MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

fafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimerbijoux
So what do you do exactly? Just take your empties in a bag and approach an MA? What do you say, "I have the 6 containers for B2M" ? lol sorry i'm a dork, I'm just kinda nervous since its my first time. Do you also make a purchase when you get your freebies (I know you don't have to, but do you do it anyway?)

That's exactly what you do! You do not need to make a purchase...I didn't! I'm saving my $$$ for the holiday palettes!

aimerbijoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3
This is strange because I called this morning and they said the pans are not required but it may vary by area.
th_dunno.gif
:confused:

I also called my MAC location and they don't require the metal pan.

ribbons

I have a problem - I B2M-ed 12 things a few weeks ago and got 2 lip sticks, but I let my little sisters play with some of my make up, and they've ripped off a good number of the little stickers on the bottom of my eye shadows and lip sticks. Will MAC counters take back goods with no stickers on the bottom?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons
I have a problem - I B2M-ed 12 things a few weeks ago and got 2 lip sticks, but I let my little sisters play with some of my make up, and they've ripped off a good number of the little stickers on the bottom of my eye shadows and lip sticks. Will MAC counters take back goods with no stickers on the bottom?

are you talking about taking back the two lipsticks you got that now have no sticker on them? if so, you can't return/exchange b2m lipsticks.

you can b2m things without stickers if that's what you're talking about.

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
can LE packaging be b2M? for example, manish arora and emanuel ungaro. can i b2m the charged waters bottle?

yes to both questions. i B2M'ed my neo sci-fi e/s pots with no problem.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_pr0mise
can empties be traded in for the limited edition eyeshadows like the emanuel ungaro?

you're supposed to be able to, but some places won't let you. call ahead and ask.

Moxy

A quick info for UK girls:

I sent 6 empties via mail for my B2M (if anyone needs it, I'll look for the address a mac person gave me) at the end of August, and 2 months later, they sent me my lipstick. I gave them 3 shades and they sent me the one I wanted the most (Plink
heart.gif
). Of course you have to give them your UK address so they can send it to you (I'm just saying that because I almost forgot to enclose the address
lol.gif
)

So the service takes 2 months, but if you're unable to visit them in person for your free goodie, then posting the empties is still an option.
thmbup.gif

luvmkup

Just an FYI: I live in the Jacksonville, FL area, and the MAC freestanding store in the St. John's Town Center told me they do not accept depotted eyeshadows for Back 2 MAC. I then called the Avenues Mall MAC store, and they do accept depotted eyeshadows. I thought this was really weird, considering the stores are only a few miles from each other. I know which store will be getting my business from now on.

hhunt2

I B2M'ed a month ago at the San Jose, Ca (Valley Fair Mall) freestanding location for Shimmermoss e/s.
The gal had wrote "B2M" on the back of the e/s pot and took the box.

Has anyone dealt with that before?
It felt weird without the little sticker on the box. But I guess I shouldn't complain b/c it was free. But I had removed the whole sticker on the pot and cut out the e/s name.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I B2M'ed a month ago at the San Jose, Ca (Valley Fair Mall) freestanding location for Shimmermoss e/s.
The gal had wrote "B2M" on the back of the e/s pot and took the box.

Has anyone dealt with that before?
It felt weird without the little sticker on the box. But I guess I shouldn't complain b/c it was free. But I had removed the whole sticker on the pot and cut out the e/s name.

When people back to mac, we do mark the item, but do not take the boxes away. Well not at my location at least. I write "B2M" on the item and slash across the SKU, because there are people who try and cheat the policy on an already free item.

Next time ask her if you can keep the box. SHouldn't be a problem, but it does vary from location to location.

Asphyxia

I might have posted this before.

The only problem I've ever had with B2M is getting the counter to give me a limited edition lipstick (not Viva Glam) in return for my empties. Whenever I have trouble I usually bring up the fact that there is never any consistency among MAC counters. I always insist on brining in a statement from MAC saying that it's ok just so they can give me the lipstick of my choice. This works because it is not worth losing a loyal customer over a free lipstick. Last time they said, "we will do it this time but remember next time no limited edition lipsticks."

I'm beginning to wonder if Mac Counters are independently owned and operated....or maybe just independently operated. Some counters say yes and some say no. Who to believe?

For the Mac counters who do not accept eye shadow empties without the pan should reconsider. We can always reuse the pans to press pigments (for those who press pigments).

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia
I might have posted this before.

The only problem I've ever had with B2M is getting the counter to give me a limited edition lipstick (not Viva Glam) in return for my empties. Whenever I have trouble I usually bring up the fact that there is never any consistency among MAC counters. I always insist on brining in a statement from MAC saying that it's ok just so they can give me the lipstick of my choice. This works because it is not worth losing a loyal customer over a free lipstick. Last time they said, "we will do it this time but remember next time no limited edition lipsticks."

I'm beginning to wonder if Mac Counters are independently owned and operated....or maybe just independently operated. Some counters say yes and some say no. Who to believe?

For the Mac counters who do not accept eye shadow empties without the pan should reconsider. We can always reuse the pans to press pigments (for those who press pigments).

The deal with back to Mac is that you are to return 6 empty containers, in their entirity. Like for example if you bought an eyeshadow, once you are finished with it you can return the empty container intact. So both pan and metal can be recycled.

We accept pro pans too, so there are people who will try to double dip, at my location we absolutly do not accept anything without the pan in it. And alot of customers do not press pigments, for those who chose to they do sell empty pans from other vendors online. Just the general public isnt as "crafty" or into it as the specktra fan.

But I think to be fair, you are getting a free product, I think just the fact that this program exist should be enough for people to abide by its rules.

HTH.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
The deal with back to Mac is that you are to return 6 empty containers, in their entirity. Like for example if you bought an eyeshadow, once you are finished with it you can return the empty container intact. So both pan and metal can be recycled.

We accept pro pans too, so there are people who will try to double dip, at my location we absolutly do not accept anything without the pan in it. And alot of customers do not press pigments, for those who chose to they do sell empty pans from other vendors online. Just the general public isnt as "crafty" or into it as the specktra fan.

But I think to be fair, you are getting a free product, I think just the fact that this program exist should be enough for people to abide by its rules.

HTH.

Agreed.

There's three resons why I don't de-pot:

1) i hate the look of mac's 15 e/s palette
th_dunno.gif

2) i absoloutely love the e/s in their pretty round pots
heart.gif

3) i can B2M without any fear because it's all there, nothing taken away
thmbup.gif

gujifijian

i thought u could get a lipstick or an eyeshadow! so it's only lipstick u can get? that sucks! I don't wear lipsticks! I wear lip glosses and i'd rather take an eyeshadow! grrrrrr

noelsmom

In my experience, at a counter you can only get a lipstick. But at an actual freestanding store you can get a lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow.
HTH!

Moxy

gujifijian - Like Noelsmom said, and also at the freestanding store they gotta have you in the computer from previous purchases. This has been said so many times in this thread, another proof nobody reads previous pages
lol.gif

Latest posts