. I see you are in Canada, I am not sure whether they have the same policies.

I agree corporate should get a statement together regarding what they B2M and what they don't. The email should be sent to every store so that they are all on the same page.

juicy415

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, is the duo glue that you buy it from mac can also b2m? i know you can buy that glue in any drugstores but cheaper

sheznolady

The Missing Melted e/s Pan Caper

When I B2M at any (insert name of LARGE, happenin' California city) MAC store, my depotted e/s without the melted plastic pans are accepted without question.

Last weekend, however, I decided to B2M for l/s at Nordstrom, San Diego. Among my 18 pieces were 12 depotted e/s containers, which I was told would not be accepted because the melted (depotted) pans were missing. I was told that it was MAC company policy that the entire e/s contents (melted plastic innards included) must be presented to qualify for B2M.

See, this was the first that I'd heard of this, because I always B2M at MAC stores in (LARGE, happenin' California city).

Nordstrom SD stated that if (large happenin' California city) MAC stores were accepting e/s containers without melted plastic, they were in violation of MAC policy.

Isn't there a universal policy for B2M? Inquiring recyclers NEED to know.

Thanks.
th_confused_new.gif

gigiopolis

Just a question that has been nagging me for a while...

A few months ago I bought a Colour Forms brush set. The box it came in had the "BACK2MAC" logo on it. So let me ask you this...what could I possibly Back 2 MAC in the brush set? I mean, the box comes with the 5 brushes, a makeup bag plus a little folding brush holder thingie, and plastic sleeves for the brushes. I don't really know what you can Back 2 MAC from that, and yet the logo is on the box...*confused*

kayley123

Whoa...this is confusing. I just joined this forum, and this answers a lot of my questions...but its also raising 2-3 new ones instead! Oh well, what can you do...
There's a symbol or something on packaging that can be returned for B2M?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Anybody know if MAC wipes qualify? TIA

yes.

once again, everything but accessories, pencils that you sharpen, and brushes count. that's it.

puja1204

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole
Will they take back pots without the stickers on the back (the label of the shadow)? I was just wondering because I would like to use the stickers as labels in my palette. Thank you!!!!

Hey there! Fancy meeting you here...

My Belk & Nordstrom counters take back depotted e/s and blush containers without the metal pan or the label. One girl did ask me, and I told her that I removed it for my palette...she didn't care.

My Macy's counter & MAC freestanding store will take them back without the label, BUT you must have the metal pan in it.

The metal pan is really a counter by counter policy thing, you just gotta ask. I don't think anyone cares about that labels (that I've heard of).

Hope this helps! ~Puja

DownInAHole

Thank you Puja. =] I decided to just make myself labels by taping them to the bottom of the pain. I am not too particular about the labels though, hehe. I know that my Belk counters only take them with the pans in them.

puja1204

That stinks about needing the pans...I bought some off e bay and starsmakeuphaven*com, but it hurts to watch them just throw away those perfectly good empty metal pans.

Now I just call around & only Back2Mac my depotted e/s at counters that still take them without the pan.

I save my less complicated empties for the MAC store where I can get a free eyeshadow without the pan hassle.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
can you back to mac for a dazzleglass?

Yes. The only things you can't B2M for is special packaging stuff, and Viva Glam.

gildedangel

I actually buy the empty pans and put them in the plastic center piece. I paid about $9 for 25 (I actually got an extra one too) pans. After I depot the pan I immediately shove the new pan into the plastic piece because it won't fit if it is cooled. Then I put a little powder in the pan to dull it out and make it look like it held product. I then put the plastic bit back into the main pot and take it to the MAC store. Now I have a palette so I am going to buy the pan eyeshadows now, but all of the extra pans are great for pigments and lipsticks!

cocodivatime

Re: The Missing Melted e/s Pan Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheznolady
When I B2M at any (insert name of LARGE, happenin' California city) MAC store, my depotted e/s without the melted plastic pans are accepted without question.

Last weekend, however, I decided to B2M for l/s at Nordstrom, San Diego. Among my 18 pieces were 12 depotted e/s containers, which I was told would not be accepted because the melted (depotted) pans were missing. I was told that it was MAC company policy that the entire e/s contents (melted plastic innards included) must be presented to qualify for B2M.

See, this was the first that I'd heard of this, because I always B2M at MAC stores in (LARGE, happenin' California city).

Nordstrom SD stated that if (large happenin' California city) MAC stores were accepting e/s containers without melted plastic, they were in violation of MAC policy.

Isn't there a universal policy for B2M? Inquiring recyclers NEED to know.

Thanks.
th_confused_new.gif

It seems like it depends on where you go and who the SA is. I had lots of depots that I ended up swapping away because I thought that they were not taking them anymore.
But yesterday I decided to try because I had a few other empties to add with my remaining depots.

The SA took all 6 of my empties which I kept in a ziplock bag and didnt refuse anything. All she did was count with her eyes that there were 6 and then she threw it in a bin.
I imagine that dealing with empties is kind of gross so she was probably thankful that I had it in a ziploc.

Anyway I typed all of that to say that my MAC store took my depots and I had no problem. But mine was a mix of depots and lippies. maybe if I had all 6 depots it might have been a problem. Who knows.

in the future I don't think I'm going to depot my shadows anymore anyway so I'm good for now

Hope that helped

orkira

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I actually buy the empty pans and put them in the plastic center piece. I paid about $9 for 25 (I actually got an extra one too) pans. After I depot the pan I immediately shove the new pan into the plastic piece because it won't fit if it is cooled. Then I put a little powder in the pan to dull it out and make it look like it held product. I then put the plastic bit back into the main pot and take it to the MAC store. Now I have a palette so I am going to buy the pan eyeshadows now, but all of the extra pans are great for pigments and lipsticks!

I am going to be trying this this weekend. Hopefully I can get the empty pans back into the pots as I have already depotted them. My local Mac store and the local Mac at Macy's both told me they would not take them with out the pan in them.
ssad.gif

zoegeorge84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Anybody know if MAC wipes qualify? TIA

yes! sure do. though I was once told that they didn't but that was a msitake on the aprt of the staff member.

MMMAC26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel

I've been looking for empty pans to press pigments into, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells them. Can I ask where you found yours?

flushed

I emailed MAC a few days ago regarding depotted eyeshadows, here's what part of the email said:

With regard to your inquiry, we are pleased to announce that depotted eye shadow plastic outer casings are currently being accepted for our "Back to M.A.C" program. However, we do recommend that you call your local counter or free-standing store to confirm this, as this policy is just going into effect now.

pipsqu3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMAC26
I've been looking for empty pans to press pigments into, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells them. Can I ask where you found yours?

They sell them lots of places, try coastal scents and stars makeup haven.

Latest posts