MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

gujifijian

Actually, I've never personally bought anything from the actual Mac stores or any freestanding stores. I've purchased all my Mac products via a friend who purchases me the products with her employee discount. So the Mac stores don't have any info on my purchases.
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
gujifijian - Like Noelsmom said, and also at the freestanding store they gotta have you in the computer from previous purchases. This has been said so many times in this thread, another proof nobody reads previous pages
lol.gif

jennifer.

i tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything. is it okay to b2m the studio fix fluid bottles without the original cap? i replaced the cap with a pump and misplaced the original cap and i don't want to get rid of my pump just in case i need it.

plastikpony

so... i'm from canada, and i'm visiting a pro store in the states next week and i plan to bring a bunch of back2mac empties to return. i'm in the system in canada, but not in the states. does it matter if my info isn't in the computer? can i still b2m without previous purchase history within the states?

oh, by the way, can i b2m for Chill Collection's LE eyeshadows and/or glosses? how about Pro eyeshadows?

thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

Does anyone know if the online orders are linked up with the stores for the B2M? For example, I ordered a bunch of stuff online, and I also buy stuff in MAC stores and at the MAC in Macy's. When I go in to do the Back 2 MAC program will they be able to look me up?

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Does anyone know if the online orders are linked up with the stores for the B2M? For example, I ordered a bunch of stuff online, and I also buy stuff in MAC stores and at the MAC in Macy's. When I go in to do the Back 2 MAC program will they be able to look me up?

I dont think that they look you up? but I might be wrong..

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxsoul
Can old packaging be B2M? Like those form a CCO?

yes, they can be.

coquetayloca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowop
MAC brushes aren't B2M products, right?

I dont think so. The packaging doesnt have the symbol on it. On another note... I have 18 depots in my car and I hope my MAC store takes them!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca
I dont think so. The packaging doesnt have the symbol on it. On another note... I have 18 depots in my car and I hope my MAC store takes them!

I'm pretty sure they don't take brushes in for B2M. I read on the site that they don't take "tools" which would I'm assuming include brushes.

Waterbb

I just tried to take my empty eyeshadow containers back to a Mac store today after I depotted them. The MUA there will not take it back. She told me that the silver tin will need to be in there as well in order for them to take it back? Has anyone ever run into a problem like this? I have taken some back about 3 months ago to a counter and they took it?? or did they just change it the rules?

Doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I'm pretty sure they don't take brushes in for B2M. I read on the site that they don't take "tools" which would I'm assuming include brushes.

I read that too but somehow under all the examples, brushes which are the most basic aren't mentioned. But I'm just keeping my hopes up lol, I have two mac brushes that I don't use anymore but don't know what to do with them.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbb
I just tried to take my empty eyeshadow containers back to a Mac store today after I depotted them. The MUA there will not take it back. She told me that the silver tin will need to be in there as well in order for them to take it back? Has anyone ever run into a problem like this? I have taken some back about 3 months ago to a counter and they took it?? or did they just change it the rules?

Read back a few pages, then refer to this link.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/s...ts-b2m-127708/

jani04

Hi guys,

So I went to swaps my 6 empties: 2 select concealer tubes, 2 glass foundation bottles, 1 empty compact and 1 fluidline. But the MA in the store said in New Zealand they don't accept glass packaging.

Has anyone has this problem anywhere else before also? I went to 3 stores
ssad.gif

Also to add, it just irks me that the cardboard boxes for the glass packaging does state B2M. I have traded in glass bottles before in Singapore so I'm wondering whether I should point the B2M sign out to the MA. Are the NZ stores allowed to do this?

HustleRose

what about liquid last liners? i'm not sure if it was covered here cause looking through all these pages at 4am makes my brain hurts.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowop
I read that too but somehow under all the examples, brushes which are the most basic aren't mentioned. But I'm just keeping my hopes up lol, I have two mac brushes that I don't use anymore but don't know what to do with them.

sell them in the clearance bin! surely someone will at least give you a few bucks for them.

BloopBloop

so i know we need the pans for b2m... are we still allowed to hand them in with the plastic parts melted a bit? if i reassmble the outer and inner plastic pieces, the pot wont close because its been deformed.

coquetayloca

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop
so i know we need the pans for b2m... are we still allowed to hand them in with the plastic parts melted a bit? if i reassmble the outer and inner plastic pieces, the pot wont close because its been deformed.

It really depends on the store/counter. The store near me does not require the pan and my pots were a bit deformed also... so I would try calling the store... Also, I se eyou are in NY, there are a couple locations that take the depots up there. Its listed in another thread. I will try to find it...

Latest posts