MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

Yushimi

I just searched this thread. But I recently was told that I couldn't B2M the pro refill pans? Did anyone else have this problem? Because I thought that they did accept them at one point.

TIA
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowop
I read that too but somehow under all the examples, brushes which are the most basic aren't mentioned. But I'm just keeping my hopes up lol, I have two mac brushes that I don't use anymore but don't know what to do with them.

sorry, brushes don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
what about liquid last liners? i'm not sure if it was covered here cause looking through all these pages at 4am makes my brain hurts.

yup, these count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
I just searched this thread. But I recently was told that I couldn't B2M the pro refill pans? Did anyone else have this problem? Because I thought that they did accept them at one point.

TIA
smiles.gif

they do accept the pro refill pans, however the rules might be different in canada.

fintia

ok so it has to be 6 items in order to get a free something.. so can you mix and match items?? or does it have to be 6 of the same?

fintia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Any six empties will work.

yay thanks! i would like to depot.. but where can i get empty palettes? sorry.. but i am new to MAC

Asphyxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
if I would've known!!!!! I threw away all my HK boxes.. I'm soo sad...

You mean the packaging? I don't think those count, but you can recycle them else where. I always recycle my packaging.

fintia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia
You mean the packaging? I don't think those count, but you can recycle them else where. I always recycle my packaging.

I think I read that they accept them... hmm

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani04
So I went to swaps my 6 empties: 2 select concealer tubes, 2 glass foundation bottles, 1 empty compact and 1 fluidline. But the MA in the store said in New Zealand they don't accept glass packaging.

Also to add, it just irks me that the cardboard boxes for the glass packaging does state B2M. I have traded in glass bottles before in Singapore so I'm wondering whether I should point the B2M sign out to the MA. Are the NZ stores allowed to do this?

New Zealand does not accept glass bottles due to some key parts of recycling legislation. As for B2M being marked on the boxes this is because you don't receive individual boxes especially created for the New Zealand market. B2M for glass applies nearly everywhere else, hence the logo.

And to answer another question just recently in the thread, cardboard and plastic outer packaging does not qualify for B2M.

xxManBeaterxx

I wish mac cooperate just send a letter to all the mac counters/pro/freestanding stores and made the MA's know the "set-in-stone" B2M policies. I'm tired of playing the get lucky with the MA day and hope she takes my mac pro pans [some do, some dont
shrugs.gif
]

anita22

Yes I have had this problem in New Zealand too, actually I tried to return some glass a couple of weeks ago at MAC Chancery in Auckland and was told the same thing. I did recall returning glass to MAC at Arthur Barnetts in Dunedin years ago, but then remembered that the SA told me she'd do it strictly as a one off (since I was always in there!).

From a legal perspective, I do wonder whether they technically should be accepting B2M on glass here even if they can't recycle it, since as you rightly pointed out, it is clearly stated on the packaging that glass is included in B2M. Unless a MA specifically mentioned the no-glass policy verbally, there is no way for the consumer to know otherwise. While I understand that the B2M programme is offering something "free" to the consumer which they would otherwise not be entitled to, from the consumer perspective the programme essentially functions as a multibuy discount (Buy X and get X "free"). From that point of view, I think there is a good case to be made that consumers should be able to receive their "free" item if it has clearly been communicated to them that they can do so (e.g. on pack). I don't know what the answer is (legally, for NZ) but as someone who works in marketing I would personally feel obligated to allow people to return glass if this were my product.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

Originally Posted by Yushimi

TIA

they do accept the pro refill pans, however the rules might be different in canada.

I sent some pro refill pans in a few weeks ago and was just told by Michelle at MAC that they are not accepting them!

Yushimi

Thanks a bunch
smiles.gif

Are they still taking in the lash boxes? Not the lash, the box that came with it because I did a search but that was back in the 2006/2007 and I know there was a re-vamp of the B2M. Are they still accepting those at least? Lolz, I have a few just laying around doing nothing.

TIA girls
smiles.gif

jani04

I agree, I do feel since I've returned glass before and it's the standard everywhere else in world then even if they can't recycle the glass it should be taken anyway.

I tried to swap it in Dunedin but alas it didn't work there also
ssad.gif
lol I've been reduced to either a.) posting to to dad to swap in Singapore or b.) getting the bf to swap it for me South Africa when he goes in a month....

I understand the b2m marking on all boxes, including the stock we get in NZ but again this is MAC and the larger a company grows the more rigid/specific the rules should be in my opinion. So if it applies here, then it should apply anywhere else. Not like a mom and pop store where since my cousin's boyfriend's sister works there she'll be sweet with bending the rules for me.

But... this is NZ where it cost me $48 for a creemsheen gloss!! Yep that's $24USD for you US folks. So I guess anything goes.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani04
I understand the b2m marking on all boxes, including the stock we get in NZ but again this is MAC and the larger a company grows the more rigid/specific the rules should be in my opinion. So if it applies here, then it should apply anywhere else.

Then your issue is with New Zealand recycling standards and/or council recycling by-laws, not with MAC.

The easiest work-around on paper would be to apply stickers over B2M logos on packaging for glass bottles for product to be sold in NZ, but I highly doubt that would pass even the most lax effort/expense ratio considering that as a whole MAC in NZ would move at most 100 units of glass packaging a week at the busiest time of the year.

Honestly, it's just one of those things that you can't do much about beyond sending an email to MAC corporate voicing your concerns.

DownInAHole

Will they take back pots without the stickers on the back (the label of the shadow)? I was just wondering because I would like to use the stickers as labels in my palette. Thank you!!!!